Hospital conversations are absolute HELLen

Even though traffic managed to slow us down by atleast an hour, Percy and I still managed to arrive at the hospital as quickly as possible

And might I add how patient he was with me through out the ride? He calmed me down when I panicked too much. As excited as I was to see my brother's, re meeting Helen when our relationship was so fragile? Made me a little nervous.

"Bobby! How are you? What happened?" I ran towards my brother, who was lying down on a hospital bed with a lollipop in his mouth. Apart from that cast on his leg, and a couple bandaids here and there, he seemed fine.

A little drowsy, but fine.

It was a small hospital. And so, the rooms were quite small as well, with a sofa and hospital  bed just stuffed into it.
On the sofa, Helen sat with an asleep Matt on her lap.

"Anniebwt!" he grinned, revealing his now green teeth. With his lollipop on one hand, he waved me over for a hug and I couldn't deny that.

"Did you get my legos? I broke my toes," he said with a childish psychotic grin,

"No," I smiled,equal parts proud of his resilience and slightly perturbed by it, "I'll get them soon okay?What happened? How are your toes?"

"Bobby thought it would be smart to jump from a flight of stairs. Turns out it was not," Helen said by was of greeting.

Matt stired at the sound of her voice. His eyes squinting until they fell on me. They shot open, and he practically jumped into my arms.

"Happy Christmas! Did you get my legos?" he asked, doing a little dance, "I missed you a lot Annabethy."

I almost fell with the weight of Matthew on me. They definitely grew since I last saw them, put on some weight too.

"Umm...I'll get you your legos soon?" I lied, completely having forgotten about that promise I made them, "And I missed you too."

"Who's zat?" He asked, pointing at Percy.

"Oh! This, my friend," I pulled Percy  closer to me, "Percy."

"Friend?" he asked, giving me his baby seal eyes. Oh no no. Not with Helen watching every move.

"Best friend?" I added, in order to heal his wounded ego. He rolled his eyes.

"Only cause your brother is hurt," he whispered in my ear, discreetly kissing my hair before he proceeded to make Bobby's acquaintance.

"Annabeth," Helen called me, gesturing me to step outside with her. I glanced back at Percy, who was making Bobby laugh and Matthew who was alseep on the couch, snoring soundly again.

"What?" I asked her as we stepped out into the corridor.

A hospital was one of the worst places to have a conversation, especially the corridors. People behind wheeled in and out, crying and the chatter did not help me stay calm.