Aunt Hera's making my ears bleed pt-2

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Annabeth asked, returning from her long phone call

I put my utensils down, looking at her as I nodded my yes, my heart hammering in my heart.She was talking to me?!

I could feel a couple of people staring, but I ignored them. So did Annabeth as we walked out of the grand reception room

She lead me out to a secluded balcony, that was decorated with lights that gave Annabeth a light glow. It overlooked the wedding garden, and a bit of the music wafted up here. It looks different now, with no one there.
The chilled air bit my face, and Annabeth shivered too.

Oh what I would've done to take her in my arms and keep her warm

I began talking off my jacket coat, to offer her to protect from the cold. Her dress certainly wasn't going to do that.
She stopped me midway, a hand on my arm that sent all my senses tingling.

"Annabeth I want you to know how sorry-"I begged, shrugging the jacket back on. I took her hand, and she let me. She looked at me, eyes ever quizzical.

I finally had a moment with her, and I would make it worth it. I would get on my knees Dam it! Anything for her to know how sorry I was. And how ashamed.

"Did you give Rachel my number?" she interrupted, looking me directly in the eye as she sat on the railing, the cold air disturbing her hair.

Her hand was still entwined with mine, reaching from the railing.

"Uh..no? Why?" I blinked in confusion. What the hell? !

"Mmm" she mused, looking into the distance.

"I promise you-" I tried, but she interrupted again, squeezing my hand. I couldnt describe the way she looked, with the soft glow of the light. It was honestly hard to get words out of my mouth when she looked so beautiful.

"Do you know who I was on the phone with?" she asked.

I shook my head. No.

"Rachel, your amazing fiancé. She found my number somehow," she paused to look at me. I sucked in a breath, feeling the edges of the world slip away into oblivion.

"And she explained everything. From how this whole thing started, to everything you told her about me."

Relief flooded my chest, almost throwing me off balance. Someone remind me to buy Rachel a whole dam art studio in thanks.

"So...you accept my apology?" I asked, a bloom of hope festering within me.

She tapped her chin, "not yet."

"Not yet?"

She shook her head, "No. I want to hear everything from your point of view. Tell me your side," she let go of my hand, placing both her arms on the railing as she leaned back.

Yes. She deserved to know. And this was my chance to finally come clean.

So I did.

I told her everything. From how the engagement was sprung upon us, to the exact moment I knew I was in love with her. Everything.

My heart felt lighter as more details came out, months of holding in it and keeping it a secret certainly took a toll. Each knot untangled itself as I explained the situation.

And when I was done, she just sat there, staring at me.

She dropped my hand and I could feel my heart plummet back to the depths of hell. She was never going to forgive me. I brought this on myself.

"Promise you'll never lie to me again," she said.

I raked in a sob, "I promise."

"One more thing," she added finally, jumping off the railing and landing with a plop in front of me.

"Say it again," she commanded.

"Say it again?" I asked, confused. The entire story?!

"Say that you love me again," she was smiling slightly, her head tilted sideways as she watched me like a cat.

I blinked. And found myself mimicking her smile, "I love you, wise girl. I always have, always will. I love you more than anything in the world." I told her honestly.

She was smiling now, and it could light up the world.

"Good," she whispered, "I feel the same."

I almost sagged in relief

I couldn't believe it. She loved me. This absolute queen loved me.

I threw an arm around her, my hand grazed her silken skin as I pulled her closer, dipping my head to meet hers.

"Oh no, you don't. No more kisses for you," she laughed, pulling away, her face still inches from mine.

 No more kisses for you," she laughed, pulling away, her face still inches from mine

"And..." she added, "you still have to make it up to me."

"Make it up to you how?" I asked, ready to give her the stars If she asked.

"Figure it out, seaweed brain," she smirked

She led us back to the function, where Thalia had somehow changed into a black evening dress that was definitely more her style. The music grew louder and louder as we progressed towards the room, the chatting and laughing too.

The musicians were playing a medley of Thalia and Luke's favorite songs, all the wedding guests dancing their hearts out.
Except for Hera and Zeus, who were nowhere to be seen. Thank the Gods.

Annabeth and I raced to join the crowd of enthusiastic dancers, Annabeth dancing to the beat alongside Piper, who pulled her into their little circle.

I went to find Thalia, who was bobbing to the music with Luke. They both looked ecstatic.

"Congrats Thals!" I grinned, giving her the best side hug I could muster, "Never thought you would find someone crazy enough to marry you"

She rolled her eyes, "I'm still mad at you, Perce. But thank you," she smiled then, only for a brief second.

She pulled me back as I turned to leave, her voice low, "the next marriage better be yours. And I don't mean to Rachel."

And with that, she let go of my shoulder, returning her full attention to grooving to the beat as 'King of My Heart' (Taylor Swift) started playing.

Well Thalia, I certainly hope that too.

————————————————————————-

Umm....can't think of an authors note
Posted on 30th Jan 2021 (9:47am)

So any suggestions for the book?

Stay tuned!!!
—- S