Percy finally stopped being clueless

The cool was biting my cheeks as we sat on the terrace

The cool was biting my cheeks as we sat on the terrace. Paul and mom insisted we go out for some fresh air, so here we were. On the roof of the hospital.

"How do you feel? Estelle is a gem," Annabeth asked, looking at the Manhattan skyline from the terrace. The hospital was unusually high built and we had a very nice view of the city.

"I feel...just....great," I answered, thinking back to Estelle's tiny little face.

The light wind blew the curls away from her face, as she closed her eyes, leaning into the coldness.

"Thankyou for coming, I don't know what I would've done without you," I said, honestly. I really didn't know. She calmed me down. She indeed took care of everything.

"You're my best friend, Percy. Of course I would do anything to help," she said, eyes still closed. Paul had given her his trench coat to wear up here, insisting that she might catch a cold. It was slightly too big for her, but she pulled it of. And mom also told her to wear a scarf and gave her one.

And they gave me a cap cause....why not? I gave that to Annabeth though. It just didn't go with my outfit.

I felt a pang of disappointment, "Only best friend?" I asked, not able to hold my tongue

Her eyes snapped open as she turned to me,"what do you mean?" she asked, quietly.

"We...still didn't talk about it," I supplied, trying to remind her of the kiss. Gods I could never forget that.

"Talk about what?" she asked again. You're killing me, wise girl.

"This."

On pure impulse, and like an addict, I leaned forward and kissed her carefully.When I pulled  back a sly smile lingered on her lips.

"I think I might need a recap," her eyes sparkled under the stars as she pulled me back in.

I don't know how we were in this situation

But, I've dreamed of this since I was a little boy. And never in my wildest dreams did I think it could come true.

"You're perfect," I whispered, leaning my forehead against hers.

"Shut up," she smiled, nuzzling me with her nose.

"Anything you say, ma'am,"

We heard the door of the room opening at the same time and jumped apart.

A family of 4 strolled in, smiling like pysopaths. Two of them started taking photos on the roof as one of them started singing the song 'Mr Perfectly Fine' by Taylor Swift.

Annabeth ans I didn't need to verbal communication to get the hell out of there.

We passed out on the couches in the hospital when we went back downstairs.

I will say though, this was probably be one of the best days of my life.

The next morning, mom tossed me the car keys and told me to take myself and Annabeth home and freshen up. And told her she should borrow anything she needed from her closet.
We'd slept on the hospital couches and were super tired. We both agreed that our backs ached.

Mom and Paul thought it'd be best to stay in the hospital for a while just in case. Baby E was in an incubator so they couldn't bring her home for a while.

"Since we still have a day kinda left....I was hoping..." I wanted to show Annabeth my spots. Everywhere I used to go.

"Yes...?" she asked, peeling her eyes away from the car windows.

"If I could show you around town? You know where I grew up and stuff," I rambled on, "Only if you want to, like I'm fine if you just wanna-"

She cut me off, "It's a date." she proclaimed, giving me a reassuring smile. I couldn't help feel the wind knocked out of me everytime she turned to me.
I resisted the urge to hold her hand, or just kiss her senseless.

I melted into the car seat. Metaphorically.

I showed her around the apartment, where the showers were and grabbed her a outfit from mom's closet before I hopped into the shower myself.

I still didn't know where Annabeth and I stood, we hadn't discussed it yet. And I want to give her all the time she needs to figure it out.

But anyways,the cold water felt amazing

What was more amazing was Annabeth sitting on the living room couch when I was done, waiting for me, her bead necklace out on full display.

Something permanent, she always used to say.

And now..looking at her, it sure felt that way. Maybe one day....
We could build our own permanent little haven.

"You ready?" she asked, her hair still slightly damp, curls framing her face as she looked at me expectantly with those beautiful grey eyes.

Something within me exploded at the sight. It was so casual, so homey and it just felt so so right. As If she was always meant to be there.

It took me a second to gather my thoughts, "Yeah," I nodded, composing myself.

We grabbed a bite for brunch at my favourite restaurant, went to the skatepark I used to hang out. I showed her all the sights that Manhattan had to offer. Actually just a couple, we were short on time. We also stopped by the hospital on our way back, so Annabeth could say goodbye to the family. We had to go home tomorrow.

And when we were walking down the street back to the apartment, it hit me. The same thing that hit me like a tidal wave in the morning as I watched Annabeth's eyes wide with wonder as she looked around the city.

I was in love with this girl. Utterly and truly in love with her. And maybe I always was.

———————————————————————

A/N
So....I realised I  messed up some part of the story and I'm currently working on fixing that. So If you get random notifications that are not on Sunday's, please ignore them. No bonus chapters for a while cause well...I have this to deal with 😭

Anyways!
Stay tuned!
Wrote this at 12am on a Sunday morning procrastinating my homework ! Yaay!

—-S