New Years Day

(31st December night)

Helen had been pestering me about the bookstore relentlessly, and I really wanted to talk to someone about it. She got a tax evaluation done to see how much it was worth and asked me a billion questions.

Luckily when Aunt Aphrodite learnt of Bobby's broken leg, she sent over one of her butlers to help so I could go to the beach party with my friends. I was really grateful to her for that, she'd done a lot for me this year.

I really missed my friends. Percy too. It had been almost a week since I've seen them and I had to time to talk to them between taking care of Bobby and University applications. Helen didn't help matters either.

I was super late.

I was supposed to have reached the beach yesterday and spent the night with them, but I couldn't get away from my family.

The cab ride there was wayyy too slow for my liking, especially given how the cab driver kept yammering about his love for yams and drove so excruciatingly slow.

My worries slightly eased when I could hear the faint sound of music, screams and what I could only assume was air horns.

The party was in full swing when I finally arrived, quickly paying for a locker to place my bag in.

Gods it was almost 12 and I still couldn't find my friends.

I called Piper, trying to understand where they were. The reception was almost nonexistent and the music was too loud for me to be able to comprehend anything she was saying.
I was left wandering around aimlessly, trying to find the Argo.

The music dimmed for a minute durning my search as the crowd immediately screamed, straining their vocal chords as I kept moving through the huge crowds.

On the huge screens, I could see the countdown begin. And hear everyone around me yell it out.

10
9
8

I had almost lost hope when I finally spotted him and everything went quiet as his eyes met mine.

Hope bloomed in my chest.
It always did.
Always with him.

7
6

"Percy!" I shouted, running towards him.
5
4
3
2
1

I jumped into Percy's arms, he braced me as his lips met mine.