Bonnie and Clyde

"You're kidding right?" my mouth fell open," they can't do that

"You're kidding right?" my mouth fell open," they can't do that."

"They can. It belongs to my father until I turn 18," Annabeth sighed, "Mom didn't think this through."

She waved around her room. It was something she'd just recently showed it. 'My secret room' she called it.

And the fact that I was privy to it made my world light up. It had quickly become one of my safe zones as well and since Annabeth gave me permission to stay here whenever I wanted, I was here a lot.

Specifically after long meetings with my father, who seemed to have gotten the hint that I didn't want to marry Rachel.

It seemed to have made him paranoid though. Because he began strict curfews, and even hired a man to follow me around and make sure I didn't run away or something.

I wasn't allowed to meet my friends anymore. And I was escorted directly home after high school was done.

It was infuriating.

I did have a pretty cool stepmom who covered for me, so I might have some respite from living in a police state.

And my respite was Annabeth. And her secret oasis.

The secret room wasn't big or anything flashy. That's what made me love it.

It was purely just Annabeth, everywhere you looked. Every part of the room was like an extension of her, her hobbies and interests and her life. I absolutely loved it.

But,''I asked, moving aside our abandoned books,"Is there really nothing you can do? Contest her will or something?''

Don't you think I would've figured that out already?" she asked me, lightly flinching before her eyes met mine again.

"Another headache?" I inquired quietly, as she nodded in response.

She'd been getting these tension headaches recently. When I asked her about it, she told me that they were just related to the bookstore.

But something told me that I had a part to play in them as well.

"Percy could you get the medicine from the counter over there?" she pointed across the room. And I went to retrieve them for her.

As I poured her a glass of water, my eyes drifted to a picture on the wall. I carefully peeled it off the wall, making sure Annabeth didn't disapprove of me doing so.

"I don't remember this," I passed her the pills, taking my place next to her.