Part Twenty-Five

Sirius was almost asleep his head drooping on his hand in the library. James had detention and Sirius hadn't much wanted to be alone. So he flowed Remus to the library like a lost puppy with no intention of actually studying. The first couple of hours went by pretty quick. He'd spent most of the time annoying Remus. He'd enchanted the quill Remus went with to go 'ouch' each time he put it on the paper. Once Remus switch quills he just started to flick his wand every 30 seconds or so and make Remus homework jump from side to side. Then he returned to an old favourite of asking Remus pointless and unknowable questions.

"What do you think would happen if you sneezed and your kidney came out of your mouth?"

"Which professor at Hogwarts do you think has the longest nose hair?"

"How many ways are there to skin a cat?"

When finally Remus told him to shut up or he'd shave his head while he sleep, he decided to see how many laps of the library he could do as a big shaggy dog before anyone noticed. He made it four, and then a third year Slytherin screamed that they'd seen a monster lurking behind one of the shelves and he had to stop. Remus Said he needed 10 more minutes to finish he essay, which was already a piece of parachment over the maximum. So Sirius resigned to sit in a chair across from him and watch a candle slowly burn down. He felt his eyes starting to slip shut. When suddenly he heard a loud bang as books slammed down in front of him. He jolted awake and stared up in shock at his cousin Bellatrix and Lucy.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Bellatrix said in a dangerous voice leaning over the table at Sirius "Do you know how much trouble you've caused."

"What are you on about Bella?" Sirius said stretching and leaning back in his chair. He smirked at how annoyed she looked at being called Bella.

"Lucy asked you to do a simple favour and you couldn't even do that." She spat Lucy was standing slightly behind her looking embarrassed but also not stopping her.

"And it's funny cause if memory serves I did that favour." Sirius said keeping his voice calm knowing that it would enrage Bellatrix more.

"Really? Cause how was telling everyone you are a queer helping?" She wasn't blinking as she stared him.

Gryffindor might be brave but they aren't know for being discreet. So Sirius' news made it around campus fast. It wasn't like what happened with Remus though. Sirius knew it was coming and walked into it willingly. The school also seemed to find it less interesting possibly cause it didn't happen in the great hall in front of everyone. James said it was because none of the girls at the school would have ever dated him anyways, but Sirius had accumulated quite a few notes from different guys across the school, asking if he wanted to meet for late night walks. He'd consider going and having some fun but he knew he couldn't even if he wasn't able to pin point exactly why. And if his eyes lingered on Remus as he tossed the notes in the trash no one would know.

"How does any of that effect you Bella?" Sirius said yawning to show how uninterested he was in anything she had to say.

"Now everyone is talking again." Bellatrix whispered, since him and Remus were sitting across from each other, she stood at the end of the table between them both, but as she whispered she lent across the table to Sirius. Her mind seemed to be unraveling right in front of them. Like she had never seemed completely sane but as she stared at him her hair wild, face distraught, and demenor angry, she looked as though her sanity was slipping away.

"It's just" Lucy interjected for the first time "Holly Keir just asked me how it was we dated right before you came out and I didn't know. Thought maybe all of us should just get our story straight."