Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad

Friday afternoon

Friday afternoon

"Piper!" I smiled as I hugged my friend. I had just arrived at Great Aunt Aphrodite's house...or should I say Mansion? I instantly noted the interior. Lush, marble with towering arches that were laced with chandeliers. It was magnificent.

"I'm so glad you're here Anna! We're going to have the best time!" Piper shrieked.

"I still can't believe we're related!!" I answered in response. We found out just yesterday that we were distant cousins. And that was one of the best phone calls I've ever received.

"Indeed," Great Aunt Aphrodite said, popping out from who knows where. "So lovely to have you with us Annabeth! Piper tells me both of you spend time together regularly. How Lovely!''

"Piper and the gang come to my bookstore after school every day. So yeah, we're quite close" I smiled, wrapping my arm around Piper's shoulder.

Aphrodite gave me a look, "The Bookstore..yes. Your mother did throw away quite the fortune on it"

My face fell. She seemed to have noticed.

"Anyways! Athena was so passionate about it! Good to see you keep it up well" she said quickly. Aphrodite then turned around, motioning a girl to come forward.

The girl practically catwalked towards her. She was beautiful, there was no denying it. But her beauty came from makeup and a bitchy smile. She gave off an 'I'm better than you' vibe as she stood tall, wearing lots of jewelry on her simple outfit.
I turned to Piper, who was looking at her feet. They were total opposites. Piper wore her beauty well, with a kind smile. But this girl on the other hand gave me no good vibes.

"This is you're other cousin Drew, my oldest. You are probably not well acquainted with her but she's in charge while I'm gone. If you need money or anything, ask her, Annabeth dear. She'll give it to you. I'm not home often, so she's partially in charge"

I watched the girl smirk. She had a punchable face.

"Anyhoo, I'm going off for the weekend! Paris! There's a great fashion show there and I hope to get inspired for my new makeup line!! Pearl Beauty" With that being said, Aunt Aphrodite walked out, Drew walking out behind her.

"Let me show you your room" Piper grinned as she helped me roll my suitcase. She led me up a flight of stairs and stopped at the one at the edge of the corridor.

I've been to Piper's house once or twice. Mainly cause the gang came over for movie nights. And I would stop by for a while.

I'd never seen that much of her place before so I was still awed by it.

She pointed to it," this is your room" she said. She then turned around and pointed to the room parallel to it, "this is mine"

I nodded and pushed the door open. I gasped. It was gorgeous. I slowly walked around the room, taking it all in. It was huge, beautiful, and had oddly familiar energy.