Nope Nope Nopity Nope

( Monday evening)

I had just gotten home from the bookstore. Washed the cake batter off. Thought about Annabeth. Called my mom. And now I had a meeting with my dad.

"Dad?" I asked, knocking on his office door. He motioned me to come in.

"Remember when I told you that we have a meeting today?"

I nodded.

"It's today. So let's go" he said, getting up from his chair.

"O...kay"

Dad and I arrived at another mansion after a quiet drive. It was a huge place, almost twice as big as ours. Sports cars lined the entire front yard.
Showoff, I thought.

"Why are we here?" I asked as we walked up a flight of stairs.

"We have a meeting" dad replied

"You don't say" I rolled my eyes. All this mystery was getting annoying.

A butler escorted us to a huge office room within the mansion. It was excessively extravagant, with gold plated furniture everywhere. Personally, I found it tacky.

There was a man sitting behind the desk. He leaned back, grinning. His golden hair flowed in the breeze. And by that I mean, he had a fan in front of him which I'm sure was just for dramatic effect.

"Poseidon! How are you! you old seagull" the man gushed, getting up to shake hands with my father. Behind him, was a girl who looked about my age. She had red hair.

"I'm good Apollo" dad laughed, slapping the man's back. "Now let's get down to business''

Dad motioned to me and pushed me forward so this Apollo guy could get a better look at my face.

Apollo grinned wider than I've ever seen a human grin, "What a handsome young lad!" he beamed, making me uncomfortable. "Rachel! Come here"

The redheaded girl came forward, looking annoyed. Apollo motioned to me, "Now doesn't he look handsome?" he gushed.

The girl, Rachel, smiled. "yes dad" she nodded.

Apollo clapped his hands together, "Perfect! Now that they like each other, the union can move forward as planned! It'll be the wedding of the century!"

I frowned. What in the name of Zeus's Zebra's was going on here?

Dad grinned, "Now Now Apollo! Let the two lovebirds spend some time with each other! And let's talk business"

Apollo nodded, "Of course! Rachel escort your fiance to the gardens"

"WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH" I backed into the corner, rapidly shaking my head. "What's going on?'