Family Dinner

(3 months later)
I felt my phone ring in my pocket. I took it out to see that Kelly was calling me.
"Hey what's up?"
"Hey, are you on your way to work yet?"
"I'm actually filling out the final papers, for my new car now." My jeep had been completely totaled so i had to get a new car.
"Alright, well Boden wants me to see if you'll fill in for Brett, she called in sick."
"Yeah, I'll fill in for her."
"Alright love ya, bye."
"Love you, bye." I hung my phone up and went back to signing the papers. Afterwards the dealer lead me out to the car that I just bought.
The dealer handed me the keys to my ford explorer.

"Alright, your good to go."
"Alright thank you." I got into my new car and drove to the firehouse.
"Nice wheels." Gallo said to me as I got out.
"Thanks." I said with a laugh.
I gasped.
"Is that a hickey on your neck Gallo?" I asked making him stop in his tracks.
"Wait, there's a hickey on my neck?" He asked starting to freak out.
I nodded with a smirk.
"This is not funny Sophia."
"It kinda is."
"The guys are gonna make fun of me now." I laughed.
"Come on." I said making him follow me after he made sure the hickey was hidden.
"Where are we going?"
"To my locker. Lucky for you, your the same shade as me so I can cover it up with makeup."
"You are a lifesaver."
"Just come on." I said continuing to laugh.
After I grabbed my foundation out of my locker I made him follow me to the woman's restroom. He stopped at the door.
"Are you coming?"
"That's the woman's bathroom."
"Nobody's in there I checked."
He groaned.
"Fine." He went into the bathroom and locked the door.
"Sit on the sink." He did as I told him and I started applying the foundation.
"So who's the lucky girl?"
His cheeks turned bright red.
"Oh come on I'm your best friend. Tell me."
"Fine, Violet Lin."
"The paramedic?"
He nodded.
"Good for you."
I said finishing up covering the hickey.
"Alright your good to go."
"Thank you, seriously."
"You got it." He followed me out to the kitchen where I got him a coffee along with myself.
"So how are things with Scott after his big blowup at the hospital?" He asked me.
"He's so dramatic about stupid stuff. He's jealous of Jay, when he has no reason to be." I explained to him.
"Yeah, I get what your saying. I once was with a girl like that." I went to reply but then I heard
"Ambulance 61, woman in distress. 438 Gold button street."
"Duty calls." I ran out to the rigs.
"Are you driving?" I asked Gabby.
She nodded.
We hopped in the rigs.
"I miss riding with you Gabs."
"I've missed this too." She said smiling.
"So how's Lilly?"
"She's great, Louie and Sage love her and so do Matt and I. Thank you again for suggesting us to the social worker."
"Anytime." We pulled into the driveway of the address and we saw a woman waiting outside.
"Ma'am are you the one who called 911?"
She nodded.
"Alright I'm the paramedic in charge Gabby Dawson and this is Lieutenant Sophia Severide."
"Okay, follow me." She said rushing us inside.
"My friend she's nine months pregnant." She started to explain to us.
We followed her into the living room and I was shocked too see who was their.
"Katie?"
"Wait you know her?" The woman asked.
"She's my sister!"
Gabby and I sat next to her.
"What happened?" Gabby asked her.
"My water broke."
"Did you call Brian?" I asked her.
"Not yet." She answered. I nodded and quickly sent him a text to meet us at Med.
"Alright, I'm gonna check how dilated you are." Gabby told her while I put an I.V in her arm.
"Katie, this baby really wants to come out. Your already 9 centimeters. We need to get you into the ambulance now." I helped her into the back of the ambulance while Gabby got in the front.
"Did you call Otis."
"I texted him, he's on his way."
She smiled.
"Your having a baby Katie!"
"Yeah, and it hurts like hell, how did you have two of these?"
I laughed.
"Drugs help, but we don't have an epidural on the rig so unfortunately for you, your out of luck."
She nodded.
"Any name ideas yet?"
She nodded.
"Anastasia Willow Zvonecek."
"That's really pretty."
"Thank you.." She was cut off when she screamed in pain. I checked her and the baby was coming.
"Okay, Katie I know this isn't how imagined it at all but you have to push."
"What!"
"Katie push!" It took only two pushes for the baby to be born. I clipped the umbilical cord and wrapped my niece in a blanket.
"Katie she's perfect." I said handing her to Katie to see.
"She's healthy, congratulations."
"Gabby, we got a healthy baby girl." I said into the radio.
"Congrats Katie!" Gabbys voice came through the radio.

We pulled into the ambulance bay at med and we brought Katie in. Otis ran up to us.
"Congrats Otis, you got a baby girl." He smiled and follows Dr. Manning into a room. Gabby and I went back to the ambulance.
"That was crazy." She said pulling out.
"Yeah, it's not everyday you deliver your sisters baby." I said.
"Very true."
We talked about stupid stuff the rest of the ride until we heard a voice come through the radio.
"Gallos trapped!" I heard what sounded like Casey's voice say.
"Pull over for a minute." I said to Gabby. She pulled over to the side of the road.
"Firefighter down! I found him Casey! He's trapped underneath a wood plank! I need help getting him out!" Stellas voice rang through the radio.
"We gotta get back to the firehouse."

We drove back in into the firehouse and just as we were getting out the rest of the rigs pulled in. I walked over to the kitchen area and I saw Scott waiting for me but I ignored him since I saw Gallo walk in. I ran over to him and gave him a hug, even though he smelt like smoke and had dust all over him.
He winced in pain as he wrapped his arms around my waist, he was taller than me so he rested his head on my shoulder. I pulled away from the hug.
"Are you okay?" I asked him.
"I'm fine Lieutenant, just a little bruise that's all."
"I thought you were dead when I heard that you were stuck. Stop putting yourself in dangerous situations."
He laughed.
"Isn't that the job?" I laughed as well.
"As much as I want to talk to you I think someone is waiting for you." He said pointing over to Scott. I nodded and walked over to him. I kissed him before asking
"Hey what's up?" I asked him.
"I wanna meet your kids."
"You wanna what?" I asked.
"I feel like we're getting more serious so I want to meet your kids."
"Alright fine, come over for dinner tonight but there's one condition."
"What is it?"
"The only way your meeting my kids is if Jay is sitting at that dinner table too, I was there when my kids met his girlfriend he can be there when they meet you."
He sighed.
"Fine."
"Alright, I'll see you than."
"Alright bye."
"Love you bye." I watched him walk out and called Jay.
He picked up pretty fast.
"Hello?"
"Hey what are you doing tonight?"
"I'm not doing anything, why?"
"Scott wants to meet the kids, but I want you to be there when he does, so do you want to come over for dinner tonight?"
"Yeah, I'll come over I actually need to talk to you anyway."
"Alright, I'll see you later than."
"Alright, bye."
"Bye." I said before hanging up.

I had just finished dinner when I heard a knock  on my door. Jay was already here so I assumed it was Scott. I opened it to reveal him standing there with flowers in his hand. He gave me a kiss and than I lead him to the kitchen.
"Thank you for the flowers." I said before finding a vase for them.
"Dinners done!" I yelled into the living room.
Jay came into the kitchen with Shay in his arms and Ben following him.
"Jay Halstead." He said holding his free hand out for Scott to shake.
"Scott Jennings, and who's this little cutie?" He asked referring to Shay.
"This is our four year old, Shay."
"Nice to meet you Shay."
"And this is our seven year old Ben."
"Nice to meet you too Ben."
"Ben, Shay this is mommy's boyfriend Scott."
Neither of them said anything.
"Okay, than." Jay said before placing Shay into a seat.
Dinner was very quiet, and very awkward.
"So, Sophia how's Katie's baby?" Jay asked.
"She's great, Katie actually called me like an hour ago and she said she loves being a mom already."
"That's good."
"Who's Katie?" Scott asked.
"My sister." He nodded.
Great, now the dinner is back to awkward.

After everyone ate Jay pulled me aside.
"So what did you need to tell me?"
"I'm being deployed."
"What? When?"
"This weekend, your the only one who knows?"
"When are you gonna tell Hailey?"
"Tonight."
"Did you choose to go back?" He shook his head no.
"Well, just promise you won't die. Because if you die, I'm gonna be seriously pissed."
He laughed.
"Well than I won't die, because when you get pissed, your seriously scary." now it was my turn to laugh.
"Seriously though, please stay safe."
"I will."
"Why don't you take the kids for the week?" I suggested.
"But it's your week."
"Yeah, but how long is it gonna be until your back."
He smiled at me and I pulled him into a hug. It was weird hugging him since I haven't hugged him in two years, but it felt right.
I waved goodbye as I watched him pull out of the driveway.
"What was that about?" Scott asked.
"Nothing."
"First you hug that Blake dude, now you hug your ex husband!"
"Calm down! Not that it's any of your business but Blake almost died today, and Jay is being deployed!" I shouted back at him.
"That doesn't change anything your my girlfriend! Other men shouldn't be hugging you!"
"Okay, this whole possessiveness and jealousy thing is not gonna work for me, so I suggest you leave now before I break up with you!"
"I'll gladly leave." He said before grabbing his jacket, and with that he left.

hello humans, so i wanted to say i just posted a new story called "you saved me" it's a story about blake gallo. if you like blake gallo i think you'll like the story! thank you! have a great day/night!