A chill night

Annabeth POV

It was the best weekend I've had in my life. Each moment was a dream, even the short while we spent in Miami had been amazing.

Seeing Estelle and Sally again, meeting Paul too..that was certainly the highlight.

Touring the city with Percy was a blast. And the kisses....well....let's just say I'll never forget them. Ever.

Even as Percy snored, head on my shoulder in the car ride back to Long Island. And though we were in the backseat of a cab, going back to Long Island, I still adored the moment.

I turned to him, making a silent wish. I hope I never loose him....and hope this thing between us never ends. Friendship or...something else.

Because...I don't think I'll be able to look at Manhattan without seeing his face or not be mystified by how the city screams his name.

There was just something about the boy. Something so magnetic that I couldn't help want to be around him. And I couldn't help....fall in...well nevermind that.

When we were younger, I would promise him every summer that I would come visit Manhattan one day. But that day never came because after Mom died seven years ago, dad made some....questionable investments and....you know the rest.

"ANNIE LISTEN!" Thalia snapped her fingers in front of my face, stopping my trip down memory lane.

"She had that dopey smile again," Luke whooped, stretching how hand out to Thalia who grudgingly slapped a 5 dollar bill in it.

"Dam it Annie! Stop thinking about Percy!" she rolled her eyes.

"No I'm not!" I felt the lie on my tongue as I protested.

Shit

I was supposed to be helping Thalia plan her nuptials. I mean I did! But I just zoned out for oneeee second while she was talking about croissants or something.

She ignored me, diverting my attention back to the planner on the table.

"Like I was saying, the venue is booked. The guest list done. We need to get a dress for me because Luke insisted on white," she paused to glare at him from across the table.

He was busy accounting. He looked up, a lazy grin, "Sorry babe, but you can wear your black dress for the reception," he winked. And returned to his work.

Luke declared he was fine with any wedding, as long as Thalia was the bride. And decided he wanted to be surprised by the event.

"That about wraps it up. And since we're going dress shopping this evening," I paused as Thalia fake gagged, earning an amused look from Luke, " we're almost done."

"Oh and Chiron confirmed," she reminded me. She'd asked Chiron if he wanted to walk her down the aisle. She and her father Zeus didn't see....eye to eye. And though he was invited to the wedding, she wanted Chiron to walk her down the aisle.

That was an emotional phone call. For the both of us. And Chiron too.

"Perfect" I nodded, scribbling that down in my book. As the maid of honour, I was determined to help Thalia in any way I could.

"Now," she said sweetly, shoving all the items aside and cupping her cheeks, "who are you bringing as your dateeee," she wiggled her eyebrows.

Even Luke stoped working, giving me coy look.

"I don't know," i replied

"Lies!" Thalia declared, "You and Percy are dating! Come on!"

My face heated, "no we're not!" I protested. But I wouldn't say no If he asked.