Chapter 13

After around 2 hours of traveling on the train, they had finally arrived on the harbor. 

After the treaty with Hizuru, they decided to build a harbor for their new trading partner to head too. It wasn't that far from Marley, around a day or two on a steam ship. 

As soon as they arrived there, Eren noticed the two lines of soldiers in between the red carpet. He noticed that Levi was commanding the men, fixing their rifles and barking out orders as they ran about. These were the first group of newly trained soldiers of the Paradis Armed Forces. They were a resplendent group, clad in a dark blue uniform with 12 bronze buttons across their chest and red epaulets on their shoulders. 

The new uniform, Eren noticed. It didn't look half bad, well designed. Historia said that it would soon become Standard Issue within the next month. 

"Tori sweetheart," said Eren standing up from his seat

"Tori sweetheart," said Eren standing up from his seat. "We're here, come on, Zeke's ship is coming in around 15 minutes." 

"Alright darling, let's go!" said Historia, also standing up and fixing her dress. On the way, she had to fix her makeup as they were ruined when she cried in the car.

Before they exited through the door, Historia made Eren face her. "What's wrong?" asked Eren confusedly. Historia gave Eren a sultry look before pulling him into another passionate kiss which lasted just a few seconds until they had to break off. 

"What was that for sweetheart?" asked Eren softly. 

"Your cravat is messed up," she said with a grin. She slowly fixed the cravat and gave him a small peck on his cheek. 

"What was the kiss for though?" asked Eren still confused. 

"Why you don't want to kiss the love of your life?" she asked, making Eren blush with guilt. 

"I-Uh..." 

Historia grinned. "I'm just kidding Eren, ya goof." she said. "I always cuddled with Ymir whenever I felt nervous, of course that was when I was Krista Lenz." 

Eren scowled upon hearing that name. "Ugh, never say that cursed name." 

Historia winced. "What, Ymir?" she asked, somewhat caught off guard. 

"No, Krista Lenz, it brings back memories of that phony life of yours," Eren said, his voice softening. "You are Historia Reiss, the most beautiful and wonderful woman I know." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah, albeit she is slightly weird and very possessive of her boyfriend" 

"Shut up!" Historia said, slightly punching Eren on his chest. "I am not possessive!" 

"Yes you are..." said Eren with a bit of comedic flair. "Don't make me tickle you to bring it out!" 

Historia rolled her eyes sarcastically. "Fine, I am kinda possessive but thats only because I don't want other women to touch you."