Daniel LaRusso

Requested by Erica_LaRusso

     Ding dong the doorbell chimes.
    "Mom! Dad! Daniel's here!" I yelled out as I flew down the steps. I smoothed out my clothes as I made my way to the door with my parents close behind me.
    "Hi!" I said as I opened the door.
    "Hi," he said back, "wow you look great!"
    "So do you!" I chuckled. I noticed Daniel look up nervously at my parents. "Daniel this is my mom and dad. Mom and dad this is Daniel." I stepped back from the boy as they all shook hands and greeted each other.
    "Nice to meet you Daniel," dad said.
    "Nice to meet you too."
    "So where are we going?" I asked. Daniel gulped.
   "Oh, uh, I don't know. Wherever you want to go I guess."
    "What about Golf' N' Stuff?"
    "Alright looks like we're going to Golf' N' Stuff," he smiled.
    "Is that your mother Daniel?" My mom pointed outside to an old car with a woman peeking out the window.
    "Hi!" She waved. My parents waved back and smiled. I looked over at Daniel as he had an embarrassed look on his face.
    "Well guess we better go," I said.
    "Alright honey, don't be too late."
    "We won't. Bye!" I grabbed Daniel's hand and we went out to greet his mom at the car.
     "Hi Ms. LaRusso, I'm y/n!"
     "Hi y/n, and call me Lucille!" Daniel and I hopped into the car as his mom started the car again. Her face grimaced as a slight popping sounds came out of the engine. I looked over at Daniel again who was leaning against the window, his hand covering his face in humiliation.
     "Uh, ever drive a stick?" Lucille asked.
    "Sure!" I said with as much enthusiasm as I could.
    "Okay well when I say pop it, pop it. Got that?" I nodded and she and Daniel hopped out of the car towards the trunk of it. I felt a sudden jolt as they pushed the car forward. I giggled as I heard Lucille's funny words of encouragement.
    "Alright and... pop it!" I did as told and the car started instantly. "Alright! Nice job!" She yelled again as they scrambled back into the car.

    We finally made it to our destination and I was giddy with anticipation.
    "Oh we should try that later!" I pointed to a golf cart track and smiled at Daniel.
     "Definitely!" He replied.
     "Alright you two," the car stopped and we got out to say goodbye. "I'll pick you up at eleven, okay?"
     "Okay, Ma. Later," Daniel waved her off and we looked around at all the activities. "Man look at that slide!" He gasped.
     "We'll do that next time."
     "Why next time?"
     "Because we need bathing suits!" I giggled.
     "Right," he dragged on, "bathing suits." We ventured off into the building for the first part of our date. We started with the arcade, which Daniel completely annihilated me at air hockey.
     "Yeah!" He cheered with a victorious smirk. I laughed.
     "Alright don't get too cocky, I'll totally beat you at the race track!"
     "Game on!" We ran outside to line up at the race track. It was finally our turn and we ran to our chosen karts as the worker opened the gate. I turned to Daniel and gave a sly smile.
     "Good luck, LaRusso, you'll need it."
    "I should be saying the same thing to you!" My heart pounded faster as we waited for our cue to go. Finally the same worker nodded and we sped off. I was already ahead of Daniel and looked back at him as he strayed further behind. I laughed at his concentrated face as he tried to catch up. I put the petal to the metal and sped off.
     We raced a few more rounds, with me winning every time.
     "Man I did need the luck," Daniel panted.
     "Can't handle the competition?"
     "Of course I can! I mean, I let you win anyways." I chuckled and grabbed his hand.
     "Yeah right. Let's go play some mini golf."
     I lead him over to the first course with our clubs and golf balls.
     "Ladies first," Daniel said. I nodded.
     "Thank you sir," I set the ball down on the starting patch and positioned the club in front of it. With a gentle whack I watched as it went into the hole with ease.
    "Wow, impressive."
    "Think you can beat me?"
    "Totally," he set his ball on the ground and mimicked my same motions with the club, though his didn't go in at first. "Dang," he mumbled.
    "Here," I retrieved the ball and set it back down. I got back behind Daniel and put my hands over his to position them on the handle of the club. I walked a bit closer to where I was pressing against his back.
    "You have to be gentle with it, like this," I swung it back a bit and hit the ball back into the hole a second time.
    "You are really good," Daniel said.
    "I'm decent, lots of practice I guess," I smiled at him and noticed the slight redness on his grinning face.
     We continued our night again with jumping on the trampolines together and playing video games. Daniel was actually pretty good at those of course. Later he offered me a soda and we sat down at a bench to rest and catch up.
     "Sorry I couldn't drive us here on my own," he said, fidgeting with the straw in his cup.
    "It's alright," I put my arm around him, "I like you're mom. She sounds lovely."
    "Yeah, it's a good thing I'll be getting my license soon though." He smiled. I looked around at the rest of the park and noticed a photo booth.
    "Want to go take some pictures?" I asked. He looked over at the same booth and smiled again.
    "Sure!" We hopped up off the seat and walked over to the booth where I inserted a dollar and we squeezed ourself inside the small room. As we waited for the camera to click I felt a warm hand slip in between mine. I looked down to see Daniel intertwine his fingers with mine, I did my best to hold in my giddiness and looked back up at the screen to take the picture.
It was done quickly and the pictures slipped out of the small slot. I picked it up and admired them.
"Aw man I messed up the first one!" He cried. I giggled as I saw his excited face in the picture from our hand holding.
"I think it's cute," I looked at the other photos, which were just of us smiling. He looked so cute in all of them.
    I noticed my watch said 10:55 and turned to Daniel. Before I could say anything though I noticed a soft look in his eyes as he looked at me.
"We better go," I said, "you're mom should be here soon." With our hands still clasped together we walked back over to the front of the park. We stopped and looked for the small car when a large Porsche pulled up in front of us.
"Hey how's it going?" The man in it said to me. I smiled and walked over to him.
"Hi! Nice car!" The boys eyes shot over at Daniel, who had a sad look on his face as he examined the shiny, red car.
"Eddie this is my friend Daniel. Daniel this is Eddie."
"Nice to meet you Daniel!" Eddie said. "Hey y/n want to come for a ride?"
"Um, no thanks. Maybe another time-" I paused as another car pulled up as Eddie drove away. It was Johnny and the other Cobra's. This time I really felt bad for Daniel considering their strong tension.
"Hey y/n we're gonna go to the hills want to come?" A girl in the backseat asked.
"No thank-"
"Aw come on!" Johnny interrupted, "we'll make room for your little friend here as long as it's okay with his mommy!" This caused an uproar of laughter between the other Cobra's as Lucille pulled up behind us.
"Hi kids!" She cheered.
"Hey Daniel's mom can Daniel come to the Hills with us?"
"Yeah!"
"Nice car Ms. LaRusso!" Their voices faded as they zoomed out of the parking lot. I looked back at Daniel who seemed infuriated and upset.
"You could've gone," he mumbled as he stormed over to the passenger side.
"Well I didn't want to okay. If I wanted to go I would've."
"Do whatever you want. I don't care," we got in the car and awkwardly drove back to my house.

"I had a really nice time tonight Daniel," I said.
"Wish it could've been better." He mumbled.
"Don't be so hard on yourself. I had an amazing time, don't worry what Johnny thinks. They don't know you like I do." We stopped at the front door and looked at each other.
"Alright. See you at school then?"
"Of course," before I opened the door I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Bye," I smiled and went inside.
—————————-
A/N
If it says I published this a second time it's because I forgot to proof read and fixed some mistakes :)