Part Thirteen

"Just cause your some big Quidditch champ doesn't mean you don't have to help with our potion." Remus said glancing over at where Sirius was lounging on top of a nearby table.

"It actually does. I told you didn't know anything about Quidditch. It's in the rule book if you win a game your nerdiest friend has to finish your potion for you." Sirius replied with a smirk.

The two were hauled up in the dungeon trying to finish a potion. Usually all potions where done during class but Sirius had successfully derailed their potion by 'accidentally' tipping it over on Serevus as he walked by. Instead of detention Slughorn had told the two of them they had to make the potion over the weekend. So despite the fact Sirius felt that the day after his big Quidditch win should be spent relaxing, possibly doing something to intimate the Hufflepuff team who they'd be playing next, Remus has dragged him down here to finish his potion.

Remus watched as Sirius sat up and started reading their potions textbook.

"God why do we even have to make this potion. It's got 8 toad legs in it, who'd want to drink that." Sirius said "plus it's freezing in here."

"Put a sweater on." Remus said not looking up as he continued to chop up ingredients into a fine powder.

"Didn't bring one. You dragged me down here right after breakfast I didn't have any time." Sirius complained.

"I knew if I gave you and James too much time together you'd get distracted and I'd never get you to come" Remus said but he stopped cutting and walked over to his bag where he fished out a gray sweater and tossed it Sirius who caught it easily "I always carry an extra one since Peter manages to spill on me as well half the time."

He watched out of the corner of his eye as Sirius pulled the sweater over his head of curls. It was big on Remus so on Sirius' smaller frame it was way too large. Remus couldn't contain a smile as he watched Sirius bunch the fabric up in his hands. Though Remus was trying with all his might not to stare openly at Sirius he could have sworn he saw and small smile and soft blush on Sirius face as he wrapped himself in Remus' sweatshirt.

Remus spent a lot of his time telling himself he was imagining things though, so he told himself that he had imagined the look on Sirius face. It was undeniable there relationship was changing. There group of friends had always been just that a group. Sirius and James had always had their inseparable brotherly bond but besides that the Marauders were always together as a group. But in the last couple of weeks Remus and Sirius had had some moments with just them. Most of them small and fleeting but they seemed to linger in Remus mind. And he couldn't help but wonder is they lingered in Sirius' as well. Remus was sure he had caught Sirius staring at him a couple of times. Sirius was surrounded by people the whole party, after the Gryffindors Quidditch win, but multiple times he shrugged them off to talk quietly with Remus. The two had ended the night cuddle together on the small ledge sharing a joint.

Remus walked over the supply cupboard to get some more supplies when he heard Sirius uncharacteristically soft voice ask him a question.

"How did you know you liked boys?"

The next sounds that filled the dungeon was a loud crash as Remus dropped a glass vile. Remus muttered a curse before pulling out his wand and fixing the vile. Since the day by the lake his friends had not mentioned his sexuality once, and Remus honestly enjoyed it. He knew his friends accepted him and that they wouldn't be uncomfortable if he brought it up, but he felt no need too.

"I don't know" Remus said wandering back to the cauldron. "It took time I guess"

"Like how long?" Sirius said still avoiding eye contact but gaining a little confidence as he spoke.