Best of luck

I was angry, I was wet and I was kissing Percy as the skies thundered above us

On one hand, I was ecstatic. He loved me. I've been in love with you since forever, wise girl. You're the only one for me.

But...

I pulled away from his lips, stepping back, "No," I whispered, shaking my head, "we can't do this."

He was engaged

I belived him when he said he didn't love her. I'm good at reading body language, and when I saw them together in the balcony, I could tell they were just friends. No romantic feelings toward each other, from both sides.

Though that still doesn't change the fact that they were engaged. Engaged to be married.
Or the fact that he lied to me....

"What?" he asked, eyebrows scrunching together as he reached for my face with his palm.

"We can't do this," I stepped away from him, cheeks still flushed. No, I refused to be a second choice, love or no.

"You're engaged. And I don't want to be a second choice, always guessing my place in your life. I don't want to wonder if this whole thing between us," I gestured at the space that separated us, "Is just an escape for you. I love you, Percy. But I can't do this.And besides,"

I took a deep breath, trying to stop the crack in my voice, "you lied to me."

"But-"

I held up a hand. I was not done. "You had many chances to tell me,however you chose not to. I don't want to be the type of person who forces things out of you, but this is something I deserved to know, isn't it?"

He nodded, "I'm sorry," he whispered. The rain poured in a quiet trickle.

"I know."

"Can we still be friends? Just friends, no funny business," he whispered, eyes boring into mine.

I nodded, "just friends, nothing more. Unless you and Rachel find a way out." I explained

I heard Thalia's voice call my name. Annie?!!! Where are you!?????

"I wish you luck, Percy. I really do," I turned on my heel to follow the voice, facing away from his as the tears threatened to fall once more.

"I promise I'll win you back," was the last thing I heard from him before I left. Leaving a part of my heart in a puddle on the street, next to his feet.

————————————————————————

Tiny chapter, yes
Idk what else to say 😭
Stay tuned!!
— S