Ralph Macchio

Requested by staygoldlove

"How hot is it now Ralph?" I asked.
"103 (F)," he replied. I groaned and collapsed against the back of my chair. I looked outside at the shiny buildings that seemed to have the blazing sun reflecting right off of them. Ralph came over and placed a fan in front of where we were sitting. I sighed and closed my eyes as the coolness brushed against my sweaty skin. It was finally that time of the summer that seemed to be different from the rest, and not in a good way. Who would've thought that snowy, cold New York could become so dry and blistering?
"The fans aren't enough," Ralph complained.
"I know. What other options do we have though?" He didn't say anything back as the sound of whirling fan blades filled room. After a few more seconds I unstuck myself from the chair and went to the kitchen to get a drink. I eventually found myself pretty much trying to fit my entire body in the fridge as the cold air was more than inviting.
"You know what would be better than cramming into a fridge?" A voice asked. I jumped and turned to see Ralph trying not to smile.
"What?"
"Swimming!"
"Oh yeah!" How could I have forgotten about swimming? On a boiling day like this? We both went to our closets to get our bathing suits. I threw on some sandals and put a large T-shirt over myself as a swim cover. I also packed a small bag with towels, sun screen, and snacks. We were done in less than five minutes.
"Ready to go?" Ralph shouted from the door.
"Do you even have to ask?" I grabbed the keys from the kitchen counter and followed him to the car.

We finally made it to the pool and surprisingly enough there wasn't too many people there, but not too less either. We found a table at a shady spot and set our things down.
"Be sure to put on sun screen, I know how easily you burn," He handed me the bottle with a smirk.
"Thanks. You're lucky the sun likes you." Ralph chuckled and squeezed some onto the palm of his hand.
"I'll help you!" I flinched as the felt the coldness hit my back, I quickly relaxed though as it felt much better than the suns heat. "See, that was quick!"
"Yeah I suppose. You take good care of me," I smiled as he leaned in and pecked me on the lips. We turned our attention to the blue pool that seemed to be calling our names by the second.
"Wanna see who can jump off the diving board the highest?" I gave him a sneaky side eye and smirked.
"You bet!" We speed walked to the diving boards who each had a small line. Ralph and I occasionally exchanged anxious looks as our turns got closer. My heart was pounding through my chest as I finally climbed the latter and stepped foot on the board. I looked over at Ralph who nodded to say he was ready.
"Three..."
"Two..."
"One!" We both sprinted to the end of the board and jumped off, ending in a quick dive. I let air bubbles escape my mouth as my body was encased in the freezing water. I swam back up and pushed hair out of my eyes.
"I was definitely the highest!" Ralph panted.
"No way, it was definitely me!" I swiped my hand across the water and a wave of water hit his face.
"Oh it's on!" He then pushed a bigger wave of water at me and I screamed as he continued. I backed away from him as the waves got bigger, occasionally trying to strike back, but I eventually hit the wall of the pool.
"Give up yet?" He asked as he finally stopped. I took a second to wipe the water out of my eyes and looked back at him with a smirk.
"Not on your life!" I then lunged forward and collapsed onto him as we fell underwater. I finally found my grip on him as I poked my head out of the water and held him under for a few seconds longer. I finally let him go and he let out a big gasp as he came out.
"You play a mean fight!" He panted.
"That wasn't even the worst of it!" I laughed. I swam over to the ladder at the side of the pool and hopped out.
"Tired already?"
"No," I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my shoulders, "hungry!" I speed walked to our things to get off the boiling pavement. I unzipped the bag and rummaged through the chips and granola bars stuffed inside. I sighed as I didn't see anything that could satisfy me.
"We packed all that and you want nothing?" Ralph asked walking up to me. I shrugged.
"Guess not." Suddenly we paused as we heard soft music getting closer to the pool. We turned to see an ice cream truck park itself at the side of the road. We looked at each other and I flashed him a sweet grin.
"Ice cream?" He asked.
"I could go for some!" Ralph found his wallet in his bag and we followed the small crowd of people over to the ice cream truck.
I eyed the menu on the truck eagerly as the pictures next to each treat lured me in more. I nodded to myself as I decided what I want. I noticed Ralph staring at me and smiling.
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing," he turned his attention back to the ice cream man as it was our turn. We walked up to the window and a slight breeze of cold air hit our face.
"May I help you?" The man asked in a ice cream stained uniform.
"Can I get a cup of chocolate ice cream please?" He nodded and disappeared in the back for a moment to fix up the order. He returned and handed me the large cup of the cold dessert.
"That'll be three dollars," the man said.
"Three dollars?" Ralph exclaimed. I walked away quickly as he rumbled through his wallet.
"Have a nice day!" The man smiled. Ralph then followed behind me.
"Three dollars for that?" He asked.
"If it makes you feel any better I'll share!" I scooped some up into the plastic spoon and put it near his mouth. He grabbed it and took a bite. "Good isn't it?"
"Yeah, it is," he gave the spoon back to me and put an arm around my waist. "Not surprised that of all the snack options we had you chose the one that cost money." I giggled.
"You know me so well!"

It had been an hour and we were on our way home from the pool. We were exhausted and ready for a long nap.
We pulled into the drive way and I pretty much sprinted into the house to get out of my wet swim suit. I changed into one of Ralph's t-shirts and a chill went through my body as it's warmth replaced the coldness of the swim suit. Ralph appeared in the door way just as I hung the suit over the shower to dry.
"Ready for bed huh?" He smirked.
"Yeah. What's so funny?"
"I like when you wear my clothes." I blushed as his gaze stayed on me.
"I like wearing them too," I said bashfully. I slipped past him and snuggled myself under the soft covers. Ralph joined me.
"I had fun with you today Ralphie, thanks for taking me swimming!"
"I had lots of fun too," he sat up and kissed my cheek then layed back down. I rest my head on his arm and and wrapped myself around him as my eyes got heavier.
—————————-
A/N
I'm so, so sorry this took so long to publish! I've had other things on my mind as school is coming up soon. Hope you enjoy! xx