Running the bookstore, again.

It was just another day in the Bookstore

It was just another day in the Bookstore. I'd taken a few weeks off of school so I could run the store while Thalia and Luke jetted off to Hawaii for a week, to enjoy their honeymoon.

I did have company, however. Clarisse came by to help with Thalia's gym upstairs. She was doing an Internship here.
So during the early mornings, when we both had a while to breathe, we would have breakfast together.

"How you doing? Want me to pummel Jackson?" she asked for the fourth day in a row, munching on her morning sandwich which were actually left over from yesterday.

I rolled my eyes, "Do any of your solutions not include violence?" I asked. Clarisse and I used to be good friends, but life pulled us in very separate directions to the point where we could hardly ever hang out. The respect and adoration between us never faded however. I'm glad we found each other again.

More specifically she found me, sobbing my eyes out in my secret room. I had somehow forgotten to close the door and she advanced towards me with her boxing gloves still on, thinking I was some intruder.

She sat there in silence, and brought me a coffee as I pulled myself together. This was a while before the big wedding, when Thalia and Luke were running around town doing errands.

I've been very grateful for her support.

She left shortly after that, she had to attend school. She normally got right back to work when it was over however.

The rest of the day went like clockwork, and I fell into my old rhythm. Luke had suggested this genius idea of renting out books like a library, and I was working out the pro's and cons of that. And trying to finish my homework in the short breaks I gave myself.

"Hey! Smarty!" Leo called out as the gang entered through the door.

"Hi!" I called back, their faces a breath of fresh air. If forgotten how lonely it could be working alone.

Clarisse zipped past me just then, patting my shoulder before she left upstairs, her boyfriend following her.

"Hey," a familiar voice called, the one with sea-green eyes. I gave Percy a smile, my heart racing.

I loved him. He knew that
He loved me. I knew that.

But a part of me is terrified nothing will ever come of it. That he's going to end up with Rachel and forget all about me. A simple nobody.

We talked it out, day of the wedding. He'd told me everything, but all that did was numb the pain. The fear was still there, and sometimes looking at him hurt.

"All of you sit down now, I'll go get the snacks. The usual, right?" I asked as the bookstore started filling in with people.

"Yup," Reyna nodded, answering for everyone.

So I dropped of Piper's pile of papers in her lap, asking her to give them when we go home. And I brought out snacks for everyone, taking orders as usual.