Part Sixteen

"Elizabeth Koppen!" James exclaimed like he solved a tough riddle "From Hufflepuff for sure!"

He looked at Sirius intensely as if expecting him to admit everything. Remus had tried a couple of healing charms on the small marks
on Sirius neck in the dim light on the top of the astronomy tower. When it wouldn't come off Remus apologize for about 10 minutes nonstop as the two walked back to the common room, muttering what an idiot he was for doing this, and how sorry he was. Eventually Sirius had to shut him, turning to him in the middle of staircase. Sirius was one step up giving him a rare high advantage, he wrapped his arms around Remus neck.

"Shut up Moony, it's fine. No one will notice. Plus" Sirius said leaning closer to Remus letting the boy take on some of his weight. "I liked it"

Now however Sirius liked it slightly less. The second James noticed the mark he had been asking which possible girl it could have been. The line of questioning had lasted the whole time the boys got ready, and the whole walk to the great hall. And out of the corner of his eye he'd watched Remus' face turn from a soft pink to a deep scarlet. James had assumed that Sirius had found a girl after his detention, and as much as Sirius was glad their was no attention on Remus he also felt bad for him.

"I'm not telling you so stop asking me." Sirius said as he grabbed a piece of toast mostly just for something to do.

"Why won't you tell me. I'd tell you!" James exclaimed earning some glances from other Gryffindors.

"Yeah that's cause it would never happen to you Prongs" Sirius said with a bit more of a bite to his voice then he meant and James blushed mildly. The rest of breakfast was pretty much silent.

As the boys packed up there stuff Sirius chanced a glance at Remus. A little butterfly was set lose in his stomach when he saw the fair haired boy was already looking at him. Remus had a look of concern on his face, as if asking silently if Sirius was okay. Sirius tried his best to grin reassuringly, to calm the clearly worried boy.

The truth is last night Sirius hadn't had to fake any of his smiles. When the boys returned to the common room they found it completely empty. However the silence was welcome, as they crept up to the showers. There was a little bit of awkwardness as the two shower separately. But once they were washed and in their clothes for bed they headed to the dormitory together. The dormitory had been full of snores from the other boys when they entered. Sirius turned to Remus and whispered 'goodnight', which Remus returned with a quick kiss on the cheek before rushing to his bed shyly. Sirius did the same, collapsing into his bed and realizing how truely exhausted he was. But as sleep slowly took over his brain, Sirius couldn't help but be happy. Happy with how Remus had looked at him all night, happy with how Remus had kissed, and happy that he too had made Remus happy. Everything seemed simple. But when he woke up the next morning he realized how not simple everything was.

And that let to a slightly overwhelmed and honestly a little scared Sirius leaving the great hall. The friends parted ways here, James and Peter had a free period, while Remus had Arthematicy, and Sirius muggle studies.

"Okay well, see you later than" James said still a little awkwardly. And Sirius started to feel a little bad about snapping at him.

"Yeah well youll see my dust at practice tonight" Sirius said grinning at his best friend trying to lighten the mood "I'll beat you a box of every flavour beans I can do a lap faster then you."

James face instantly lit up at this. He was never one for holding a grudge and honestly Sirius envied that about him.

"I'd bet you my family's entire fault at Gringots vault but fine every flavoured beans" James said mockingly.