Eddie Pilikian

Requested by: tqrch- 
"Y/L/N are you even paying attention?" My head shot up as I heard the teacher yell at me. I stared at the chalk board, which seemed covered in a bunch of mumbo jumbo, then looked around at the class. All over the place there were judgmental eyes just stabbing daggers into my soul. Some even had a smirk on their face. I directed my attention back to Mr. Gower.
     "Um," I stuttered. I looked at the board to try and find a clue of an answer. What's going on? What do I say? Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted.
    "Diane, what do you think?" Gower asked. I looked over at the classmate next to me. Innocent little Diane, what a teachers pet. She gave a wide grin and answered the question with ease. Jokingly, the class applauded her and she shot me a sly smirk. I rolled my eyes.
    "Mr. Gower that's not fair!" I shot up from my seat. "I never got to answer!"
    "Sit down y/n, how can I expect you to be a good student when you won't even look at me when I'm teaching. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw you on the street!" I gulped at his statement. I'm not the best student, I have a hard time paying attention and doing work, but acknowledging the fact that I'm a failure to most is not gonna help. I felt my cheeks get hot as heads turned my way. I slammed my hands on my desk and ran out of the classroom.
I noisily ran through the hallway, wiping tears off my cheeks and looked for a place to escape. I eventually found an exit and just said fuck it, I'm leaving. I slammed the door open and ran outside to the parking lot. I found myself collapsed onto the ground behind a tree to let out my feelings. I've had enough of all of this. I buried my head in my knees.
"Hey," a voice whispered. I looked up and around the lot, I didn't see anyone and decided it was all my imagination. I went back into my moment of self pity.
"Hey!" It called out again, "over here!" I looked up towards the direction of the sound. A boy was sitting behind a car, peering at me, he smiled when I found him and motioned me to him with his hand. I looked at him a second longer and hesitantly made my way to him. I sat next to him, he was smoking a cigarette and was wearing a long trench coat and a fedora.
"Um, who are you?" I asked, looking at the other drugs he had laid out on the ground.
"My name's Eddie Pilikian. So, did you get caught too?" He asked immediately.
"Caught doing what?"
"Doing drugs, punch a kid, having s-"
"No! I'm not like that thank you very much," I crossed my arms and rest against the side of the car. "I just got called an idiot by not paying attention in class." Eddie laughed.
"That's it?"
"Yeah actually. There's more to it than you think. I know it's stupid, but this school is shit. I think I might drop out." Eddie stopped and looked at me.
"I understand how you feel. I can't be caught dead in that classroom. Surprised I'm not gone yet either. Just need away from my folks." I looked at him and his face showed signs of somber-ness.
"I'm sorry." Eddie pulled a cigarette from a box and handed it to me.
"Want one?" He asked. I slowly took the stick from between his fingers.
"I don't know how-"
"Just suck in a little bit," he pulled a lighter from his coat pocket and lit it. I brought the stick to my mouth a burst of heaving coughs escaped my lips accompanied by puffs of smoke. Eddie started to cackle.
"Stop that!" I coughed. I started to smile a bit too as a tapped my chest with my hand.
"Hey, there's that smile!" Eddie said suddenly.
"Thanks, but I shouldn't," I handed him the cigarette and he took it in his mouth, throwing the other one away.
"It's alright. You know you seem pretty cool. I bet you are smart."
"I don't know."
"C'mon don't let the idiots here let you think you're stupid. I mean you're smarter than them I bet."
"That's not saying much." Eddie chuckled.
"You're funny too!" We smiled at each other for a second. "You know I've seen you before, around school and such."
"You have?"
"Yeah! Seen you with you're friends, laughing and running around."
"I'm sorry but I've never seen you."
"Yeah I try to stay in the shadows, always have a teacher on my ass. Are you single?" He asked quickly and suddenly.
"Uh," I muttered, slightly taken aback by his question, "yeah, I am." He gave a sly grin.
"Great! So you wouldn't mind hanging out sometime!" My eyes got wide and he smiled again. I have never seen this boy till now and he's already asking me out! I have to admit though, he was cute. He was adorable even in his attempted "bad boy" image. I could tell there was something in him, he did make me feel better after all. I smiled back.
"Sure, why not!" I said.
"Ok, so you wanna do it now?"
"Like skip school?" I asked. He smirked and nodded. I looked back at the school. All the little windows and small people seen through them. I saw Mr. Gowers class. I looked back at Eddie. "Let's do it!" Eddie got up and grabbed my hand. Off we went into our first day together.
————————
A/N
I feel like I could've done better but I hope you liked it anyway haha