Chapter 17

The car passed by the new Shinganshina district which was completed the last year. Zeke looked in shock as he looked out and saw the new building design of the district. The streets were in order and the houses were beautifully painted and in order. He saw cars and shops around the city. 

"Wow, you seem to have modernized..." Zeke said shocked. 

Historia seemed happy. "Yes, ever since the reclamation of Wall Maria, we have modernized and Shinganshina is a model of the new Paradis." 

"All of this done in less than three years?" asked Pieck in awe. 

"Yes, we had help from Hizuru, modern technology and modern designs from them has helped us a lot," replied Historia. 

"Hizuru, eh?" said Zeke nodded. "I have heard from Eren about your modernizing program, a new financial system and all that." 

"Ah really?" said Historia nodding. "I hope it's all good news he's writing to you." 

"Indeed," said Zeke. "I am quite versed in finance and what you did has impressed me." 

"Oh really, how?" asked Historia. 

"A central bank, a new currency, a stock exchange?" said Zeke. "Marley barely has that, give a few years and we would both be competing!" 

"What is your currency?" asked Historia. 

"Ah, in Marley, we use the Marleyan Mark" replied Zeke. "However since the coup, the Mark has been depreciating and inflation is destructive to our economy" 

"That is indeed very bad news..." 

"Yes, but that is all part of the process after political instability," said Zeke. "As soon as I return, I will be dealing with this myself, my financial minister is currently at home dealing with that." 

"That is very good, I suppose he is rising interest rates for your banks?" asked Historia, which shocked Eren and Zeke. "And try to lessen the money in circulation, I might add." 

"Yes..." said Zeke, mouth widened. "You seem to be quite adept in economics Historia." 

"Four years as Queen does do a lot," said Historia smiling as she looked as Eren. "Eren, my love, are you alright." 

"I think you broke him Historia," said Pieck with a smirk. 

"No, No," said Eren, adjusting his coat and kissing Historia's forehead. "I am just so impressed with my amazing smart queen girlfriend." 

"Aww, thanks love," said Historia giving him a small peck on the lips. 

"Why don't you ever do that for me, Pieck?" asked Zeke jokingly. 

"Well, I don't know, cause you're not an amazing charmer like Eren?" replied Pieck grinning. 

"Alright, I surrender, you're the most beautiful woman in existence and a very smart one at that, Pieck darling," said Zeke. 

"There you go, love," said Pieck before sealing a short yet intense kiss, much to the chagrin of Eren and Historia, who were leaning on each other. 

******

The car ride was quite silent the rest of the way. Both couples decided to take a short nap, nuzzling against their lovers heads. Usually, the crowds would be noisy but Historia taught them a trick to make the cheers into ambient sounds to be able to sleep. Eren took that to heart and in a few short minutes, was able to doze off and sleep. 

The journey back was quite peaceful, Eren's dozing off was interrupted when he felt Historia patting him. 

"Love, wake up," she said softly.