Part Six

When Remus woke up it was to a sharp pain in his left side. He kept his eyes closed for a minute not in any rush to deal with the ramification of the full moon last night. He knew he was in the hospital wing since the surface below him was far too comfortable to be the floor of the Shreiking Shack. Remus could remember very little of the night before. He could however hear James, and Peter argueing somewhere nearby, something about Peter playing an unfair move in wizard chess.

"He wasn't cheating Prongs, you are just a sore loser." Remus muttered.

"You're awake!" James said as Remus slowly opened his eyes and glanced around. It was clearly morning with the sun streaming in from the large windows at the far end of the room. "You are also wrong."

"What time is it?"Remus asked looking down at his own body. His friends always dressed him after he changed back, before they took him up to the hospital wing. It embrassed him slightly but after they had watch him tear into another spieces he supposed it wasn't that bad. So he wore a soft gray sweater, and sweats. He slightly lifted his shirt to see a large gash running down his side.

"About 10:30" Sirius said examing the cut himself.

"10:30! You guys should be in class" Remus said.

"Right" James said ruffling his hair slightly "We never miss class, what an atrocity."

"You'll get behind cause of me." Remus said looking down feeling guiltly.

"Because of you!" Sirius said "We are already miles behind Moony, not everything is about you."

The scarcasm in his tone was clear, and his smile made Remus feel slightly better. Suddenly the large doors at the other end of his room swung open, and all eyes shot to see how was entering the hospital wing. Remus realized with a twist in his gut that it was Lukas. His face was panic striken, and he glanced around wildly before his eyes landed on Remus.

Remus had not yet told Lukas about his 'fury little secret' and was not sure he ever would. He hadn't even told his friends, they had merely figured it out on their own. The idea of volunteering that information to someone was far to scary to even consider.

"What is going on?" He said making a b-line to Remus' bed without even glancing at the others "Rebecca Lincon gets burned by a couldron and she comes back saying she saw Remus Lupin looking pretty bad off in the hospital wing."

"You should be in class." Remus said avoiding eye contact.

"What the hell happened Remmy?" Lukas said ignoring Remus comment.

Peter leaned over to James and said "Who is this guy."

Clearly it was suppose to be quiet but it wasn't and everyone turned to look at him.

"He has a point" Sirius muttered "Like what are you doing here man?"

Lukas looked him with a glare, but before he could speak Remus cut in.

"Just head to class guys." Remus said clearly exhuasted both by the conversation, and the fact he didn't get any sleep. "I'll see in you in the dorms tonight."

All the boys hesistated for a minute, James, and Peter looked at Remus to make sure this what he really wanted. Sirius on the other hand kept glaring at Lukas, while Lukas returned with daggers. Eventually James, and Peter seemed to sense that Remus really did want them to leave so they began to gather their things.

"Lets go Padfoot" James said clamping Sirius on the shoulder so he finally looked away. In a huff Sirius gathered his things as well, and the three got up to leave.

"See you back at in the dorms Moony" Sirius said giving him one last look.

"Moony?" Lukas said as the door closed behind the three Gryffindors.

"It's just a nickname." Remus said "We've all had them since third year."

"You a big fan of the moon?" Lukas asked eyebrows raised.

"Something like that" Remus muttered darkly.

"You gonna tell me why the hell you are in the hospital wing?" Lukas said "And why I had to hear about from some nosy Slytherins."

"I am fine" Remus said as he let Lukas reach across and take his hand "Really totally fine. I'll be out of here tonight."

"Is it your idiot friends fault?" Lukas said glancing back at the door from which James, Peter, and Sirius' had exited through.

"Definately not, and they aren't idiots. They could have saved my life last night." Remus said, confused and annoyed with the way Lukas was speaking of his friends.

"What do you mean could have?" Lukas asked.

"Just drop it." Remus said moving his hand away.

"Have you told them yet?" Lukas asked in an aburpted change of subject and tone as he reclined in his chair.

"No"

"Why?"

"Why do you care?" Remus said.

"Why do I care seriously Remus. Just tell them!" Lukas said annoyed.

"You do not get to choose when I am ready to tell my friends about my sexuality!" Remus exclaim moving slightly which caused him to wince at gash in his side.

"Fine!" Lukas partically yelled standing up to leave "Just go cry to Sirius Black then."