My mom was the best

( Friday afternoon)

My mind was wheezing. I wanted to talk to Annabeth, but the look on her face made it clear she didn't want to. I could tell I hurt her...I just didn't know what to do anymore.

So in a move of pure adrenaline or pure stupidly, I pushed the pedal and drove for almost three hours straight.

Okay....so there's one part of this story that I've been hiding. It's something that's always made me feel a bit insecure, but I suppose I should share it with you, so you can get to know me better.
I have ADHD.
It's not that I'm embarrassed by it exactly, but I've been relentlessly bullied and called dumb and stupid because of it on many occasions.

Mom once told me that it was probably why I get distracted easily. I wondered if that was the reason I was driving to her place for no reason.

I knew what a terrible idea this was. Mom wasn't expecting me. I hadn't told anyone I was going. They would probably think I was kidnapped or murdered and dad would be worried.
On the other hand, let him be worried. He deserves it.

I knocked on my mom's apartment door, stretching. Riding in a car for a couple of hours straight really did give you a crick in your back.

When the door was open, I threw my arms and hugged my mother.

"Mommyy," I whined, hugging her tight.

I heard a laugh. A masculine laugh.

"Hello Percy, thanks for the nice greeting. But your mother is in the kitchen," Paul grinned.

I flushed in embarrassment and stopped hugging him, "Sorry Paul. Nice to see you"

He chuckled and led me to the kitchen, "Sallyyy we have a special guest," he called out.

"Aww, you think I'm special?" I asked, already starting to feel better. The apartment itself had such positive vibes that it was impossible to be unhappy for a long period of time.

"Of course, you're my favourite stepson", he grinned.

"Who is it, Paul?" Mom called from the kitchen, she exited, wiping her hands on her apron.

"Percy!", she smiled when she saw me. She extended her arms for a hug and I gave her one. Yaay mommy.

"What are you doing here baby?" she asked, ruffling my hair.
She took a step back and held me at an arms-length, You look so skinny. You should eat more!", she complained.

"I'm eating just fine," I groaned.

"So what are you doing here? Are you going to be staying here for the weekend ?" Paul asked, putting a hand around mom's shoulder. She gave him a fond look.

I nodded, "yeah...I hope you guys don't mind"

"Of course not!'', mom scrunched her eyebrows, clearly noticing my lack of luggage, "I just made dinner. Go freshen up, ill set the table"

I did freshen up and changed into my pyjamas. I sat on the couch and Paul proudly showed me picture's of baby E's ultrasound.

Mom had made pancakes for dinner. Just to clear out the fridge and since she 'didn't want to try hard.

"So Percy" mom asked, drowning her pancakes in maple syrup, "why are you here? is everything alright?"

I swallowed a helping, "maybe..."

"do share with the group", Paul said with a kind smile.

"Is it girl issues?" mom asked, then, I practically saw her eyes light up, "IS IT ABOUT ANNABETH? HAVE YOU GUYS RUN INTO EACH OTHER? Maybe into each other's arms ?" she squealed. Paul looked taken aback.

I choked, coughing rapidly. I hoped my face didn't look as red as I felt, "Mom!"

"So yes! yes it is!", mom gleefully clapped her hands together, "You guys are perfect for each other! bring her here sometimes!"

The rest of the meal went with mom happily telling Paul exaggerated versions of all the times I spent with Annabeth as a kid. And I tried to actively choke and die.

After dinner, I decided to go to bed early, ignoring the hundreds of messages from dad about where I was. Mom entered my room then and sat down on the bed next to me.

"So...you didn't tell me what's wrong,'' she said, rubbing a hand over her stomach.

"Okay so...what if....my friend...likes a girl...but...he can't be with her because of another girl even though he doesn't want to be with her...what..what can he do?" I asked. I hugged mom. I was so so tired. So so tired. And so so confused.

Mom looked concerned, and patted my head, ''Well...if your friend's intentions are true and his heart is pure, I'm sure things will work out. First, he has to be honest with himself and his heart and see what he truly wants, then he has to be honest with his feelings and communicate them well'' she looked stunned for a second, ''That was great advice I just gave you baby, you better take it". she laughed. I laughed too.

"I'm glad your still a mama's boy at heart," she whispered, giving me a kiss on my forehead, "Be honest with your feelings Percy"

"It's not me! It's my friend!" I protested.

Mom rolled her eyes, "Yes yes, your friend." And then she went off to write it down in the novel she was working on.

I lay down in the bed in the dark and searched my heart. And the answer rang clear and bright. Annabeth. Annabeth meant a lot to me and I didn't want to lose her.

And I would find a way to be there for her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!
So I decided on new updates every Sunday!!

Any suggestions?

----- S