Part Twenty-Six

"We are the champions! We are the champions! No time for loser cause we are the champions!" Sirius and James sung loudly from on top of the table in the Gryffindor common room, as the rest of the house sang around them. They all knew the words now as James had brought down the record player down a half hour ago and played the Queen song nonstop to celebrate another Gryffindor team quidditch win.

Remus couldn't help but laugh as Sirius took a rather dramatic bow at the applause as the song drew to a close. The whole atmosphere of the dormitory was excited, and a little buzzed as there had been a decent amount of fire whiskey going around. Remus was starting to suspect James and Sirius had learned to brew their own since he doubted they had been able to sneak that much in. Sirius and James had been the Center of attention for hours. James had caught the snitch early in the game making it an easy win. The only reason he was able to do so though was a tricky move made my Sirius that had blocked the Ravenclaw seeker from grabbing it first. So as they hoped off the table and walked over to Remus they looked absolutely glowing with joy.

"Another drink Moony?" James said passing him yet another bottle of fire whisky. Which he took gladly. The tone of Hogwarts had been very different that morning, as the Daily Prophet had arrived with news of more Muggle Borns being killed. There had been talk about canceling the game but Dumbledore had stood up and given a speech about continuing on, and not letting the darkness define them. So the game had went on, but the weight of the news was still amongst all of them.

He passed the bottle to Sirius who also took a big gulp. He was looking very glassy eyed the alcohol clearly having an effect on him.

"I can't believe you showed them Queen. I love Queen" Lily said as she wandered over taking the bottle from Sirius and taking a big swig "and now all the incisive singing has really ruined it for me"

Lily's voice was the teasing but caring tone that she seem to reserve for the Mauarders and the smile plastered on her face made it clear she was enjoying the night. Remus had sat next to her during the game and saw how invested she was. As James had swooped to catch the snitch she grabbed Remus' hand in nervous anticipation, and when the ground roared with applause Lily jumped as high as anyone.

"Oh come off it Evans, you know we are amazing" Sirius said and James nodded enthusiastically. "Prongs and I are starting our on Muggle choir. Teach Hogwarts all of These Muggle tunes. Get ready to hear us running around the hallways singing every night."

"I blame this on you" Lily said at Remus.

"Yeah sorry." Remus Said mildly at the same time Sirius leant against him unstable from all the drinks, and Remus had to wrap an arm around him to support him.

"Pete fell asleep" James said pointing over to Peter curled up on a chair by the window "poor guy all the excitement must have tuckered him out. Shall we draw on him?"

"James I'm disappointed in you" Lily said with a grin "drawing on him is way too boring. I thought you were better than that."

"Oh is that a challenge!" James replied with a shit eating grin. "We could shave his head!"

Remus laughed though he knew it was an absolutely a terrible idea. However falling asleep in the common room had lead each Marauder to being vandalized in some way. Sirius once lost an eye brow. James had his glasses stolen, and when they were eventually returned to him they were enchanted so the wear would be reading 'ever tried having good eye sight loser'. Remus had more then once woken up with a large stack of books piled on his head. They had all eventually learned to only fall asleep in their four posters which had unspokenly become off limits to pranks. Since Peter had clearly forgotten, it seemed the others had no choice.