Chapter 25

It was a calming day at Mitras, the sun was shining brightly through the cool air. It had been two days since the event and now he had to discuss something about- him inheriting a new titan. He took a deep breath as he stood up from his desk and headed for Historia's room. He knocked on the door. 

"Yes," said Historia's voice from the other side. "Who is it?" 

"Its me Eren, Tori," he replied. "Could I please come in?" 

"Of course!" came her quick reply. 

He smiled as he opened the door and saw Historia busy doing some paperwork. Since he became a prince, she dropped his duties as a secretary and began teaching Sarah the basics of secretary work. Speaking of Sarah, she was sitting on his old desk, busy doing paperwork with a large pile of papers beside her. 

"Good Morning, love," he said as he gave Historia a small peck on the lips. 

"Good morning to you too, sweetie," she responded with a bright smile. 

"Prince Eren..." said Sarah with a pout. "No kiss for me too?" 

Eren chuckled at the reaction from his girlfriend. Her eyes narrowed as she gaped at her lady in waiting. He approached Sarah and gave her a small kiss on her cheek, which resulted in her blushing like a tomato. 

"There you go," said Eren with a grin. "Happy now Sarah?" 

"Very..." she said weakly before continuing her paperwork, the blush still on her face. Eren chuckled at her blush. He brought Historia out of the room and into her library, locking the doors so barely anyone could hear. 

"So Eren-love," she said as she sat down on a chair. "What do you need to talk about." 

Eren's face soon became serious. "Something that you've been delaying from me for a long time- me eating this Porco Galliard." 

Historia's face became weak. "Must we really talk about this? I am very busy and I have a lot to do." 

"Tori, I only have four years left!" bellowed Eren. "I entered the guard during January, in a few months, It'll be three years more. If you want me to live longer, we need to discuss this." 

"I CAN'T EREN!" she cried, tears blooming from her eyes. "It hurts to much, the memories of Ymir are still as fresh as a damn cut wound." 

"You cannot continue acting like this, it's been four years," said Eren. "Ymir made her damn choice but I also seem to remember she left you advice." 

Historia's eyes widened at the memory, still fresh after so many years ago. They were on the tower, titans were shaking the tower, risking them to their imminent doom. Then, Ymir got the knife from her and looked at her, her eyes looking straight at hers. Her voice, still brought a smile. 

Krista... I have no right to tell you how to live. So this is just a wish of mine. Live your life with Pride. 

Tears fell from her eyes as she remembered those words. They kept repeating in her head so many times. When they were in Reiss chapel and she was about to inject herself with the fluid, the same words flowed into her mind. Live your life with Pride. Eren went and knelt in front of her to wipe the tears from her eyes. 

"I'm sorry, Tori," said Eren. "It was selfish of me to say those words..." 

"No Eren," she said weakly. "I should be the one to ask for your forgiveness, I know you're literally a dead man walking, I shouldn't have let my mourning cloud the real problems..." 

"No, I also couldn't move on from the death of my mother," said Eren sadly. "If only I could have saved her, the irony too was shocking..." 

"Irony?" 

"My mother was eaten by Zeke's mother, the first wife of my father, Grisha Dina Fritz," said Eren. "Could you believe she promised to find him wherever he is and resulted in my mother's death?" 

"I'm so sorry, Eren," said Historia, embracing her boyfriend deeply. 

"Thank you Historia," said Eren. "I could move on, but I can't, proves I'm only human. I've had some memories shown to me the first time I kissed you when you gave me the medal those years ago. I really wanted to destroy the world, they looked down on Eldians like a disease, but Zeke persuaded me, told me that he knew a more civilized way to replace the violence i saw." 

"The coup?" 

Eren nodded. "Yes, so all my base urges and desires were brought down, I never thought about it anymore. I am free." 

Historia smiled. "I think it would be the best closure if you were the one to carry the titan of Ymir, it would bring me calm to see her memories not lie in a stranger."

"Thank you, my love," said Eren as he closed the gap between them into a deep and loving kiss. "I love you." 

"I love you too," 

They were about to kiss again when they heard a loud banging on the door. Eren stood up quickly and opened the door to see a sweating Zeke. 

"Zeke," said Eren. "Whats the problem?"

Zeke began muttering things as he took a breath. 

"I'm sorry?" asked Eren. 

"Its Porco Galliard," said Zeke. "He's escaped from the ship and heading towards the walls." 

Oh my god! A Galliard Arc? Won't miracles ever end? Did you see my little call back to Season 4 Eren with the memories and 'I am free.' I hope you liked that chapter and I'll be making a few chapters soon. Like many arcs, I'll be breaking this arc into different chapters to add Drama!

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter. Thanks! 

-Nathan Polancos

---Completed January 6, 2020 with 968 words---