Billy Gambini part 2

Part 2 requested by ralphsoneandonly

Billy's POV

I couldn't help it, I couldn't get her out of my mind. Ever since I saw her at the court house I still remember every word she spoke and everything about her. Her soft, glowing skin and bright smile. I wanted to go back and see her again, but I had no idea where she was and it was sort of weird to just show up to her house as pretty much a stranger. And what if she doesn't remember me?
"Stan?" I yelled.
"Yeah?" He said back.
"Come here!" I heard his footsteps get louder as he appeared from our dorm living room.
"What do you want? Family Ties is on!"
"Well this is more important than Family Ties alright?"
"What's wrong then?" I sighed and stood up in my bed, I was unsure of how I could possibly tell him I wanted to see that woman again.
"At the court house back in Alabama, I met this woman. I saw her sitting on a bench upset when we were leaving so I decided to talk to her. She actually ended up being really nice and we got along pretty quickly."
"So what are you trying to say?" He asked.
"Well... I haven't stopped thinking about her. I want to see her again! But I don't know how I could do that, we still barely know each other." Stan went silent for a bit then finally stood up and stretched.
"I don't know man, I mean if you're meant to be then maybe she'll turn up again but for now I'd focus on that biology test you're about to fail. Good talk ole, chap!" He left the room without another word. Big help. But I figured he was right, no possible way I could just turn up in a whole other state in hopes of finding someone where I don't even know their whereabouts. I sighed again and buried my face within my book.

Your POV

"I'm so excited!" I squealed.
"I know! This is going to be amazing!" My friend, Amanda, said. Christmas break had started for college students and we had managed to save up enough money to go to California for our break. We'd only be staying a week as we'd want to come back to our families and be on time for school. We were ready to be back under the sun though.
"Alright I'm ready when you are!" Amanda said from the front door. I set my suitcase down on the floor and lifted the handle.
"Let's go!"

I woke up to the feeling of being tilted downwards and I looked out the window to see the plane coming closer to the ground. I shot up and nudged Amanda aggressively.
"We're here!" I cheered. She woke up and rubbed her eyes. I grasped the arm rests of the chair in anticipation, it looked amazing outside! The plane landed and we retrieved our luggage from the spaces above. Our journey had finally begun!

Billy's POV

I had finally finished all my classes for today and I was happy to know I passed the biology test I had so much trouble with. I decided to go to the store and buy some stuff to make dinner as a reward.
I entered the little grocery store to buy some ingredients, having to find the cheapest options because, well, I'm a college student. I went row to row throwing all the needed ingredients into a shopping basket. Suddenly I felt my basket bump and ricochet into one of the isles.
"I'm so sorry!" I said quickly. I stopped to see who I had bumped into and that's when my heart leaped. There she was, the girl from the court house. Y/n. I looked at her in shock as I didn't expect in a million years to be seeing her in California the same day I had been thinking about her.
"It's alright," she said with a slight smile. Her voice was just as it had sounded. She was just as gorgeous as when I left. She had a friend with her who looked confused as we eyed each other, I bet Stan would like her.

Your POV

Amanda and I went to the store to fetch snacks to eat at our hotel. We weren't the best shoppers so we spent most of the time running around and messing with each other. We were near the bakery section when I felt a sudden push on my legs and heard a slight crash.
"I'm so sorry!" A mans voice said. I looked up to see a familiar face. I finally recognized it to be the man I saw so many months ago at the court house. I remembered his story about the murder and his gentle touch as he wiped makeup off my face. Billy is his name I'm pretty sure.
"It's alright," I said. His look softened and I saw him look at Amanda then immediately back at me. I turned to her.
"Go get some chips, I'll catch up to you," I handed her the other snacks. She nodded in confusion then left the isle. I turned back to Billy, he had a grin on his face.
"Never thought I'd see you again," he laughed. I chuckled and started to fidget with the plastic of a bread wrapper.
"I know, small world huh?"
"What are you doing here in California?" He asked. He pushed his cart aside and walked up to me.
"My friend and I are here for Christmas break, we're staying a week." His smile turned into a slight frown.
"A week? Why not the whole time?" He asked.
"Well two weeks is a long time and I'd like to get back to family," I gave a solemn look as he seemed a bit disappointed.
"Ah, my break doesn't start till next week. I won't have a lot of time with exams coming up."
"It's alright. Maybe we could cross paths again?" He shrugged his shoulders and averted his eyes back to the grocery aisles. I smiled. "How about I give you my phone number? And the address to my dorm? Maybe we could see each other again!" He turned back to me.
"Really? Sure, sounds great!" I got my wallet out and tore out a piece of paper from a notebook. I got a pen out and wrote on it. After that I tore it in half so he could write his information. I watched him as he did so. I was so happy to be seeing him again, though I've been busy a lot he hasn't really left my mind much. I haven't been able to meet a guy who was as caring as he is, especially to a stranger. It felt like fate that we were together again. He handed the paper back to me and I gave him mine. Billy Gambini, it said, followed by a phone number. I smiled at him and tucked it away in my purse.
"I'll call you later, Billy," I said. He grinned.
"Sounds good! Talk to you later," he grabbed his basket and we parted ways.
—————————
A/N
Came up with this at the spring of the moment sorry if it's not great