Chris

I was sitting alone as I looked at the other part goers. Well, I wouldn't say it was much of a party, mostly just a gathering of old, rich, writers. I seemed to have been the only young person there as a book of mine had actually gotten quite popular with the indie crowd. I sighed as I thought of the next few hours that were to come of just sitting on the couch alone.
    "Wine?" A man in a suit asked. I waved him away.
    "No thank you," I kept looking around at all the people. A slow, pop tune playing in the back ground and pastel colored lights aluminating the ceilings along with old paintings hung on the wall. I stood up from the couch and roamed about the classy mansion. All there was to be seen was young, gold-digger women lusting on the older men and occasional howls of laughter from a group of more rich men. Another exasperated sigh escaped my lips and I decided to make my way upstairs for a change of scenery.
     I nodded to a man about my age as I went up the stairs, I hadn't seen him at all tonight and I wondered where he could've been the past 3 hours when I was stuck in my own head. He went down quickly as if he was quick to leave, with his jaw length, red hair flowing behind him.
    I averted my attention back to my destination and finally made it to the second floor. I took the time to go into a few rooms and admire the books and statues the party holder had. I couldn't believe I was in such a nice place. Suddenly my head shot up as a heard a sniff. I poked my head through the door and didn't see anyone else upstairs. I then left the room altogether and went to the next one to see another young man crying on a chair. I slowly made my way in.
     "Hello?" I asked. His head shot up and his hands darted to his face as he wiped it dry.
    "Hello," he sniffed.
   "Are you okay?" I asked, inching closer to him.
    "Yeah, yeah. Don't worry about it," he kept his gaze to the carpeted floor and I finally made the move to sit next to him.
   "Well," I smiled, "it's a nice night and we're at a pretty nice place! Why don't you go out and have some fun!" He didn't look at me as I said this and just sighed.
   "Not much of a party. I'm not in the mood anymore." I gave him a solemn look and put my hand on his in comfort.
    "Maybe you'd feel better if we get out of this stuffy room. I saw there was a balcony wanna go see the view?" I asked. This time he finally looked at me, I noticed a slight smile as he did.
   "Sure." We stood from our seats and exited the room to the white balcony at the end of the hall. I rest my arms on the railing and looked up at the breezy, dark sky. It was twinkling with stars and the faint noise from the city could be heard below us.
    "I feel better already," the man said as he stretched and inhaled the fresh air.
   "I knew you would. So what's your name?"
   "Chris. You?"
  "Y/n."
   "Nice to meet you, y/n," he smiled, "I think that's a very nice name!"
   "Thank you!" I smiled back.
   "So this party is a pretty big deal," Chris started, "how'd you get here?"
   "I wrote a book and it got really popular with different groups of people so next thing I knew I had an invite," I let out a light chuckle.
   "Oh I see," Chris laughed back. He walked over next to me and leaned his back against the rail.
   "How'd you get here?" I asked. I saw his face fall a bit as I said this.
   "I'm mostly here for a friend. He wrote a play and is trying to get it produced. It's going well so far but..." he trailed off.
   "But what?"
   "Nothing. It's not really to do with the play. Just personal shit I guess."
   "Maybe I could help you if you feel alone." There was a pause and he finally let out a sigh.
   "I feel like I might've ruined our friendship because of... certain things."
   "We'll surely if he's an understanding guy and a close friend he'll forgive whatever you did. I've definitely been in situations like that but whether I stayed friends with the person or not I was okay in the end," I put a hand on his shoulder and he gave me a soft grin.
   "Thanks. That really helped," he said.
   "No problem." A minute went by quietly as we looked up at the sky and listened to the soft music play inside the mansion. Finally Chris spoke.
   "This party's getting kind of lame, wanna ditch and maybe get coffee?" I gave him a mischievous look.
   "I'd love to!" He grabbed my hand and we excitedly left the large house and disappeared into the bright streets of New York.
——————————-
A/N
Not the best but just wanted to update :)