Chapter 28

The hour had passed and the sounds of horses galloping on the stone pavements, footsteps could be heard trotting on the hard wooden ground and heading quickly towards the military meeting room to where the queen wanted to meet them to discuss the released titan from the Marleyan boat. The branch commanders opened the doors to the room and quickly walked in. 

Seated on the front, on her throne was the queen, looking regal as the sun shined on her, making her glow. To her side was another throne, this time sitting was Zeke, wearing his white uniform and red sash. On his right side was Pieck, wearing not a dress, but a military uniform. Shockingly, they saw on Historia's right, Eren Yeager, looking serene as he too wore a Marleyan white uniform but only wore a blue sash and had a golden blade hanging from his side. 

"Ah, Commanders, good day," greeted Historia with a bright smile. "Please, pray be seated, we have much to discuss and little time to do so." 

The commanders nodded and quickly made their ways to their seats. The royal protection squad entered after the generals and soon sat in their respective seats. Some were quite surprised not to see their captain, Mikasa, that was to be expected given the situation she was in. Mutters and whispers filled the room, some filled with fears. 

Historia cleared her throat, causing the room to silence. "Commander Levi, what is the current situation?" she asked, her face grave. 

"Not good," said Levi, bringing out a paper. "Many of the scouts sighted it but it is as unforgiving, destroying anything and anyone in its path with some occasional stops for some food found. As of now, I can only report the deaths of 15 of my soldiers, some crushed underfoot and some by rubble." 

Historia looked down, more deaths, more destruction. It had to stop, then and now. "Now that we know the situation, I think we know what to do." 

"What shall we do, your majesty?" asked Dok, whose face was one of fear. 

"What we've always done for the past few years," said Historia. "We're gonna beat ourselves a titan."

"How do we do that, Historia?" asked Commander Pixis, who was actually retiring in a few months. "Do we even have trained men and women to deal with titans?" 

"Yes, it has been years now since we've had to use the maneuver gear," said Dok. "Some of our soldiers had lost their muscle memory of the gear." 

"That is right," said the Premiere. "many of our soldiers have now been suited for a more human military, we've not been dealing with titans for so long." 

Historia sighed. "Then what do we do now?" 

Armin then stood up, causing the whole room to look at him. "Your Majesty, if I may." 

Historia nodded and motioned for him to continue. 

"We could go and face this jaw titan," he said as he motioned to the squad. "We are still skilled enough when it comes to maneuver combat and we could bring Eren here with us as well. With all that, we can expect to defeat him, given that he is weak." 

He then looked at the commanders. "If possible, we would like to bring with us those who are skilled enough to fight." 

"That sounds like a wonderful idea, Armin," said the Queen with a firm nod. "If that is-" 

Suddenly, a red haired man stood up from beside Commander Dok. The sound of his chair screeching and falling echoed around the room. He was an attractive enough youth with a weird circle forming on the front of his hair. His face was a wrinkled scowl, a scowl so repulsive that it one could look away from it from risking being blind as his expression made his face look like an ogre. He was Floch Forster, the only one surviving survey corps from the mission in Shinganshina.