Chapter 20

*******

To say Mikasa Ackermann, Captain of the Royal Protection Squad, was angry would be a great understatement. She was livid and if you asked her, had a reason to be so. She had just discovered her Eren fucking that little blonde slut she calls a "queen". She was practically steaming in rage at the sight she saw. 

After she had learned that her Eren wouldn't join the party, she was livid. What? How can Eren not join the party? He's the most deserving of the celebration. 

She decided to visit him and put some sense into that brain of his. Of course Jean would ask where she would go, she nicely assured him that she was clearing her head. Poor Jean, sadly, she belonged to Eren and would never dare choose another man over him. Of course, she just had to wriggle Eren out of Historia's hands, obviously he was just acting to keep her satisfied and really thought of her. 

Since they were kids, Mikasa always had the biggest crush on Eren. She protected him, smothered him, and made sure he was safe and made sure that he was happy. Of course, he was annoyed with it, but she knew he secretly liked it. He stood by her for all those years at every point. 

After the battle of Shinganshina, they finally had peace. They had to focus of course on spying on Marley and began a mission to visit the enemy lands. They discovered so much about the place, the saddest part was discovering the avid racism against Eldians- in a place called Liberio. Paradis was called the Devil's Island and many children were brainwashed into that belief. 

She had a chance to finally tell Eren how she really felt but she blew it. It was under the bright stars and Eren was standing alone in front of the refugee tent in Marley. 

"Eren..." said Mikasa. "What's wrong? Everyone has been looking for you!" 

"Mika," said Eren, in a suit, looking at her eyes deeply. "What am I to you?" 

His green eyes stared at her waiting for her reply. She was caught off guard and her brain spun out of control, unable to think of a smart answer, she replied the quickest thing that came to her mind at that moment. 

"Um..." she said, tears near falling. "You are family." 

Damn it! she thought as she remembered that night, she had a chance to tell Eren and be together but no, she just had to say he was family. After a few weeks of spying, they returned and Eren requested a short break to clear his head. Mikasa was confused why he left her there and told her not to follow him, he disappeared for a few months before coming back looking a bit better and more good looking. 

He had grown taller and had grown his hair into a bun, oh how Mikasa drooled at the sight of the new Eren. For the next years, they moved spot to spot from defending the walls too relaxing in a small cottage, it was hectic but peaceful. That peace was soon interrupted when the letter came from Mitras, ordering them to move to the palace to protect Queen Historia. Again, it was her mistake by just kissing Eren on the cheek, he would have understood. 

Stupid Mikasa, stupid! she cried in her mind. She had so many chances to make Eren hers but she blew it and now she's suffering the consequences of her inaction. On their first day, she was caught agape when she saw Historia holding Eren's arm, she was livid. How in hells name did that minx persuade Eren to hold her arm? She must have threatened him... 

From that moment, it all broke down. She no longer spoke to Eren, given he was too busy doin his "work" for Historia. She had tried to organize some meetings with him but he always declined, stating that he had work to do. 

As she was thinking... she entered her room and began placing on her ODM gear, it has been a while and she was quite rusty but she could still do it like an assassin, silent and quick. She slowly walked towards the garden to where she would see Eren and the blonde bitch take walks, she aimed her ODM and shot herself towards the wall beside the balcony to the room she recognized as Eren's.