Can You Hear Me?

It's been a couple weeks since Jay and I slept together and we've gone on a couple dates mostly to his apartment or mine and today was 51s annual chili cook off.
"You all can start your cooking. I will be judging your chili by lunch time. Teams of 2-3 only. You all have 3 hours to cook. Everyone of you participating has a number. Begin." Boden said
I was on a team with Gabby and Shay.
"Alright what do we need for good chili?"
Shay asked.
"I used to make chili with my dad and Kelly whenever he wasn't working, so I know a good recipe."
"Ok what does it need."
"Chili powder, red onions, red beans, ground beef, and tomato juice. Oh and a bunch of spices."
"Ok I'm gonna grab the ingredients from the fridge and see what the boys spared. Dawson can you help Severide find the spices she needs?"
"Yeah."
"Ok let's kick the boys asses, and show them that the only girls in this firehouse can bring the heat too."
"Let's do this."
We all high fived and gabby and I started looking for the spices.
"So, what's going on between you and Matt I've seen the way you two look at each other."
"Nothing is going on there."
"Your not a good lier Gabby Dawson. Your sleeping with him aren't you?"
"Ok fine we may or may not be sleeping together."
"I knew it."
"Ok come on these are all the spices we need."
We grabbed paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
We started cooking our chili. After about an hour our chili was done so we started cleaning up.
"Let's try it."
We all put our spoons in the crockpot
"This is good."
"It is."
"Ladies I think we got this one in the bag."
We put our chili on simmer so it would stay warm for when it was time to judge.

"Alright everyone times up put your chili on the counter with your number facing away."
Boden turned around and everyone put their chili on the counter.
"Alright before we start everyone put your 10 dollars in the hat."
Me, Gabby, and Shay all put 10 dollars in.
Boden went around tasting everyone's chili.
Our pot was number 5.
He was finally down to the last one.
"I have made my decision."
He turned around our pot.
"#5 is the winner, who's #5?"
"We are, haha boys, we win." Gabby said obviously pleased with us for winning.
We split the money and we all went on with our day.

"House fire. Engine 51, Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61."
We all started running towards our rigs.
I hopped on truck.

We arrived at the scene and started putting are gear on.
A lady came running towards us.
"My husband is trapped under our furnace in the basement and I can't find my daughter her bedroom is upstairs but I can't find her."
"Ok ma'am go over to the medics we will find your daughter and your husband.Casey, Hermann go with Kelly,Cap, and Tony to the basement. Get that man out of there. Cruz, Sophia,Otis, and Mouch find that little girl. "
"Got it chief."
The four of us went into the house while the rest of 51 went down to the basement.
"Otis come with me upstairs, Mouch stay with Cruz downstairs."
"You got it Severide."
Otis and I walked upstairs and checked all the rooms
"I don't see her Sophia."
"Me neither but she didn't just disappear."
I looked under the bed and sure enough that's where she was.
"I found her Otis."
"We have the little girl."
I said through my radio.
"Come on out its ok."
I heard a loud bang.
"Otis what was that?"
"The stairs just fell we're stuck up here."
"Chief is there anyone outside of the house that can get a ladder up to the second story window in the front of the house?"
"Yeah I got Cruz and Mouch."
"Ok hurry up chief."
"Everyone get out of the house now! This furnace is about to blow!"
I heard my brother say through radio.
"Chief I need that ladder now!"
"Otis take the little girl and get the hell out out of here, even if that means you get on that ladder and I don't."
"No way in hell am I leaving you up here."
"Otis! Your younger than I am! You have a life to live!"
"Sophia your only a couple years older than me you have a life to live too!"
I stopped fighting him and went over to the window and broke the glass with my helmet.
I saw the rest of 51 running out of the building from downstairs. I also saw Hermann maneuvering the ladder to get it up to where we were. Unfortunately it was too late. A heard a huge bang. Otis fell to the floor holding the little girl. I was thrown out the window onto the ground.
"Ugh!" I yelled out in pain.
I saw people above me running over to me.
"Don't try to move Sophia, you could have a concussion. It also looks like you shattered your shoulder." I knew that voice, it was Shay.
"Can someone help us get her on a gurney!" Gabby yelled over.
"Gabby I hurt my shoulder not my legs I can walk."
I tried getting up but I was stopped.
"Your not walking you could have a very bad concussion. You could have internal bleeding. Sit down!" Shay ordered. Kelly and Casey helped me up off the ground.
"Ow!" I exclaimed.
"Watch her damn shoulder Kelly!" Shay yelled.
I laughed.
Kelly helped me sit down on the gurney.
Shay hopped in the back with Kelly while Gabby got in the drivers seat.
I felt my eyelids suddenly start to get heavy.
"Sophia you can't close your eyes, we don't know how much brain damage you could have." Shay informed me.
"Yeah I'll I'll be fiiinne." I said slurring my words.
I tried my hardest not to close my eyes but it wasn't working.
"Sophia!"
My whole world went black.

I woke up and was still in the ambulance.
"Sophia can you hear me?"
I was falling in and out of consciousness.
"Sophia stay with me please."
I knew that was Kelly and for the first time in a while I heard him cry. And I felt him holding my hand so I squeezed his back and that's when my world went black again.

I woke up in a hospital bed.
"Hey your up. Let me get the doctor." I heard someone say. I recognized the voice but couldn't tell who it was.
"Can you hear me?" A doctor asked.
I nodded.
"Can you try talking for me?"
"What happened?" I asked the man who was standing in front of me
"Great. I'm Dr.Rhodes. Sophia your lucky to be alive. You fell out of a two story window. You shattered your shoulder, you also have a concussion along with a minor brain bleed that will heal on its own. You were bleeding internally so we had to get you into surgery but other than that your gonna make a full recovery. You will be back fighting fires in no time."
"Thank you Dr.Rhodes."
"No problem."
The doctor walked out leaving me alone with whoever was here waiting for me.
I looked over at the chair next to my bed and saw who the voice was coming from.
"Hey Jay."
"Hey how you feeling."
"Alright I guess."
"That's good. I was hoping you wouldn't get hurt today because I wanted to ask you something."
"What's up?"
"I wanted to see if you wanted to be my girlfriend?"
"Jay I would love to be your girlfriend."
I saw him smile at me.
"You know even with all these wires hooked up to you your still beautiful."
That made me blush.
"Thank you."
Jays phone started ringing.
"Hello. Ok I'll be right there."
"Hey I have to get going but don't worry you won't be alone all of 51 is in the waiting room."
"I wouldn't expect them not to be."
"I'll be back later I promise."
He gave me a kiss on the forehead and walked out.
I was finally happy after those four years with a cheater I finally got what I deserved. And that is the best thing that happened all day.