Chapter 24

It was quite quiet in the top floor of the Mitras Palace, not in a usual sense but it was quite different than the noise it made a few hours ago. Eren was calmly sitting behind his desk, studying even more bloody laws that could make anyone's nose bleed. Eren yawned as he read a book on law and finance, how in hell's name did Historia ever learn all this? 

Suddenly, he heard a voice disrupt his reading "You seem bored Erenou." Eren looked up to see Pieck smiling softly at him. 

"Hello Pieck," said Eren. "Erenou? Is that my nickname?" 

"I always called people funny nicknames," said Pieck smiling as she walked towards his desk and sat on it. "I called one of my best friends Pock, he hated it..." 

Eren noticed the sadness in her eyes when she said the name, it must have been someone close. "Is this friend of yours dead?" 

Pieck looked down in sadness. "No... but he is due to die soon, he is Porco Galliard, the jaw titan." 

Eren's eyes widened as he rubbed her back in comfort. "I'm sorry, he must be very close." 

"Zeke and I gave him a choice, to join the rebellion or die, his belief that you were the devils island was still strong, we had to fight him..." 

Tears began to fall from her eyes but she wiped them and smiled weakly. "Look at me, crying over someone I used to love, I really am weak." 

"No you're not," said Eren firmly. "You gave him a choice, he decided and paid the price." 

"Thanks Erenou, you really reminded me of your brother when I fell in love with him," said Pieck smiling. 

"I am quite curious," said Eren. "When did you fall in love with Zeke?" 

"During the rebellion, of all of the warriors, I was the only one who joined Zeke. I have always had a crush on your brother but he was older than me. When he told me about the coup, I joined him and slowly, we began to move closer and closer together. We fought against Marleyan soldiers with Theo Magath and tried persuading the other warriors but they refused to be swayed. In the last battle of the coup, Zeke ate the war hammer and had thirteen years added to his life, I ate the armored titan and had to kill some of the warriors, especially Gabby and Falco." 

"And Porco?" 

"Zeke knew you had a few years left, so he kidnapped him and held him prisoner, keeping him guarded to make sure he didn't transform. He's just waiting for you to go and eat him to inherit the thirteen years..." 

By the time she stopped, tears began to flow from her eyes. Eren stood from his chair and embraced her tightly, in her past few days there, Eren had seen her as a funny sister figure someone he could depend on to brighten the day. 

"I'm sorry..." said Eren as they broke the embrace. 

"No its alright, you really helped me get it out of my system..." 

"Thats good to know," Eren chuckled. 

Both began to laugh heartily until they heard a hard knock at the door. Eren stood up and headed for the door. As soon as he opened it, he felt a strong pain in his face as someone punched him really hard. Blood spurted from his nose and mouth as he fell to the ground. 

"YOU'RE GONNA PAY YEAGER!" Eren looked up to see a livid Jean. (PLAY SONG HERE) 

*******

"Jean control yourself!" reprimanded Armin as he entered. 

Eren groaned in pain, steam slowly began to erupt from him to heal the wound Jean inflicted. Damn, Jean's gotten stronger. Pieck immediately went to Eren's side and helped him up.