Chapter 10

It was now  the day of the meeting the Premiere requested to have with the Queen and she and Eren were in her room. The sun was shining brightly through the wide curved windows facing towards the garden, and sensed it would be a bright and good day. 

"Eren, what do you think I should I wear today?" asked Historia, showing him a set of long, flowing dresses. Spread across her arms were fancy dresses in a mirage of colors, some adorned with jewels and sequins, and some with beautiful sewed patterns. 

"I don't know Historia" replied Eren with a shrug. "Why do you need to choose clothes anyways, It's just a simple meeting, its not like the Premiere is going to judge your clothing, you know." 

Historia glared at her secretary. "I must look good as the Queen and the dress is the way of upholding my image as monarch. If you were king, you would understand..." 

"Historia, you spend around 20 minutes in your closet, choosing over thousand of clothes!" 

"You wouldn't understand Eren, you're always focusing on tactics and weaponry, barely focusing on the finer things..." she said with a huff, crossing her arms in annoyance. 

Eren laughed softly. "Historia... I can't focus on the finer things, cause I am too focused on you," he said as he stood up and approached Historia slowly. She blushed a deep crimson as he approached.

"Oh Eren..." she said with a sigh. "What am I going to do with you? I thought you were going to help me choose my dress?" 

Eren chuckled. "Fine," he said. "Could you please explain what these dresses mean..." 

Historia sat down on the bed and laid the dresses before Eren. She began to explain each one in intricate detail. "The white one simply means cleanliness, honesty, and innocence. I usually like to where this when I'm in public. It upholds my young image." 

Eren snorted, much to Historia's annoyance. "Alright, white for innocence," said Eren. "What about the purple one?" 

"Purple is usually associated with royalty. Its an expensive color, representing luxury and ambition. Usually some of the courtiers use it when talking to me." 

"And the red?" 

Historia gazed at the red dress. "A bright color, it represents excitement and strength...its the color of love." Eren couldn't help but notice the change of tone when Historia mentioned love. Did she also have feelings for him? He didn't know. 

"So," said Historia, looking at Eren. "Now that you know the colors and their meanings, can you please just help me choose a dress." 

Eren scoffed. "Alright then, my innocent queen," he said, causing Historia to blush. "I think you should choose the red dress then; you would look more powerful, especially in this meeting." 

Historia smiled at Eren, they went closer again...about to close the gap between their lips when suddenly, the door flung open. The two turned to see Sarah in front of them, a deep blush on her face. 

"Your Grace..." she said meekly. 

"Yes Sarah?" asked the queen, her face pure crimson. Eren gulped as he rubbed the back of his head. 

"The Premiere has arrived in the meeting room and so have the commanders..." 

Historia nodded. "Tell them that I am just grooming myself, I shall be there in a few minutes." 

Sarah bowed and left the room. 

"Shall I join her?" asked Eren, still blushing. 

Historia nodded and Eren quickly left the room. He quickly caught up to Sarah. The two were silent as they walked through the wide, windowed corridors of the palace. As they were neared the meeting room, Sarah stopped and hugged Eren tightly, catching Eren by surprise.