That was confusing

( Friday morning)

( Friday morning)

"Percyyyyyy"  I heard my mom yell. I groaned and covered my ears with my pillow. It was too early to get out of bed.

I knew my efforts failed when I heard a knock on the door. Mom entered through the door and shook me awake. "Are you ready dear?" she asked. I mumbled a response into my pillow. I heard her sigh. A dam good smell suddenly filled the air.

I sat upright in my bed, immediately beckoned by the blue cookie mom was waving in front of my face. I took in from her hands and smiled, thanking her,I consumed it whole."Ready for what?" I  asked, stifling a yawn.

"You're going to stay with your father for a while," she said with a sad smile, "the chauffeur is here to take you"

"Mom!" I gasped, now fully awake. "why in Hera's name didn't you tell me ?!"

"I didn't?" Sally asked with a confused expression, she patted her very pregnant stomach, "sorry dear, pregnancy brain".

I groaned again, flopping into bed "why do I have to go? Can't I stay? I might miss the baby being born"

"Percy! Your getting cookie crumbs everywhere. " She pulled the blanket off me "after the baby is born, Paul and I will be very busy Percy, I may be put on bed rest. That's why we think you should stay with your father for a while"

I rolled my eyes, but she continued. "Also, your friends are there! Don't you miss your cousin Jason? Home's just a 2 hours drive anyway."

I sighed. I did miss them. I turned around to face my mom and nodded, spreading out my arms. She smiled and hugged me, patting my hair. "Now that's a good boy, It'll just be a while Percy. Paul enrolled you in Goodee high so you don't miss any classes''

I groaned again, pulling back from my mom;'s embrace. "I thought it was going to be like a vacation!''

Mom chuckled."For me, it will be". She patted her belly and turned to look at me again,'' Go get ready, I'll pack a bag for you"

I got out of bed as mom fluttered around my room, putting things in a suitcase she got from Hades knows where.

My feet carried me to the bathroom and I let them take me, I don't have a choice anyway. They're my feet. I brushed my teeth and got in the shower. I felt the cold water of the shower pour, waking me up instantly. I like cold showers, sue me. The fast pitter-patter of the water always made me grin, rejuvenated me, and always comforted me. I grabbed a bottle of shampoo and held it like a mic.

"under the sea undeR tHe sEA DarLIng IT'S BETTER UNDER THE SEA'' I sang, getting into it, swaying my body to my imaginary beat.  "Down where it's wEttEr take it frommmm MeeeOOOOOOMMMM" I yelled as she entered the bathroom. I tried to cover myself up, but being in the shower, It was hard.

"What are you doing here?! I'm in the shower" I cried. She turned from the laundry basket towards me. "I'm taking the laundry Percy, what's wrong?''

"I'm..I'm naked!" I whimpered,

Mom's eyes slowly widened as if she just realized this. She let out a laugh,'' I keep forgetting you're a big boy now! I remember when I used to give you showers, you loved playing with your Nemo toy and Ariel doll-"

"Mom I love you...but can you please leave?'' I begged.

She chuckled she took the dirty clothes from the laundry basket and walked out, humming the tune of Under the Sea. She popped her head back in," Percy I gave birth to you. There's no need to be embarrassed" she then disappeared.

I hit my head against the cold tiles. So Embarrassing.

"Under the sea, under the, ugh never mind" I groaned again, getting out of the shower. I dried myself up and put on some clothes. My room looked much cleaner when I got out, considering that my mom practically put half my room into my suitcases.

I went downstairs for breakfast.

I sat down at the table and was served a fresh batch of blue pancakes, made by yours truly's mother. I dug into them, savoring every bite.

"Are you ready to go?'' Mom asked, sitting down next to me.

"Do I have to?'' I asked, gulping down my last pancake. I loved my friends and family in Long Island, but I didn't like leaving my mom in Manhattan. Technically she now has Paul to take care of her, but I still didn't think it was right. Childhood Trauma, I guess.

She nodded," Your father said it was important. He didn't tell me why he wanted you there but.." she frowned, "Nevermind that, just remember, you can come home anytime. It's just a 2-hour drive"

"So why can't I just stay here?"

Mom gave me a small smile and patted my head, "Percy, spend some time with your brother too. It's going to be hard for you to study here with your baby sister crying all the time"

"But what if I miss Baby E's birth?'' I asked, looking my mom in the eyes."I'm scared she's going to think I don't care about her cause I wasn't here and she's going to hate me forever"

"You're going to be a wonderful brother Percy. Besides your definitely going to come home for a while when she's born''

"Promise?"

"On blue food" Mom smiled, ''Besides, I still have 5ish months before the baby is born.Have some fun until then! And be grateful you don't have to deal with my morning sickness"

"Paul has to" I smirked

Mom laughed. She gave me a kiss on the forehead and led me towards the door.

"Paul wanted me to tell you goodbye" she smiled. She handed me a small brown paper bag," here are some blue cookies in case you're hungry on the way" I took the bag and gave her a huge smile, stuffing my mouth with a cookie.

''Percy" she chided.

"You just make them so good!'' I said as I began walking out the door, towing my suitcases along. I had placed them by the door earlier.

"Percy" My mom called. I turned around to see her wear the biggest smile I've seen in a while. "do you know where you're going" she asked.

I shook my head, "uh...Long Island?''

"you really don't remember?''

I shook my head again, "remember what?''

She giggled, "nothing". She walked me out towards the car and waited until I was seated.

"get me some books while you are coming back," she asked with a glint in her eye.

"What?'' I asked. Why did mom want books all of a sudden?

And why did she ask me about Long Island?

I used to go there all the time as a kid, when my dad stayed there. And mom was more adamant on sending me because of her "asshole of a husband" at the time.

And I used to go to summer camp. But after a friend of mine moved away suddenly and dad had to move to a different state for business, I almost stopped going there.

I used to go once or twice for my friend's birthdays or If they were having large gatherings. And sometimes to visit my cousin Jason. But those were not that often or frequent.

I normally kept in touch with them on my phone, you know by texting and calling.

Mainly cause......going there....it didn't feel that right since my friend had practically disappeared.
Like a small hole in my chest every time I looked at the place.

Mom gave me a knowing look as the car began moving before I could ask her why she wanted to know.

That was confusing.