I want him home safe part 2.

(Jays pov)
"Don't send anyone else in! Suspect has a bomb! Clear the area now!" I heard Kelly say through Chief Boden's radio.
"Chief let me go in please."
"No I'm not letting a cop die on my fire ground."
"Chief in that building is my wife, my son, and my brother in law."
"Bomb squad is on the way we will get them out."
I nodded.
I heard a really loud nose and when I looked back at the building. It was on fire and starting to crumble.
"Oh no!" Chief Boden said
I choked back tears knowing that my family was in there.
"Severide report!" Chief said into his radio.
"Halstead report!"
Nothing.
"Sophia report!"
"Kelly report!"
Silence.
"No." I said.

(Kelly's pov)
"Severide report, Halstead report!"
"Kelly! Report!"
I coughed a little bit but then answered.
"I'm here Chief I'm alive."
"Oh thank god. What about Sophia and Ben?"
I went over and the sight before me terrified me. I saw Ben with tears in his eyes but he was perfectly fine Sophia covered him, but she was far from fine. She had burns on her neck which I assumed were caused by her helmet and mask falling off. There was burns on her wrists and her head was bleeding.
"No no no." I picked up Ben.
"Sophia!"
"Chief Ben is fine! Sophia made sure of that, but Sophia's not fine she has burns all over her and she's non responsive. I need assistance getting her out! Now!"
Stella, Casey, Cruz, and Otis, came in.
Stella took Ben out and Casey, Cruz, and Otis helped me carry Sophia out.
We brought her over to Gabby and Sylvie. Jay followed behind us with Ben in his arms.

(Jays pov)
"Is she gonna be ok?" I asked.
"I don't know she's got second degree burns on her wrists and her neck, she's bleeding from the head and her airway is blocked. She took in too much smoke. We need to get her to med now." Gabby answered.
"Can I ride to med with you?"
"Yeah Ben needs to get checked out for smoke inhalation anyway."
I tossed the keys to my truck to Hailey and got in the ambulance.
"Damnit her airway is blocked I can't see to get the tube in, she's not breathing on her own without that tube she's gonna die."
I watched Gabby cric her and get the tube through her neck.
"Ok she's breathing now."

We walked through the doors of med.
Connor came over.
"What do we got?"
"Two burn victims. Sophia Severide. Female, 30 years old. Head injury, 2nd degree burns on the neck and wrists. She was intubated in the field. Benjamin Halstead. Male, 3 months old. Smoke inhalation."
Natalie took him into a room to examine him.
10 minutes later
"He's got a little bit of smoke inhalation but other that that he will be fine." I nodded.
"Nat?"
"Yeah?"
"Can you check on Sophia for me?"
I saw the tears glaze her eyes. Sophia was one of her best friends.
"Of course I can."
"Thank you."
I signed the discharge papers for Ben and waited for Natalie to come back.
"They took her up to surgery. Brain surgery."
I nodded and went out to tell 51 what's going on.
I saw most of them had tears in there eyes.
A few of them stood up when I walked in.
"How is she?"
"They took her up to surgery. Brain surgery." I said repeating Natalie's words
I saw a few gasps.
"Did you guys hear anything about Jason Conway cause if he's not dead he's about to be."
"Oh he's dead I checked myself." Kelly said.
"Alright well I'm gonna call Sophia's mom see if she can come pick up Ben."
I called her and not long after she came and took Ben to her house.

6 hours of painful gruesome waiting and we still haven't heard anything. Will and Connor came out. Me, Chief, Gabby, and Kelly went up to them.
"Please tell me she's still alive." I said
The tears in Wills eyes and the worried look on Connor's face weren't too reassuring.
"She's bleeding in her brain and we found the bleed but she went into a coma. We don't know if she will ever wake up. I'm very sorry we did everything we could." Connor walked back into the emergency room and Will stayed back.
He hugged me as the tears fell from my eyes.
I saw Gabby comforting Kelly with him doing the same for her. I turned towards 51 I'm assuming they think she's dead by the looks on there faces.
"Well is she dead?"
Casey asked.
"She's in a coma. They don't think she's gonna wake up." I said choking back tears.
"Can I see her Will?" I asked.
"Yeah of course you can."
I walked to her room.
The sight terrified me.
I grabbed her hand.
"Listen to me Sophia I know your having trouble fighting to stay alive but I believe your strong. I believe you can do this. Please stay for me, but if your ready then go, I promise I won't be mad at you." I started crying so I just lay my head on her hospital bed and cried hoping she would wake up.

After I finished feeding Ben I placed him in the car seat that was in my truck.
"Come on Ben let's go say bye to mommy."
I decided to take her off life support. I knew that she wouldn't want this. She wouldn't want to be hooked up to a machine everyday. It pained me to do it but I knew this is what she would've wanted.
We drove to med and met Kelly there.
Will led us to her room.
What I saw when we got there shocked me. Sophia was sitting up talking to a nurse.
"She's awake?" Will said. The nurse nodded.
"Yeah I was just about to come tell you."
I handed Ben to Kelly and I rushed over to her side.
"Hey baby your ok."
"I'm ok." She said with a smile but that smile quickly faded into worry.
"Where's Ben?" She asked.
"He's Fine because of you. You saved him Sophia."
She nodded.
"How long was I out?"
"4 days."
She nodded with tears in her eyes.
"Well I'm awake now."
"Yeah you are and I couldn't be more grateful." I kissed her on the forehead.