This was going to be fun

(Monday afternoon)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ...

(Monday afternoon)

I counted down the minutes until I could meet Annabeth again. Something about her has always just...felt so right.
She was someone I could always count on. Someone who understood me. Someone who stood by me through my toughest times.
She was my best friend.
And even though we hadn't seen each other in years, when I saw her this morning, everything just clicked together. I wanted to tell her everything that's been going on in my life.

When we finally left school. And told the group I had to go pick up Tyson. Once I did, after he insisted he bring his friend Ella because they had a play date, I drove straight to the Bookstore.

"Hey guys" I greeted, holding a child with each hand. Tyson and Ella grinned and waved. The gang waved back.

"Hey Ella" Jason smiled, pinching the little girl's cheeks. Turns out they lived in the same neighborhood.

"Percy" Annabeth called out, holding a stack of books with both her hands.

"Anniebeth?" Tyson's grin turned wider and he ran over towards her before I could stop him. He tackled her in a hug, sending her flying backwards with a huge pile of books landing on top of them.
Annabeth however, with her quick reflexes, covered Tyson's body with her own, taking the impact of a dozen books herself.

Crap crap crap crap

"Wise girl!" I ran over, helping her to her feet. She groaned, but got up anyway, rubbing her hand over her aching arms.

"I'm good I'm good" she mumbled. She turned back to Tyson and opened her arms, and he happily hugged her.

"I missed you Penut!" Annabeth laughed, rubbing her fist over his head. Tyson giggled.

I suppose the Jackson boys have somewhat of a talent to not let Annabeth read.

Tyson motioned Ella over. "This is Ella my bestest friend ever. She's pretty" Tyson introduced.

Ella squaked, before saying hello with a wave .

"Are you alright?" I asked the young kid.

"Ella has toilets" Tyson explained.

"It's Tourette's" Ella corrected.

"Well nice to meet you Ella" Annabeth smiled.
Annabeth always did have a beautiful smile. It reminded me of the way the clouds part to reveal the sun.

"Hey I got some customers, so I'll be right back" she said before leaving to deal with that.

"I wanna have a bookstore when I grow up" Tyson said to me as I led him to meet my friends. Ella nodded and agreed.

"That's cool Ty" I ruffled his hair. Clarisse was nice enough (surprisingly) to take care of them.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry" Annabeth said, holding another stack of books. She walked over to our table and dropped off some snacks. "Lot of work today"

" I can help" I offered. Piper smirked, and I silently swatted her shoulder.

"That's really nice of you Percy but I'm sure you have a lot of work to do"  Annabeth said.

I shrugged, "I'm sure Jason can help me with that later". Jason opened his mouth to say something, but I shot him a look that got him to snap his mouth shut.

Jason nodded, "yeah don't worry about it" me mumbled, scribbling something onto a piece of paper.

"Now come on!" I exclaimed, taking a portion of the books off of her before she could protest.

"Hmmph fine, thankyou" she smiled.

. I followed her to one of the book racks and handed her the books she requested as she expertly filed them away.

"Thanks again Percy " Annabeth huffed, standing on her tippy toes to reach the top shelf, " Chiron gave me some extra work to do, and that threw off my whole schedule. I'm running hopelessly behind"

"Chiron?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow. He was our old camp director, I didn't know he still kept in touch with Annabeth.

She nodded, pushing the book into the shelf, "yeah he's been....homeschooling me, so I....know stuff"

"Know stuff ?" I laughed, "Annabeth you basically know everything"

She smiled, " It's just that, I wish I could go to high school with you guys. I wish I could take Ap classes or eat lunch at a cafeteria instead of filing taxes"

"Annabeth I-" I opened my mouth to say something, but she shook her head.

"No pity" she said sternly

"I just wanted to tell you there was a spider over there" I pointed somewhere near her.

Annabeth let out a blood curdling scream, one that must have been reserved only for battlefields. She jumped, and launched herself off the bookshelf. She somehow ended up in my arms.

"What happened ?!" voices yelled out, footsteps following. Almost everyone ran to where we were.
And noticed my carrying Annabeth bridal style.

"Spi...spider" Annabeth squeaked, looking embarrassed. She scrambled to get off of me and I set her down gently, trying to ignore all the suggestive looks I was receiving.

"You're telling me" Leo laughed, "That the Annabeth Chase is scared of spiders"

"Hold on, why was Percy carrying you like you were about to go on your honeymoon"

"Seriously Annabeth?! A spider"

Laughing and cheering and more laughing filled the bookstore. Annabeth looked like she wanted to melt into a book.

"Come on" she whispered, grabbing my hand. The simple gesture sent a weird tingle down my arm which I ignored.

"Guys move! We gotta make cookies" she said, pushing her way through the crowd.

"And babies" one of the Stolls smirked. The bookstore burst into laughter as we practically sprinted to the kitchen.

Once we were in, Annabeth latched the door shut.

"Percy I am so sorry-" she began.

I waved her off, "so what's the first ingredient?" I asked.

She smiled, and set to work, removing ingredients and arraigning them on the counter.
She moved effortlessly, as if she knew the room like the back of her hand. Which she probably did.

But that's when I noticed the bags underneath her eyes. She seemed tired, but determined to push past it.

I sighed. I wish I could take some of the stress away.
An idea came to mind.

"You know, we never really finished the song in the morning" I grinned.

"Huh?" Annabeth asked, confused.

I smiled. This was going to be fun.