Part Fifteen

"I can't believe you suggested we sneak around" Sirius said following closely behind Remus as they walked through a secret passage way "you!"

"I'm not nearly as much of a goody two shoes as you make me out to be" Remus said glancing behind him and smiling at Sirius "just less of an idiot"

"Hey" Sirius objected but when Remus glanced back at him he smirked at him letting him know he doesn't really take offence.

They reached the end of the passage and paused as Remus pulled out the map. As Remus scanned the map making sure there was no one in the hallway, Sirius peered at Remus. The light from Remus wand was dim, and danced across his face making his already soft features seem softer. Suddenly he realized Remus had stopped looking at the map and was looking at him now too. Sirius wasnt even sure why did it, but he leant forward stood on his toes and kissed Remus quickly. Just a peck, quickly and then he pulled away admiring the shock look on Remus' face.

"Umm" Remus said blushing and glancing down at the map again "I uh think we are good. No one is out there"

Sirius smiled and nodded, letting Remus lead the way out into the hallway. Remus was right and the hallway was complete empty, it would have been spooky if it weren't for Remus' warm presence next to him as they hurried along the hallway. They started climbing the stairs up to there final location. Finally Remus pushed open the hatched and climbed out on to the top of the Astronomy tower, and Sirius followed closely.

"Why here?" Sirius asked walking to the edge of the tower and looking out over the grounds. The lights from the castle put a small glow over the grounds that was gone by the Forrest, which was dark and looming. Sirius felt Remus come and stand next to him.

"I like it here" Remus said quietly. "Plus I know you never pay attention in Astronomy class, and I wanted to show you something."

Remus placed a gentle hand on Sirius back and lead him back to the centre of the small tower. Remus laid down one of his arms extended. Sirius lay next to him letting the extended arm wrap around him. They weren't exactly cuddling the position wasn't exactly platonic.

"So Moony" Sirius said turning slightly to look at him "What did you wanna show me?"

"This" Remus said pointing to the sky "that star you see it"

Sirius tried to follow where Remus finger was pointing pointing, but could only see a mess of stars. "Merlin Moony, you'll have to be more specific there's quite a few stars up there."

Remus chuckled a little. "Okay see that bright one there"

Sirius nodded seeing immediately the large bright star Remus was referring to.

"Okay tilt your head a little to the left, and count four stars that way."

Sirius did as he said and found the star he thought Remus was referring to.

"Okay I think I got it" Sirius said.

"And" Remus said "You know which star that is right?"

Sirius shook his head "you already told me I don't know anything about astronomy. You'll have to fill me in"

"Blimey Sirius how can you not know that star" Sirius just shrugged smiling slightly as Remus hand fiddled with the fabric of Sirius shirt "That's Seirios in Greek also know as"

"Sirius" Sirius breathed, he knew their was a star that shared his name but he'd always been so bad at astronomy that he had been able to find it.

"Yeah, Sirius it's the brightest star though it doesn't always look it cause it's too far away. I remember learning about second year. You and James were off making trouble in the back but I memorized every detail of it, cause I wanted to tell you all about it. But you didn't seem to care, went running off yelling something about jinxing Serevus' pants so they can't be pulled up"