Part Thirty

Over the years Remus had become accustomed to many rude awakenings. He be woken countless time with his friends jumping onto his bed. He be woken to the curtains on his four poster on fire. He be woken by James flying his broom into his dormitory. Even if he awoke and all the boys were still asleep the room would be filled with snores, and the rustling of sheets.

So when he woke up alone in a quiet hospital wing he knew he should be grateful. Remus was the only Marauder who occasionally needed time by himself. He was pretty sure if James and Sirius spent every moment of their life's together they would be perfectly happy, and Peter was so afraid of being left out that he spent all his alone time wondering where his friends were. Remus on the other hand would from time to time say he was heading to the library and just walk. Living at Hogwarts meant these moments were few and far between and he learned to value them.

It had been a perfectly fine full moon. But he'd still needed to sleep off the tiredness. He had told his friends to enjoy Hogsmeade without him. James had asked Lily Evans out of habit. Peter had been whining that he had no date and asking which girls might go with him. James had casually turned to Lily and said "Evans fancy a butterbeer with me at this weekend?" Like he had 100's of times. When she said fine, he hadn't even noticed. It had taken a full 2 minutes before he turned back and went "wait what". James hadn't needed a lot of persuading, once Lily said she'd go with him he was basically ready to go.

It only took moments for Remus to get lonely. Maybe it was the thought of his friends all enjoying butterbeer's at the Three Broomsticks without him. Maybe it was because it was the day after Valentines day and he had found the whole day quite lonely. He had avoided Sirius as much as he could because he figured friends defiently didn't make out on Valentines day. So he'd spent the whole day watching James and Lily awkwardly and very nervously flirt with each other.

The loneliness had barely set in when the curtain around the bed whipped open.

"Oh good you're up" Sirius Black said walking in with a plate with a small mountain of food on it "Got you this figured you be hungry." He said passing the plate over to Remus who took it gladly.

"Thanks" he muttered blushing slightly. It was so familiar of Sirius to this. He knew Remus would be hungry after a full moon so he brought him food. He knew Remus was picky so each piece of food was one of his favourites. He must have broken into the kitchens for because there is no way they served chocolate cover strawberries, toast with lemon curd, and a roast beef sandwhich for lunch.

Sirius collapse into the chair next to the bed propping his feet up on the end. He looked happy and relax which was such a Sirius Black way of being that it turned Remus' gut. A large grey sweater of Remus hung off Sirius frame. In Sirius mind all of their clothing had become a shared closet when he left his clothing at the Potter's. And Remus would admit it but seeing Sirius in his sweaters sent tingles up and down his spin.

"What are you doing Padfoot?" Remus asked between mouthfuls.

"Breathing, sitting, currently talking" Sirius said in a way that would have been koi if he hadn't made the same joke before. "I'm quite the multitasker."

"This is the second Hogsmeade trip you've blown off this year" Remus said "I told you to go"

"Yes because I really wanted to watch James and Lily make eyes all day." Sirius replied clearly trying to make it seem casual, but Remus knew there was more than that. 

"You could have gone with Pete or Mary or Marlene." Remus said "Gone to Zonkos or the three broomsticks."

"Wow really trying to get rid of me eh Moony?" Sirius said smiling but he did look a little hurt.