Johnny Cade part 2

Part 2 requested by ralphmacchio800

It had been about two days since I had last seen Johnny Cade and I knew quick that I needed to see him again. I decided that the only way to possibly find him was to wait it out at tennis practice after school. I changed into my uniform and strut out onto the court.
     "About time?" Wendy asked, she was able to be at practice today.
    "Yeah," I replied. Before serving I checked out the area to see if I could spot any of the boys but there was nothing. With a sigh I served the ball and Wendy and I played tennis for about thirty minutes.
    "Water break!" She panted. I found a spot under some shade and sat beneath it for some cool air. Suddenly I heard footsteps and my heart started to pound as laughs and the smell of cigarette smoke joined it. I leaped from my shady spot and skipped back into view of the gang of greasers.
     "Ready when you are!" I cheered. Wendy gave me an odd look.
     "Ok? Hey!" She pointed, "aren't those the greaser boys you talked about?" I nodded. As she served the ball was when the boys finally looked our way.
     "Guess it's our lucky day again!" One shouted. I noticed Wendy roll her eyes but a smirk couldn't help but appear on my face at the thought of Johnny being right behind me. "Hello ladies," the boy, Dally, cheered. I ignored him and pretended to not listen. I grabbed the ball from beside the fence and continued a second game. The boys heads moved side to side as they watched the ball soar through the sky, finally my racket whizzed through the empty air and the ball bounced to the ground.
"Aw that's too bad," Dally said.
"Go away, hood!" Wendy spat.
"Make me blondie!" He yelled. Suddenly Wendy went off and started to cuss out the young man. I finally took a peek at Johnny who was also looking at me. I smiled at him and motioned my eyes towards the back of the changing house. He nodded as if to understand. We watched in silence as the other two argued.

It was time to go home once again and I had hurriedly made my way back to the back door to see a little Johnny standing in the moonlight.
"Hi," I said with a smile.
"Hi," he smiled back.
"I want to talk to you about-"
"Did your word disappear too?" My eyebrows raised as he interrupted me. So it was true.
"Yeah, it did. Did yours?"
"It did. I didn't notice at first but I knew it was you. I'm sorry I didn't come back earlier."
"It's alright. When'd you get yours?"
"A month ago, I thought it was a joke at first though. Didn't think I'd ever have a soul mate."
"I got mine the same day I met you. Guess I got lucky!" I giggled. The same silence as before took over and I felt sort of awkward as his eyes watched me, the look was sweet and comforting though.
"Would you like to go out with me?" I blurted. I know I'm supposed to wait for the boy to make a move but this was Johnny, he was frail and a bit shy. He even jumped back a bit as I asked the question.
"You actually want to?" He panicked.
"Of course I do, what's wrong?"
"Well... you're a soc. Your friends would kill me. Bob, with the rings, would kill me."
"I'm not friends with him. And I wouldn't care anyways. You're a sweet guy, Johnny, really. Give it a chance!" He went quiet and he finally nodded.
"Okay, I'd like that!" I smiled again.
"Great! Meet here on Saturday, it can be casual," I leaned in and hugged him. "See you then!"
"Yeah," he replied flustered, "see you."
——————————
A/N
Don't know if the second part is as good as the first but hope you enjoyed :)