I was not taught to sleep on command

(Friday Evening )

(Friday Evening )

"Tyson!" I yelled as my brother attacked me with a great deal of affection. I hugged the 6-year-old back tightly.

"So nice to see you brother!" he screamed, jumping up and down. I laughed, "you too Ty"

Tyson began telling me about his day, how excited he was about me staying with them, and something about a human pony show he was watching. I nodded along, carefully paying attention to the story of his the human pony defeated the evil jam king and became the ruler of the peanut butter land.

But sadly, while I was being told about the princess pencil sharpener, we were interrupted by a man clearing his throat.

I turned around to face my dad. Poseidon. People always said we looked alike, but I never saw the resemblance. Sure we both had the same eye color, but he had a huge white beard, one which I didn't have and wouldn't ever have.

From behind him emerged my stepmother, Amphitrite. She gave me a polite hello and a smile. I copied her action.
Amphitrite was good. We had a decent relationship and she sometimes brought me cookies and such.

Dad looked at me up and down. "You've grown, son," he remarked.

"So have you, dad"

He chuckled and ordered the butler to take my bags to my room. He indicated to follow him. After waving to my brother and stepmom, I followed him to his office.

He sat me down on the chair adjacent to his. I let my eyes roam around the office. It was huge, with blue walls and wooden furniture.
Dad snapped his fingers, regaining my attention.

"I'm sure your mother told you I called you here for a reason," he asked.

I nodded.

"And I'm sure she didn't tell you the reason"

I nodded again.

"Well you see Percy, I'd like you to join my meeting next week. It's important"

"Okay," I agreed. I honestly didn't pay much attention to what he said, I was more focused on the weird cow serpent statue in the corner of the room. What was that thing? It looked like a Bessie.

"Also, Perseus" he snapped his fingers in front of my face again, regaining my attention.
"That's an Ophiotaurus," he said, indicating the statue.

"Oh! And before I forget" Dad got up from his chair, and returned with two boxes, "gifts for your 18th birthday" he smiled.

I thanked him. I opened them there, cause I'm impatient and the first one was a beautiful silver pen and a note, "thank you for the pen" I said. It had the words Riptide engraved on it for some reason.

I tore open the note. and looked at my father in disbelief. He chuckled.
"Dad! No, I can't accept this" I said. He had given me a cheque for a million dollars.