Billy Gambini part 1

Billy's POV

   I felt like the entire world was lifted off my shoulders. Stan and I laughed at each other as the courtroom filed out and we were left in the room with my cousin, Vinny, and his now fiancé.
    "Thank you so much, Vin!" I said. I embraced him in a hug and pat his back.
    "Yes, thank you! And I'm sorry I ever doubted you!" Stan shook his hand.
    "It was no problem," he said. "I couldn't have done it without you though, dear," he grabbed his fiancé's hand and squeezed it. She giggled and twisted a strand of curly hair between her fingers. Stan and I smiled and I followed the three of them out of the room.
    I was falling a bit behind them when I heard the sound of faint crying. I stopped and searched for the noise. There I saw a girl on a bench with her face buried in her hands, occasionally jolting up a bit from holding in her cries. I slowly walked towards her.
    "Hey," I said quietly. She stopped and looked up at me, I could tell her makeup was now smeared down her cheeks. She quickly looked away from me. "Are you alright?" I asked. She didn't answer.

Your POV

   I couldn't look at him, especially when I was in such a wreck. Who was this man talking to me? And why did he care? I wiped at my cheeks and turned to him but with my eyes still to the ground.
    "It's just my situation, but I'm fine." I whimpered.
    "Are you sure? Are you alone? Is it happening right now?" He asked.
   "Yes, yes, and no. I'm all alone okay, now please leave me be!" I snapped. He jumped back as I said this and I suddenly felt a wave of empathy.
    "Sorry," he said, "you're right I shouldn't have asked. I just wanted to make sure you were okay since you didn't seem to have anyone with you. Goodbye now." He started to walk away but I panicked and reached out a hand.
   "Wait!" My voice echoed in the big hallway, I had his wrist gripped in my hand. He turned to me in surprise. I let go of him and relaxed. "I could really use someone right now actually." I said. He nodded then sat next to me.
    "What's wrong?"
    "I think my brother may be getting arrested. I can't really say for what but I know what it's gonna do to our family, they live so far away and I'm unsure of how much they know. It's just hard to believe he could ever be a criminal," I looked down in shame.
    "Has it been proven he's done it?"
    "There's evidence leading to it. But we're not really sure. It might be someone else. I don't know, I don't even know why I'm telling you this. With my parents gone though I don't have anyone to vent to, I just need to let things out," with that tears started to fill my eyes again and I silently cried into my hands. I felt a hand on my back.
    "I'm sorry. Really if it's too much trouble I could leave, I know things like this can be hard."
    "No you're fine," I sat up, "why are you here?" The man laughed.
    "My friend and I were falsely accused of murder." He said casually.
    "Well what's funny about that?" He continued to tell me the story from going to the grocery store to his cousin being a lawyer then to now. It actually was quite hilarious and he had a way with words and story telling. I found myself relaxed now and not as in such a glum mood as before.
    "Wow that was funny!" I wiped a happy tear from my face, "sounds like quite the adventure out of one road trip!"
    "It really was, I'm so happy it's over. And I'm happy I managed to make you feel better!" He smiled. I smiled back.
    "Yeah, thank you. I could really use some happy news for once, it's been kind of rough with all this going on."
    "I understand completely. Here," the man reached in his pocket and pulled out a folded tissue. "It's clean I promise!" He laughed. He unfolded the tissue and put a hand on my face and started to wipe the makeup off my cheeks.
    He was really close to me now, he smelled fresh and clean and his hand was warm against my face. He had some facial hair growing on his face and his gelled hair was now coming down below his eyebrows. I couldn't help but look down at his lips, they were so nice and turned into a beautiful smile when laughing.

Billy's POV

    As I cleaned the young woman's face I really admired her beauty. She had soft skin that was nice to hold and gorgeous hair and eyes. She really glowed when she smiled and it hurt to see such a beautiful, sweet woman go through such pain.
    I took the tissue off her face and admired her clean-ness. She was gorgeous.
    "Want me to walk you out?" I asked. She shot a smile at me, it was like a cupid bow to the heart.
    "Sure!" She grabbed a purse from beside her and I grabbed her hand to help her off the bench. We walked through the building to the front door to see the rest of my friends and family outside on the steps visiting.
     "Guess this is where we part," I said.
    "Yeah I guess so," she turned to look at me, her face was solemn again now.
     "What's your name?" I asked finally.
     "Y/n," she replied. Y/n, how nice.
     "My name's William, but most call me Billy," I reached out to shake her hand.
     "It was nice meeting you Billy. Thank you for cheering me up, I really needed it!" She smiled.
    "No problem."
    "Billy!" I looked over to Stan looking at me from below the steps. "Get over here the judge would like to speak to you and Vinny!" I looked back at y/n.
    "Good bye," I said.
    "Good bye."