Ralph Macchio part 2

Requested!

    It was already a few weeks later after the crash. The news had gotten out to everyone and I had received tons of get well baskets and cards. The best gift I could ever receive though was the news that I could finally go home, but it was starting to worry me. What if after I go home things with Ralph and I go back to normal? I have to be honest when I say his company has been really comforting and he's helped a lot the past few days, he's done a lot more than the nurses have done. I didn't want to hate him anymore, he's all I really had while in the hospital.
    "Would you like some more?" He asked.
    "No thanks," I smiled. He was back for his daily visit with me and today he decided to surprise me with food since I've had nothing but bland hospital potatoes. I watched him as he set down a container of french fries back into a paper bag.
    "So when do you think you'll be able to go home?" I shrugged.
   "I'm not sure, I think soon though. I mean, my wounds are all healed. I admit I enjoyed not going back to work, I really needed some down time." Ralph laughed.
   "Yeah I'm sure," he paused a bit to finish his lunch and spoke again, "I could tell you were putting a lot of pressure on yourself on set. You don't always have to be working you know."
    "Well it's kind of hard to relax when I had you on my back the whole time." There was another pause but this time is was awkward and still. Ralph looked down at the ground and didn't say anything. I felt bad as I looked at him, maybe it wasn't the time to mention this after he's been so nice to me. "Sorry," I said.
    "You're fine. I understand," he started to gather trash off of the side table.
    "Really though, Ralph, why have you been so nice to me after everything that's happened at work? You're the last person I expected to be here of all people."
   "I don't know. I guess..." he stopped as he thought of what to say next. "I guess I never really hated you. I felt like I needed to be here for you, I needed to know that you were okay." He looked up at me with soft eyes. He never hated me? After everything he's said?
    "How have you never hated me? I've been so awful to you."
    "Well how could you not I just- I don't know. Just something about you I guess. I never really got to know you till now, something just drew me here and now I really like you." He gave a nervous grin and continued to clean the room. His words echoed in my mind "I needed to know that you were okay." I could've cried. I watched as he threw trash away and avoided my gaze. The man I hated the most was actually the kindest person anyone could meet. My entire mood about him had changed and I actually grew a big heart for him. He was so caring and loving, even after all the insults and fighting. He's been there for me.
    I started to rip the covers off my legs. I sat up from my bed and slowly stood as I hadn't really left it in a while. Ralph turned around and gasped.
   "Y/n what are you doing?" I couldn't stop myself though as I grabbed his hand and pulled him to me and kissed him. A warm sensation cascaded throughout my entire body. It felt right being with him, his touch was as soft and sweet as his words. He tried to hug me tightly but hesitated as if not to hurt me. I didn't care though, I wrapped my arms around his neck and felt his hands caress my face.
    "Y/n I have- oh?" Ralph and I jumped away from each other as a doctor entered the room.
    "Yes?" I asked nervously. The doctor cleared his throat and proceeded to look from his clip board back to me and Ralph.
   "Well, uh, I came in to say that you're ready to go home and that you can try and walk again. But I see you've already tried that." I felt my face get hot and spotted another achieved smirk on Ralph's face. God that smirk.
   "Yes sir. Thank you!" He nodded and left. I was left there in another silence as I took in what had happened. I kissed him.
   "Well that's great news!" Ralph cheered to break the slight tension, "we can get you packed up right away!" He went back to the bed to retrieve more things when I grabbed at him again.
   "Thank you for everything Ralph," I said.
   "Of course, now let's get you home."