Nameless

(Sorry everyone! I can't think of a chapter name. Henceforth, this chapter shall be known as Nameless. Unless one of smartypants have any ideas. If so, do tell --S)

 If so, do tell --S)

Monday

I drove back to New York at around 1 am yesterday, once I realised I had college on Monday.
I considered bunking, but mom was having none of that.
In fact, she was the one who burst through my room at midnight, reminding me of going to college.
Thanks, mom.

I stayed in a motel until a loud alarm woke me up. I pulled on the hoodie and jeans my mom packed for me and paid the receptionist for what I owned.
I did stop at a Starbucks for coffee. And for gas but that's irrelevant.

Finally, I pulled up to school around 8. I missed homeroom but eh.
Who cares?

I dashed up to English class, where I was greeted kindly by Miss Artemis.

"And why are you late?" she asked sternly, placing her hands on her hips and levelling me a glare.

"Sorry Miss, my car broke down," I lied.

She rolled her eyes, "Sit in the front Jackson, I want to keep an eye on you," she said, waving her finger at a seat in the second row.
She told Hazel to go sit in the back and I plopped down there, mouthing her a sorry.

The second interruption happened in about 10 minutes.
When the door to the class was knocked, Miss Artemis threw her hands up in frustration, "Who is it?!" she asked, opening the door.

"Hello dear," Miss Mellie greeted the frustrated teacher with a kind smile, "I just wanted to introduce our new student. Annabeth Chase."

I sat up so straight I thought my spine would break. Of course, Annabeth would be in my class. I tried to look nonchalant, ignoring my rapid heartbeat.

When she entered, the class, consisting of our old friends, whooped loudly. Everyone looked extremely happy to see her. Until the teacher sushed them.

I watched as the tension in Annabeth's shoulders melted away, replaced by a grin. One which I watched slowly fade once her grey eyes found mine.

I slumped back in my seat and watched as she talked with Miss Artememis for a while. She had recognised Annabeth from the bookstore and they had a conversation about that before she had her sit down in the seat right next to mine.

She looked straight ahead for a part of the class, scribbling down notes once or twice. I tried not to smile every time her nose scrunched up as she concentrated. After a point, she turned to face me and I immediately turned away face reddening. Crap she caught me.

She cocked her eyebrow in my direction, resting her head on her palm. "what?" she mouthed.

I shook my head, "can we talk" I mouthed back.