The worst timing in the history of my world

(27th December- afternoon )

Annabeth stayed with her step-mom the past few days,I've hardly had time to be with her.

It was weird how much I missed her.

"It's just a few more days,Percy! Her brothers getting better. Wipe that love sick look off your face before I throw up," Piper jested, stabbing me with a fork.

"Bold words from the girl who stares at Jason from a point blank range with a lovey lovey look for hours on end," I rolled my eyes, "And I can't help it....I miss her."

"We can tell," Leo chewed his brownie.

The bookstore seemed so odd without Annabeth. And being there without her felt like hanging out at someone else's house without their permission.

It's just....she'd spent years here. Every part of this place has been touched by her and taken care of by her.

The fact that her stepmother could even think of.....taking this away from her? I couldn't stomach the thought of what it would do to Annabeth.

Even though she doesn't want to spend her whole life tied down here, I know what this place means to her. What it represents to her.

"We should do something," Piper said suddenly, as she watched Jason to return to the table from the washroom. He raised his eyebrows, waiting for her to fill him in.

"For New-Years. My mom's travelling. I want to do something fun with you all. And she said I could use the jet so I was thinking....road trip/ best day ever?"

"We can drive down to the beach," Hazel suggested, "I heard they're going to have a wonderful fireworks show."

"Sold!"

"You think we're just gonna drop everything cause you made epic plans?" Leo scoffed at Piper's raised eyebrows, "Of course I'm down! Count me in McLean."

"Sure," was Reyna's response, "My sister is going to be out of town and this seems more fun than hanging out by myself."

"Jason?" Piper asked specially, her kaleidoscope eyes trained on him. Of course he said yes, quite red too might I add.

"I'm coming, Piper?" Frank replied, earning a smile from Hazel.

"Noted. Jackson?"

"Count me in. I'll ask Annabeth too."

"I heard Annabeth's name, what's going on?" Thalia emerged, stealing the truffle off my plate.