Part Fourteen

"Prongs how can you be jealous of detention" Remus said from where he sat across from Sirius in the Gryffindor common room "we have to miss the feast. I love the Halloween feast"

Remus did seem a little disappointed and Sirius knew the desserts at the Halloween feast where his favourite. But he also knew that he wasn't really upset. In fact he had never seen Remus so happy. He was surprised the other friends hadn't noticed Remus improved mood. Remus hadn't once complained about the 5 scroll Transfirguation essay they had been assigned, he had let James talk about Lily for 5 minutes straight without telling him to shut it, and this morning when Peter was talking animatedly and accidentally throw his pumpkin juice over Remus he just laughed. Even in his appearance he seemed happier, his eyes looked less tired, and his smile more genuine.

Remus had missed a day of classes midweek, because he'd been in the hospital wing. It hadn't been a terrible full moon for Remus, and Sirius had quite enjoy running through the Forrest with his friends. And and now Remus seemed as heathy and happy as ever which caused a content smile to settle on Sirius face as well.

"I just don't get why you have detention!" James said throwing his head back against the sofa he sat on, shoved in between Peter, and Sirius. He turned to look very intensely at Sirius. "If you have an idea of a way to get into trouble you tell me first, and I'll help."

"Prongs! We've been over this! We didn't mean to get detention. Moony here added a bit of bettlejuice to our potion and when it mixed with the merllap that was already in there, KABOOM!" Sirius flung his arms around at this causing Peter to jump a little "when ole Sluggy got back to see half are cauldron stuck in the ceiling he was less than happy."

"That's what I don't get though, adding bettlejuice to the potion that's a dumb mistake" James said looking intensely over at Remus "That's the kinda thing Wormtail would do"

"Hey" Peter objected mildly.

"Why would you add the totally wrong thing to the potion" James asked completely ignoring Peter and still glaring at Remus.

"I was just distracted I guess" Remus said with a blush. And Sirius could help but smirk.

He had to admit that his mood had being lifted all week as well. After their shared moment a week ago, Remus, and Sirius had only one moment alone together. During the day of classes Remus missed Sirius was just a messed, and found it pointless sitting in class when none of the information was entering his brain. He told a sceptical Professor Hamley that he was feeling unwell and needed to head to the hospital wing. When he got there Remus was awake laying in bed pushing his food around. When he looked up and saw Sirius standing in the doorway, his face lit up so much Sirius was sure his heart melted. They only got a couple of minutes, most of which Remus spent telling Sirius off for ditching class before the Matron came and told Sirius to head back to class and took 5 points from Gryffindor. Before he left Sirius summoned all his courage and placed his hand quickly over Remus' and then squeezed it gently before tell him he would see him back in the dormitory.

Though Sirius wished he had more moments alone with Remus the time away from the fair haired boy gave him space to think. James had most definitely noticed how much thinking he'd been doing. He Seem a little concerned after the sixth time he had to snap Sirius out of a trance, but he never commented on it.

The truth was Sirius had spent most of the week lost in his own thoughts. It would be impossible for him to admit he hadn't enjoyed the kiss. It had become a small ritual of Sirius' to snuggle into his bed at night, pull the sheets around him, and let his mind wander back to how it felt as Remus kissed him. But Sirius didn't know if this truely meant anything. Sure it was a nice kiss, but kissing was just nice probably... Despite his reputation around the school Sirius really hadn't had many romantic relationships of any kind. His first kiss had been at a party after a Gryffindor Quidditch win third year. And it couldn't have been more different then his kiss with Remus, he felt the girls tongue half way down his throat almost immediately, and though he wasn't an expert on kissing he was almost sure there wasn't suppose to be that much teeth. But the two of them had just been kids and it had been a first kiss. All of Sirius other connections had been brief and rather over hyped by the rest of the school, though he never made any effort to aswade them of this notion.

He looked back at Remus who had turned and was talking to Lily. A question was nagging at Sirius mind as he admired the soft way Remus arms were wrapped around his own torso. He knew if he answered the question either way it would change anything. So he stood up and told his friends they should get going, so he would linger on the question 'had he ever felt about any girl the way he felt about Remus'

At the enterance hall Remus, and Sirius said goodbye to the others as they turned to head to detention. Sirius had done enough detention to know that Slughorn usually did a couple hours of lines, and that likely he wouldn't even stay as he was a big fan of the feast.

"Hello boys!" Slughorn said rather cheerily for someone who was punishing them. "I've got lines set out for you tonight. 6 pieces of Parchment ought to do it."

Slughorn motioned to a small table in the corner of his over decorated stuffy office.

"Are you heading up to the feast Sir?" Sirius asked as him and Remus headed towards the table sitting on the same side facing Slughorn desk, where he sat in a large heavily padded chair.

Slughorn let out a chuckle that shook his belly at this reclining in his chair"clever Mr.Black thinking I'll go up to the feast and you'll be able to get out of your detention. Clever just like your brother. No I've got my own dinner already here, and a sandwich for both of you."

Slughorn pulled out a large plate of food for himself, and two small sandwiches which Remus walked over and took from him with a small thank you.

"I enjoy the food at the feast but it's a bit nosy for me. I'm happy down here tonight." He said and waved his wand lazily and a piece of paper flew over to the boys. It seemed to contained the proper ingredients for the potion they failed to make last weekend. "Write this it might help you remember."

The two boys nodded and started to write the words over and over again. As Sirius was just adding the final e to spider eye he felt something against his foot. He realize Remus' foot was gently touching his. At first Sirius thought this was an accident but didn't dare move his foot incase Remus would flinch away. But as the seconds turned into minutes and the pressure on his foot increased slightly he realized it was no accident. As he finished his first piece of parchment he felt Remus foot move and momentarily missed its presence, before he felt it again as Remus wrapped his ankle around Sirius, their feet swinging a little.

Sirius felt his face warm as he blushed. He looked out the corner of his eye at Remus who wasn't blushing but he was smirking down at his notes. Throughout the detention the two of them seemed to move closer to each other, without even noticing. It was like a magnetic pull. By the time they finished the scrolls their chairs where right next to each other, there thighs pressed together, and each time they started a new line their arms rubbed touched.

"Excuse me Sir?" Remus said breaking the silence that had been hanging in the room for the last couple hours. Slughorn looked up from the daily prophet and smiled at them. "We are done."

"Ah great work boys bring them here." Slughorn said.

The two Brought them over and Slughorn took it and looked over them. Checking they had actually completed the task.

"Okay, this all looks good." Slughorn said "You can go, but straight back to your dormitory, it's late."

The two nodded and wished their professor a good night and headed into the hallway. The castle of quiet, but the Halloween decorations were still up. Remus stopped him right before Sirius started up the stairs to Gryffindor tower.

"Fancy an adventure" he said smirking and pulling out the Map.