Daniel LaRusso Pt. 1

The bell had rung and I hurriedly shoved my books and paper into my bag. Geometry was my last class of the day and, unfortunately, I was failing. Mrs. Jones did anything in her power to keep me after school and try and get me to learn but I simply could not take in any information whatsoever. I really wish I could get my grade up, if I didn't I'd fail my sophomore year, but something just wasn't clicking.
     Luckily as I squeezed by way through the excited crowd of students Mrs. Jones was distracted by boy standing at her desk. I decided to take my chance and run for it. Gripping onto my bag I attempted to fit through every crevice that wasn't occupied by an impatient kid.
    "Excuse me!" I said almost every five seconds. Naturally, though, I was shoved to the back of the crowd and huffed out a frustrated sigh. How big could this school possibly get?
   "Y/n!" I heard an old, croaky voice call. My eyes widened and I pretended not to hear. I started to whistle to myself and casually covered my face with the side of my binder as if looking at its contents. Then I heard a throat clear behind me. "Y/n," the voice said again, only this time firm and more demanding. I sighed and closed my binder. Putting on a fake smile I turned to see Mrs. Jones standing behind me with crossed arms and a mischievous look on her face.
   "Don't think you can hide much longer, I'm determined to help you pass this class." My arms dropped to my sides in a whiny-ish manner.
   "But Mrs. Jones you don't understand! Geometry just isn't for me, none of your methods have worked! I don't know what you suddenly expect to click in my brain. I'd say just pass me onto the eleventh grade." She raised her eyebrows at me.
    "Well it's either you let me help you or you can join me again next year! Your pick," she gave me a sarcastic smile. God.
    "Well Mrs. Jones," I hopped onto her desk and started to mess with the pencils that were held in a blue jar. "I think it'd just be terrible if you had to deal with such an incompetent student such as I, and it'd be even worse to see such a darling student fail a class!" Suddenly she slammed her hand on her desk, I flinched and jumped off.
    "That's enough y/n, you're wasting everyone's time with your stories. I know how it can be hard to learn certain things and I didn't want to have to go this far considering you seem to enjoy your free time but-" she walked around her desk and back to the boy that she was talking to before. As she did this I noticed that the classroom had conveniently emptied itself out and now we were the only students left. Mrs. Jones continued her sentence,
    "You know Daniel right? He's going to tutor you." Suddenly my heart dropped and I felt as if I could faint. A tutor? And not only that a boy? No way. No freaking way. If he were to see how stupid I was he'd definitely talk about my idiocy to his friends and I'd become the laughing stock of the school because of how pathetic I am.
   "Um Mrs. Jones I don't-"
   "Great! You two will study together every Tuesday and Thursday. Starting today!" She gave me another smile and walked back to her desk. She retrieved a small purse and a pair of keys. "My room will stay unlocked after school during these times and there's an extra key under the pencil jar to lock back up. Bye!" With that she exited the room and it was just me and Daniel.
    "So," he said.
   "Soooo," I said back.
   "How about we get started? Sit down," he sat at one of the desks and opened his own binder to a thick stack of papers covered in mysterious numbers and symbols. I sat next to him and examined the work, I was completely bamboozled.
   "What's all this supposed to be?" I asked. Daniel chuckled.
   "Y/n we learned all this in the beginning of the year."
   "Oh," I looked away from him and looked down at my hands. God I felt like such an idiot, I didn't want him to think I was stupid.
   "It's okay if you don't know anything, it can be kind of easy once you get the hang of it."
   "Sure, real easy." Daniel gave me a solemn look and turned the papers to a blank page.
   "Get out your binder and a pencil, we have a long way to go." I did as told and we started our first lesson.

   "And so what do you do next?" Daniel asked, he yawned and leaned against his desk.
   "Um," we had been studying for the past hour and we were both fried. He was trying his best to hide his exhaustion and slight frustration, he's been very nice throughout the lesson though. I didn't feel judged at all, quite comfortable actually. "Do s=r x t?" I replied unsurely.
   "Correct!" He said. "I think that's enough for today. It was little but every bit of progress counts. I think you underestimate yourself too much." I sighed at his remark.
   "Maybe, I just don't like math. Writing is more my strong suit, I like to create things."
   "I don't really like math either but I just happen to be good at it. I'm more into karate and such."
   "Karate? Like Cobra Kai Karate?" I gave him a funny look. I never really thought of Daniel as the type to be with a group as violent and mischievous as Johnny's. He turned his head quickly and with wide eyes.
   "No, no, no," he said, "I have a personal sensei I guess you could say. Cobra Kai Karate is nothing like the real thing, at least not morally."
   "Can you teach me some?" I asked. He gave me another funny look. I shrugged, "not like we have anything better to do."
   "Sure, I can try," we both stood from our desks and faced each other in the middle of the room. "This is kind of hard without examples but if I can teach you even a smidge of math I guess I can do anything!" I laughed at his comment.
   "Okay wise one show me what you got!" I shot my fists up in front of me as if to start fighting him.
   "No, no, no," he said again, "that's not how we start. Open your palms." I did as told. Afterwards he grabbed my wrists and started moving each hand in a clockwise motion. "Wax on, wax off. Wax on, right, wax off, left. Got it?" I gave him a confused look.
   "What is there to get?"
   "This!" Suddenly he lashed out a fist and I quickly blocked it away with my right hand. He smiled and bowed. "Good job! Exactly like that." I was still confused at what I did but I followed his bowing position. He tapped my head with his hand.
  "When bowing always keep your eyes on the other person okay?" I looked up at him in response. I laughed awkwardly as I had never been this close to his face before. I never realized how big his eyes were, and how sweet his smile was. I quickly shut my eyes and shook my head.
   "What's wrong?"
   "Nothing, nothing. What else you got?" Then Daniel got down on the floor on his knees. Okay now I was super confused, but I followed suit.
   "Give me your hands again," I did just that and he grabbed at my wrists again. I never realized how strong his grip was, he also had nice han- no. No, no, nope. "Y/n?" I heard him ask. I got out of my trance and smiled at him nervously.
   "Anyways," he began. "Sand the floor," he moved my hands in the same circular motion but counter clockwise. He did it a few more times, doing deep breaths and all. I couldn't focus on the floor or my hands, I could only look at him. Has he always been this cute? I love his thick hair. He has a really nice complexion. Not really digging the plaid and camo though. Suddenly my thoughts caused a laugh to escape my mouth and Daniel paused.
   "What's so funny?" He chuckled. I looked him in the eyes. He was so handsome.
   "Um... nothing. It's getting late though, I think we better go," Daniel agreed and we stood up from the floor. We packed up our belongings in silence then finally faced each other. "See you Thursday," I said then bowed with my eyes on him. He nodded and did the same. We held our bow for a moment, our eyes locked on each other. He smiled again.
    Grabbing the key from beneath the pencil jar we walked out of the classroom and went our separate ways home.
———————
A/N
Ok this one isn't super lovey dovey but I haven't updated this book in a while and we all love a good "getting tutored by your crush" scenario. Hope you liked it! also thank you for 2k reads! I love y'all!!! xx