Stupid fates of Greece

(Friday)

It had been a  lot over a week since my "engagement".
Life had been moving forward as normal. College. The bookstore. Home. ignore dad etc

I tried my hardest to avoid Annabeth. However, every time I looked at her it seemed that my heart would do a little happy dance and my lips would automatically pull up into a smile.

Was I allowed to feel this way when I was engaged to someone else? Even if I was doing everything I could to get out of said engagement?
I didn't have any feelings for Rachel. She was nice and we got along relatively well....but...
I didn't want to marry her.
And she knew that.
Well....at least I hoped she knew that.

A couple of years ago, while my mom and dad were going through a divorce, mom dated a man named Gabe.
That smelly little piece of shit cheated on my mom several times. And was a horrible abusing drunkard.
Mom used to send me off to summer camp so I didn't have to deal with him.
But she was completely broken.
I remember coming home to find her crying while Gabe was passed out on the couch.

I despised him with every fibre of my being.

But luckily he was hit by a car and slammed straight into a stone wall.
So in simple terms,
He dead.

"Percy!" a voice said from behind me. Speak of the angel. I whipped around to see Annabeth, Jason behind her.

"Annabeth?" I questioned. What was she doing here?

DID I SUMMON HER?!

She looked beautiful as usual. Her hair was up in a ponytail and she wore a grey skirt, with stockings and an oversized shirt tucked in. She fit right in.

"I'm getting a tour of the school. Great Aunt Aphrodite is getting me enrolled here" she grinned. She looked so excited that it made me excited.

"Wait really?! Why haven't you told me ?" I demanded.

"Well" she chewed her bottom lip, "we haven't had any time to talk all week"

Right. I felt a pang of guilt in my gut.

"How about Percy finishes the tour?" Jason suggested. He tapped his watch, "I have a test"

Of course, Jason, ever the gentleman and teacher's pet, would have been tasked with giving Annabeth the tour of schools.

I looked at him in horror, "You have the option to miss a test...but you still want to take it?!" I asked.