Daniel LaRusso part 2

Requested!

    It had been a few weeks ever since the incident and to say that there has been growing romantic tension would be an understatement. I would catch myself peeking over at Daniel, who would also be looking at me, followed by red cheeks and a shy smile. Johnny had continued to tease us, especially Daniel, for it but I couldn't really say I was mad at him anymore, if anything it was a blessing. Things were starting to get interesting and it left me wondering if Daniel would ever ask me out.
     It was seventh period and I was, once again, walking back to the school from my locker. I tugged my jacket closer around my waist as the wind blew, moments like this made me miss the heat. How was it getting windy already in California?
     I walked into the classroom as I made immediate eye contact with Daniel. We smiled at each other and I went to my seat. I looked back at him again and noticed his friends laughing and shoving him all the while taking glances at me. I gave them a confused look and sat down. Maybe today's the day!
     The science teacher strutted up to the front of the class and started to write on the chalkboard. The class got quiet as the soft taps of the chalk grew louder. We were all adjusted in our seats by the time he finished it off with a bold line underneath the words. With a sigh he turned and said,
     "Class we'll be starting a project that will take up the next week. Please choose your partners quickly." With that the whole class went back to its noisy self with scraping chairs and chatty kids. Obviously Daniel and I were gonna be partners.
     "Hi," he said.
     "Hello," I bit my lip a little as I tried to hide my smile. It was impossible not to act jittery around him, he was my own best friend and here I was being nervous! How could I not though when he seemed to be looking at me all the time with the same, soft look in his eyes.
     The class settled down once more and the teacher finished writing the groups down on a sheet of paper. Afterwards he explained the instructions of the project along with passing out guides. The rest of the class period would be spent talking about the subject at hand and thinking of a hypothesis for our projects. I was bent over a textbook reading the chapter when a folded piece of paper was tossed onto it. I side eyed Daniel who was admiring the ceiling. I rolled my eyes and opened the paper excitedly. My eyes widened as I read it and I felt a heat wave rush throughout my body. I whispered as I read,
Will you go on a date with me? With a "yes" and "yes" box beside it. I giggled as I scanned over the note a few times. I grabbed my pencil and filled in both "yes" boxes. I folded it and gave it back to Daniel. He read it back and leaned next to me and whispered.
"My place on Saturday, alright?"
"Okay," I smiled and we went back to our work as before.

"Are you really surprised he asked you out? I mean you've been eyeing each other for a while now," my friend, Kate, teased. I pushed her playfully.
"Oh stop!"
"He literally admitted his feelings for you, and you made it pretty obvious you felt the same."
"I know. But it's still exciting!" I started to have a little skip in my step as I went on and on about the possibilities of Saturday night. "Hey, want to maybe help me choose an outfit after school?"
"Sure."

Kate and I had finally made it home and within seconds my room was already in shambles.
"Y/n I promise you it really isn't this big of a deal."
"Yes it is! This is my first date ever and I have to look just right." I popped out of my closet with heaps of clothes hooked to my arms.
"Are you forgetting he's your best friend though? You know each other better than anyone." She sat up from the bed with tired eyes.
"Yeah but it doesn't mean I can't put effort. So which one?" I held a yellow top and a green top up and put each one against my body in comparison. Kate just gave me another confused look.
"Aren't they the same?" I dropped my arms down.
"No, I read in the teen magazines that clothes and colors can really set the mood of a date. Yellow seems more outgoing and playful, while green seems a bit more sophisticated." Kate chuckled and stood from the bed.
"Yeah and nothing screams sophisticated like a date in Reseda with mr. King Karate."
"Come on, I really want to look nice!"
"Fine, the yellow. It suits your personality more, or whatever Teen Mag said."
"Alright. Sounds good. I'll let you go now."
"Don't have to tell me twice," she opened the door and quickly stepped out into the hallway.
"Bye!" I yelled. I picked out a few more items and accessories to put the outfit together and hung it up to review it. "Perfect," I whispered then went to the hassling task of putting my closet back together.

It was Saturday night and I had made it to Daniel's apartment. I opened the gate and walked past the, per usual, empty pool and admired the lit up fountain nearby. I climbed the short set of stairs and stared at the 20 hung up on the teal door. I made quick adjustments to my hair and clothing before giving a single knock. I jumped a bit as he opened the door quicker than the speed of light.
"Oh!" I gasped, "Hi Daniel."
"Hi! Come in!" He motioned me inside and shut the door behind me. My jaw dropped a little as I realized the small apartment had been almost completely transformed. The coffee table was decorated with a soft, red tablecloth and there were pillows around it to act as seats. There was a single candle (Beachwood Vetiver and Sea Spray Driftwood scented). The room was dim besides a few lamps on and a radio nearby.
"Wow Daniel this is... amazing! Did you do all of it?"
"I had some help with the cooking," he smiled.
"Cooking? Wow you really did go all out," I teased.
"It's almost ready. Have a seat!" He went back into the kitchen as I placed myself atop one of the pillows. As I looked down at my plate I only noticed chopsticks. I smiled as I could only imagine who had been the one to help him with the food.
"Bon a petit!" He said. He placed a tray of sushi on the table. "Fresh and made by yours truly."
"Looks delicious!" Daniel made himself comfortable as he sat across from me. I set my napkin down on my lap and did my best to use my chopsticks correctly. I set some sushi down on my plate when I heard Daniel cry out.
"Oh I almost forgot!" He hopped up and disappeared inside the kitchen. I tried to hold in a few giggles. What he did was so cute, I didn't know guys put this much effort into this kind of thing. Honestly this was much better than any expensive restaurant.
"Voila!" He came back with a wine bottle in hand and poured some in our glasses. I picked up the glass and whirled it around a bit in the light, noticing it had a lighter and slightly bubblier consistency.
"Tea?"
"My mom said no to real wine so I just cleaned out one of the bottles. Formality." He gave cute grin and placed some sushi on his own plate. "Before we dig in," he grabbed his glass, "a toast!"
"A toast to what?"
"A toast in hopes that this sushi is good." We laughed and clinked glasses. Daniel watched me with anticipation as I took the first bite.
"This is delicious!" He relaxed a bit as I took another.
"Glad you like it!" We didn't talk much as we finished off our plates and drinks, the radio filled the silence with the usual George Michael and such. We finally took our last gulp of our drinks and sighed as we felt the fullness of our stomachs.
"That was great Daniel. Thank you so much for everything." I said.
"It was no problem. I was actually really nervous about doing a date here."
"Why?"
"I thought maybe you'd expect something high quality or at least something that costs money." I leaned forward and grabbed his hand.
"You know I don't care for that type of thing. Expensive or not a date is a date and I'd say this is the best one any person could have!" As I said this the soft look returned within his eyes.
"Wanna sit somewhere more comfortable? Gets hard after a while on these floors."
"Sure!" We stood up slowly as our legs had gotten a little stiff. We relaxed more as we sat on the couch and watched the dancing flame of the candle. "This really was wonderful Dan, I'll have to do the same for you one day!" He looked at me and smirked.
"Are you saying you'd like a second date?"
"I'd be dumb not to!" We met eyes and smiled at each other, I admired the warm candle light against his face and how the shadows cast on his dark eyes. We were closer and I found myself snuggled up to him. I felt him pull me closer with his arm and eventually meet me with a soft kiss. My heart fluttered and I felt the same heat wave cascade through my face. He brushed his fingers against my face and down my back and we stayed like that for a few seconds, I could've stayed like that forever though.
We pulled away and smiled shyly as we avoided each other's eyes. It did feel kind of awkward kissing your best friend, but it also didn't at the same time. We leaned into each other again and enjoyed the warmth of each other's embrace.
"Tonight was great," I said quietly.
"I'm glad. I can't wait to do it again."
——————————————-
A/N
Go follow my tiktok @ ralphie.mccio!!!