Another Baby?

(4 weeks later)
I was sitting at my vanity finishing up my makeup. I normally didn't wear a lot of makeup. I only ever wore neutral colored eyeshadow with mascara. Tonight though I used foundation to cover the dark spots under my eyes. I was working overnight tonight.
"You know you don't need makeup to be pretty." Jay said coming up behind me.
"Your beautiful without it."
"Maybe in your eyes. Besides it's only a little eyeshadow and mascara."
"Your still beautiful." He said kissing my temple.
"And you still suck at tying ties." I got up and faced him to fix it.
"Thank you."
"Of course. Here you go detective." I said handing him his formal hat off the dresser.
"Have fun at the police gala." Tonight there was some kind of gala for a charity event that involved CPD.
"Have fun at work."
"Well technically I can't even leave yet because the babysitter isn't here yet."
I heard the doorbell ring.
"She is now." He said smirking.
I followed him downstairs to open the door.
"Hi Kelsey, come in." She walked through the door.
"You know where the food and the dog food is. Call Sophia first if anything happens, and if she doesn't answer call me. I won't be back till late. Sophia won't be home at all tonight."
"Alright, I have both of your numbers."
"Alright."
"Bye Ben!" I yelled over to him. He was sitting on the couch watching tv.
"Bye Mommy, bye Daddy." He said running over to us. He's too short to reach us so he pulled both of our legs into a hug. Jay picked him up.
"Behave for the babysitter please Ben."
"I will mom."
"Mommy and Daddy love you." Jay said placing him down on the ground.
"I love you too." He said before running over to the couch. I have to say for a 3 year old he can speak very well. I grabbed my car keys and my duffel bag and followed Jay outside. He was blocking me in.
"Bye. Love you."
"Love you too." He pecked my lips before getting in his truck and pulling out of the driveway.
I pulled out not long after.
I walked into the firehouse and sat down at the table.
"You have to give me the number of your babysitter." Stella said sitting down next to me.
"Why is that? I thought my mom babysits the girls?"
"She does but then she stays after we get home and no offense but she is just."
"Annoying?" I asked finishing her sentence.
"Yeah."
"Yeah that's exactly why Jay and I got an actual babysitter. Here's her number. I'll tell her to expect a call from you." I said sliding her my phone so she could put the number into her own.
"Thank you, you are a lifesaver."
I laughed.

A couple hours later (9 pm.)
"Hey guys look at this!" Hermann yelled from where he was sitting on the couch with Mouch.
I walked over to see that the news was playing. A bomb had exploded at the Gala.
Fear washed over me.
"Halstead you ok?"
"Jays there."
I dialed his number hoping he would pick up. Straight to voicemail.
Not even a minute later the bells went off with the address of the police gala.
I threw my phone on the couch and ran out to the rigs.
It didn't take long to drive to the gala but when we got there it was a terrifying scene. The building was half crumbled. Thankfully there was still a way for first responders to get in.
We were definitely not the first firehouse there. There was already what had to be at least 3 fire houses with more pulling up behind us.
We all got out of the rigs and followed Chief Boden to where other first responders were. Everyone crowded around the fire commissioner.
"Alright people this is gonna be a long night. There was at least 500 maybe more police officers in there. Squads and Trucks I want all of you on search and rescue. Engines put out the fires. Everyone goes home tonight. Go."
I glanced over and saw more ambulances piling in. One caught my attention. I saw Will jump out. I ran over to him.
"What are you doing here?"
"A lot of these injuries are gonna be head traumas meaning a lot of them won't make it in an ambulance. They sent a team of doctors from all the neighboring hospitals out." He caught on too why I looked like a ghost pretty quickly
"Jays in there isn't he?"
I nodded.
"I'm gonna find him and get him out."
"I know you will. Stay safe in there."
"I will."
"Halstead let's go!" Casey yelled over. I ran over to where everyone from Truck 81 and Squad 3 along with another house stood.
"Everyone gos in pairs of two."
I nodded as Casey assigned pairs. I was paired with a younger girl from a different house.
"I'm Grace Jennings. What's your name?" She asked me before we went in.
"Sophia Halstead."
"Halstead, I know that name."
"You might know my husband Detective Jay Halstead, or my brother in law Doctor Will Halstead."
"I know the doctor. Is your husband in there?"
I nodded.
"We'll find him."
"I know."
"Alright everyone comes out of this alive! Save who you can! Keep your radios on!"
"Come on." I said leading Grace into the building.
"Fire Department call out!" I yelled. So far everyone I saw was stuck under rubble or dead, unfortunately the ones who were dead were the ones who were stuck under the rubble. I kept a close eye out for Jay.
"Help!"
"Jennings over there!" I yelled pointing to two people who were walking.
As we got closer I noticed who they were.
"Trudy! Hailey!" I ran over to them.
"Are you guys ok?"
"Yeah we're good Trudy's worse than I am." I moved the jacket she was holding up to her head away to see a huge gash on her forehead.
"How is everyone else?" Trudy asked.
"So far, you guys are the only ones who were found alive. At least in this part of the building."
"Well there's more people alive back there I can take you guys there." Hailey said pointing back.
I nodded and looked around for other firefighters. I found two young guys.
"Hey!" I shouted over to them.
"Take her outside!"
"But we're looking for people."
"Both of you are rookies and new on the job I know that cause I heard my captain say it. I've been working this job for almost 8 years. That was an order. Take her outside."
They sighed and brought Trudy out.
"Alright follow me."
"Hailey have you seen Jay?"
"Yeah he's back here with Kim and Adam. He's alright."
"Oh thank god."
I heard my radio come to life.
"Hold on." I said stopping so we could here it.
"All units get out of the building now! Another bomb has been found in the building. Bomb Squad isn't gonna make it here in time."
"I'm not leaving Jay." I stated.
"Me neither."
"Well if your not leaving neither am I." Grace said. We kept going forward but we didn't make it far before the bomb went off. I fell to the ground before everything went black.

(Jays Pov)
I opened my eyes to the sound of ringing in my ears. It hit me. Whoever set the bombs off wanted to kill the police first and then the first responders. Suddenly I remembered Sophia was a first responder. I pulled my emergency contacts up and scrolled to the name that said "Sophia Halstead" It rang and went to voicemail.
"Damn it!"
"What's the matter man?" Adam asked me pulling me out of my thoughts.
"I just tried Sophia. No answer."
"Jay I'm sure she's fine, she's got her brother to protect her. Are you ok?" Kim asked.
"Yeah I'm fine, you guys good?"
They both nodded.
"Everyone else here is ok as well." Kim added
"Alright, we gotta get out of here." I announced.
"No luck with that one. We're gonna have to wait till the firefighters get here. Every exit is blocked by cement."
"Are you sure?" I asked trying to open the door.
"We tried Jay."
"I have to get to her."
"Jay, Hailey and Trudy went to find her she'll be alright."
"Yeah your right she'll be alright." I said trying to convince myself mor than them.

(Sophias Pov)
"Sophia come on you gotta wake up." I felt someone shaking me. I realized it was Hailey.
"Ugh."
"Hey you ok?" She grabbed my hand and pulled me up.
"Yeah I'm good are you?"
She nodded.
"Where's Grace!" I said looking for her.
"Grace!"
"Over here!"
I followed the sound of her voice to where she was laying under cement.
"My leg is stuck."
"Hailey help me lift this." Hailey grabbed one side while I grabbed the other. We couldn't get it off her.
"Damn it! It's too heavy."
"Grace can you feel your leg?"
She nodded.
"That's great."
I didn't see any other firefighters.
"Help!" I yelled hoping someone would hear.
"Fire department call out!" I knew that voice. It was Kelly.
"Help!" I yelled. I saw Kelly, Casey, Gallo, Otis, and Cruz come around the corner.
"Sophia?"
"Over here help!"
They ran over. Kelly instantly engulfed me in a hug.
"Are you hurt?" Kelly said rubbing his gloved hand over my forehead. I noticed blood came off my head and onto his glove. I knew I didn't have my helmet on. I figured it fell off after I fell but I guess it fell off when I fell.
"I'll be alright."
"You need stitches."
"Kelly I'm fine. We need to help Grace. She's got cement on her leg and it's too heavy for Hailey and I to lift." I said before grabbing my helmet off the ground and placing it back on my head.
"Alright." I watched them lift it off her leg.
"It's broken, your not gonna be able to walk. Gallo carry her out." Matt ordered.
"Alright come on guys we gotta get out of here before the building collapses." Kelly said.
"I'm not leaving."
"Like hell your not. I'm your commanding Captain. It's an order." Casey said.
"There's police officers who are alive. That's where we were going. Jay is in that room. Please."
"How many officers?" Kelly asked Hailey.
"3 maybe 4 dozen, along with Kim, Jay, and Adam. They were all alive without injuries."
"Matt please."
"Do any of them have radios?" Cruz asked.
"There's patrol officers in there so yeah."
"Let's try to get onto the main line. We can see if they're alive, if they are we'll get them. If not we leave. Deal?" Casey asked.
Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.
"Sophia you need to be extremely careful. Ben doesn't need to lose both his parents in the same day." Kelly warned.
"Well good thing he isn't losing either of his parents at all today." I said in response. I watched while Casey and Hailey fiddled with my radio.
"Hey we got it to work come on."
"This is firehouse 51, please respond."
Nothing.
"If you can hear this please respond."
Still nothing.
"One last time please respond."
Nothing.
I grabbed my radio.
"Jay please."
Dead silence.
"No!"
Suddenly I heard the radio come to life again
"Is anyone there?"
"We're here."
"Hailey knows where we are, all the exits are covered in cement we can't get out."
"We're on our way."
I turned my radio back over so the first responders outside would here it.
"We got a bunch of officers trapped in a room behind cement. They're all alive we need all hands on deck." Casey said into the radio.
"There's an exit outside. We can get the fire trucks back there and get them out."
"You heard her! Move!"
We followed Hailey back to the room.
"We're not gonna be able to get in there from out here. We're gonna have to wait." I looked around to see if there was any way I could get in. I found one. I took off my jacket and my air tank.
"What the hell are you doing?" Kelly asked.
"There's a hole in the cement that I can fit through to get in."
"That's dangerous!"
"My husband is in there, and if you think I'm not gonna do everything in my ability to save him then your on crack." I said before putting my radio back over my chest. I slipped my gloves back on and grabbed onto the the cement.
"Sophia I outrank you! That's an order! Get back out here!" Kelly shouted to me. I turned my flashlight on and put in my mouth so I could see as I pulled myself through the opening.
"Sophia!"
I jumped off the cement making sure I wouldn't fall.
"Fire Department call out!" I yelled after taking the flashlight out of my mouth.
"In here!" I heard what sounded like Jay yell.
"I'm coming!" I yelled. I ran up to where more cement had fallen down. Thankfully there was another hole that I could fit through. I put the flashlight in my mouth and climbed through that hole too. It was a tighter squeeze but I still got through. Jay ran over to me as soon as he saw me. He helped me down and once I was on the ground I placed a loving kiss on his lips followed by a hug.
"Thank God your alive."
"I could say the same about you." I saw his eyes go up to the cut on my forehead.
"I'm alright." He nodded.
"Is everyone down here still alive?" I asked.
"Yeah but Adam looks like his shoulder popped out of place." I handed Jay my flashlight.
"Sit." I ordered Adam to sit on the ground.
"Could you shine the flashlight over here Jay." He nodded and shined it at us.
"This is gonna hurt like a bitch."
"Just do it."
"On the count of 3. Ready. 1,2" Before I could get to 3 I popped his shoulder back into place.
"Son of a bitch!"
"Told you."
"Everyone in here is still alive Kelly." I said into my radio.
"Alright whoever can fit through that hole send them out."
I helped Kim through it first so she could help everyone else. About half the people in the room could fit through. Almost none of the men could.
"Alright that's all of them Kelly? How's it going moving the cement away from the door?"
"They're doing fine, it's gonna be a while though. I suggest you settle in." So that's what I did I sat down next to Jay and waited.

(many hours later)
"Hey man what time is it?" Adam asked.
Jay checked his phone.
"3 a.m."
"What is taking so long?" Kim asked, she was the only woman to stay behind. She said it was because we would need help but in reality I think it was because Adam couldn't fit through the whole.
"It takes time to move cement, not only is it heavy as hell but one wrong block and this whole building comes crashing down. Also we aren't the only ones stuck in the building." I answered.

(another hour later)
I was starting to fall asleep. I was supposed to be home in bed by now but now some asshole thought it would be a great idea to blow up a police gala... twice. I heard a weird sound coming from the door. I stood up followed by Jay. I saw the door open and then Kelly come through.
"Come on let's get you guys out of here." We helped everyone up and out of the room.
"I think this belongs to you." Stella said handing me my coat and oxygen tank before going to get the rest of the officers.
"Sophia go get checked out." Boden said to me.
"In all respect chief, you need all the hands you can get. I only need a couple stitches. I'll be fine."
"Are you disobeying the third direct order you've been given today?"
"Maybe I am." I said going back into the building.

(many more hours later; 11pm)
Everyone who was alive was out of the building. As soon as cops started coming out of the building hours ago the case of who done it began. No everyone was crowded around Hank Voight who said he had news to share.
"Alright everyone I'm sure your very eager to hear what I have to say. But first I wanted to honor the people we lost today. 113 police officers along with 59 firefighters won't get to go home to their families tonight. A moment of silence please." Everyone bowed their head for a minute.
"Now, as soon as I got out of that building I began working this case. We have identified the bomber as Gabriel Desmond. Thankfully he is in custody. I wanted to thank all of the first responders and police officers who assisted in the search and rescue today. All of you go home and be with your families. Thats an order."
After I walked away from there I went to find Jay.
"Come on, if I don't go to the hospital to get stitches I might get suspended."

After Jay and I both got checked out and I got the stitches I needed, we were waiting for Will to get back with our discharge papers. Will and Natalie both came in.
"Alright you are all set to go and the baby is perfectly healthy." When Will said that my head shot up.
"Baby?"
"Yes, your 2 weeks pregnant." Natalie said handing me an ultrasound.
"Oh my God." Jay and I said in unison.
"Congratulations." We filled out the papers and walked back out to Jays truck.
"We're gonna have another baby." I said in complete and utter shock.
"We are." Jay said back also in complete and utter shock.
"This is a good thing right?" I asked hoping he would say yes.
"It's a very good thing." Oh thank God.

After we drove home we ate dinner and put Ben to bed. I was currently vacuuming the rug while Jay was doing the dishes.
"Maya you shed way too damn much." I said with a laugh. I heard the doorbell ring.
"Who could be here so late?" Jay asked.
"I'm not sure, I'll see." I opened the door to be completely shocked by who was standing there.
"Skylar? What are you doing here?"