Never having coffee, again.

Annabeth agreed to come home with me for Christmas

Annabeth agreed to come home with me for Christmas. And if that didn't give me reason to celebrate, the fact that she was here, in the passenger seat next to me as I drove to Manhattan is enough to make me want to strip and dance on top of the Acropolis.

And I was honestly so nervous about a whole
trip with Annabeth and ruining our already delicate relationship, I downed two whole cups of black coffee.
Which would normally be fine, except for the fact that I haven't had coffee in over 10 months.

And....my body wasn't handling it well. I'm pretty sure it's high....on coffee, nothing else. Don't take drugs, kids. 

Also, Annabeth was probably the best person you could ever hope to take a trip with.
She made sure we started earlier in the day, right after breakfast to ensure that we weren't late. And thank god's she did because traffic would've been a nightmare.
Not like it isn't now, but it would've been worse.

"Did you finish the maths paper yet?" she asked, finally filling the near hour of silence that only Taylor Swift had saved with her amazing vocals.

I turned the music down, "No. We have a maths paper??" I asked. Ah shit. Moms gonna kill me.

If dad doesn't first.

She smiled, "It's actually easy. I'll help you with it if you want," she offered.

"I'll take you up on that. When we get to mom's place, you can teach me. She'll be shocked."

"About Sally...she still doesn't know, does she?" Annabeth asked carefully, her head tilted towards the window so I couldn't see her face.

Right, of course she would want to know.

Annabeth wasn't the type of person who forgot things. No, she would think them through until she practically wore a hole in her brain.

"I was going to bring it up one family dinner years later after Rachel and I broke out of it," I answered her, drumming my hands along the steering wheel. Maybe I should just turn the music back on.

"I'd love to see Sally's reaction to it if you actually that," she grinned, leaning against the car seat.

"Well...after Rachel and I do get unengaged, you're the one who's gonna be coming home with me every year," my mouth said for me, before it had the time to correlate with my brain and come up with a game plan.

Oh shit shit shit
Percy you idiot!!!

"I....er....you know....ummm," I tried desperately to find a way to cover up the situation but it didn't work. So I kept my eyes glued to the window as I drived.

Regretting my whole entire existence

Annabeth moved to turn up the music at the same time as I did, our hands both touching as we did so.