Daniel LaRusso

"Hey!" I yelled, "get back here! LaRusso!" Smiling I chased after him. I was walking home with my friend, Daniel, obviously, to do some homework together. We live in the same apartment complex (he lives in 20 I live in 12) but we might as well just consider ourselves living together. Ever since he moved in we've had a close bond and have been glued to the hip.
I continued to chase after him though it didn't do much good as he rode a bike while I had nothing. Well I used to, till it got stolen. Luckily we take turns riding Daniel's bike home and today was a bad day to not have it as he had taken my notebook. Why did he take it you ask? He had caught me doodling a name in it during class and all day he has been teasing me about it.
"Daniel LaRusso if you don't get back here I'll roundhouse kick you to the moon!"
"Love to see you try!"
"If you love it so much why don't you come and see!" I smirked.
"I would but the thing is one of us knows karate and the other doesn't, and I'd hate to use my self defense mechanisms on a friend!" He laughed.
"Alright hot stuff you asked for it!" I picked up the speed and snatched my notebook from his hand. This caught him off guard and he lost his balance, finally finding his place on the ground. I knelt down to face him. "Wanna try that again karate kid?"
"I think I'll refrain thank you very much."
"Thought so," I stood up and held out a hand to help him up. Once he dusted off the dirt from his jeans we both continued on our way home.

"Hey kids!" Mrs. LuRusso yelled from the kitchen.
"Hi Mrs. LuRusso," I said smiling.
"Coming over for more homework?" She asked, cutting up a slice of watermelon.
"Yes ma'am."
"Well good! We have all this fruit and we'd like it if you helped us finish it!" She handed us a bowl full of sliced fruit such as pineapple, watermelon, apple, grapes, etc.
"Yum! Thank you!"
"Hey ma we better get going now, we have a lot to do," Daniel interrupted.
"Oh alright, have fun!" With the bowl of fruit still in hand we made our way to Daniel's room.
"This fruit is delicious Danny, you should have some!" I popped a grape into my mouth.
"No thanks y/n," he set his bag down on his bed, "I just want this work over with."
"Are you okay?" I asked. I set the bowl down on his nightstand and sat next to him.
"Yeah, just a long day," he yawned.
"Well we can start and I'll be out of your hair ASAP," I pulled my binder out of my bag and opened it along with my notebook. We started with geometry which only made us get drowsy-er by the second. We finished it though and went on to science.
An hour went by and we had finally finished all our work. We threw all our stuff off the bed and laid down. We were exhausted, not even the fruit could keep us awake, it was empty by now.
I turned over to face Daniel and closed my eyes, I had slept here before so I knew it wouldn't be a problem if I fell asleep. Suddenly I felt a paper ball hit my face, my eyes shot open and I saw Daniel standing over me with another one in hand.
"I never said this whole notebook war was over," he said.
"Oh yeah well you got another thing comin'!" I grabbed a pillow and hit him on the side with it. He grabbed a second one that had fallen on the ground and pounced on me and continued to hit me. Cackling I tried to guard my face with my arms. He eventually buried my face with the pillow and hopped off the bed towards my bag. "No!" I squealed. I saw his fingers flip through the pages trying to find where I had drawn the name. Luckily I was smart enough to put it in the last page and fold it back.
I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and attempted to push him down but it didn't do much.
"C'mon Daniel stop it!" I cried. He was getting closer to the page and I started to panic. I didn't want him to know.
"In your dreams!" He laughed.
"I mean it!" I snatched the book from his hands and held it against my chest. Panting he stopped and looked at me.
"Sorry y/n, I didn't think you'd react that way. I was only joking really."
"It's fine. I'm just tired. I should probably head home."
"You sure you don't want to stay longer? We're having pizza tonight!" I sighed as he knew that pizza was my favorite and would get me to stay.
"Fine, I'm sure my mom won't mind."
"Great!"
"I could use a nap though," I plopped down on the bed and closed my eyes.
"Same here," he laid next to me and we went silent for a bit. Finally I heard him whisper, "sure you won't tell me?"
"Positive."
"I bet I know who it is!" My eyes shot open.
"Oh yeah hot stuff? Who?"
"That Alex guy!" He laughed as a gagged.
"Hell no! He's just a friend!" I grabbed a random item off the floor and threw it at him, it slid off the bed and onto the floor again.
"I know, I know," he sighed. I turned the opposite direction of him and closed my eyes again, determined to actually sleep until dinner.

I woke up around an hour and a half later. I rubbed my eyes and turned to see if Daniel was awake or not. Actually he wasn't in bed at all, he was sitting at his desk lightly tossing a soccer ball in the air. He noticed me awake and smiled.
"Morning sleepy head! Or should I say evening?"
"How long have you been up?"
"Actually I didn't sleep at all."
"Then what'd you do while I was asleep?"
"Did some chores and put away some things."
"Ah. Do you think the pizza is almost here?"
"Should be!" I stood up from the bed and rubbed my eyes again. After that I noticed Daniel looking at me.
"What?" I asked, giving him a look. He grinned at me. "Daniel what is it, you're freaking me out!" He just giggled and spun around in his chair. I gave another confused, yet slightly scared look. Suddenly I gasped as I saw a blue notebook laying open on his desk. On it was a scribbled name reading "Daniel."
"You peaked!" I screeched. I shot up from the bed and grabbed at my book.
"I'm sorry y/n but I really didn't I can explain!"
"Explain how you broke my trust!" I could almost cry.
"No, after we were play fighting or whatever you threw the notebook at me without realizing it. It just happened to flip open to that page when it landed on the floor and I picked it up." I felt my face burn into a bright red and I slowly sat back down on the bed.
"God this is so embarrassing," I put my face in my hands. Daniel put a hand on my back and rubbed it comfortingly.
"It's okay y/n," he said gently, "how long have you felt this way?"
"Maybe a few months? I don't know. The feeling just came to me," I mumbled. I felt the bed move as Daniel sat next to me.
"Well I've liked you longer." I looked up from the floor.
"Wait what?" Just then I felt his face against mine and my eyes widened as I realized what he said and that he was kissing me. I finally relaxed and wrapped my arms around him, he did the same to me.
In the heat of the moment we didn't hear the footsteps drawing nearer to the door and we jumped away from each other as Mrs. LaRusso opened the door. She paused and looked at the two of us. We avoided eye contact with each other and I nervously fidgeted with my hands.
"Pizza's here!" Mrs. LaRusso said as if the awkward silence never happened. She left the room and we sighed in relief.
"Hungry?" Daniel asked. I smiled.
"You bet I am."
———————————
A/N
Remember that requests are always open :) xx