Valentine

(The next day)
I got out of bed and when I looked over I didn't see Jay in our bed.
I figured he was downstairs so I went to check on the kids. Ben first. He wasn't in his bed.
I started to worry so I went to check on Shay. She was in her crib. I picked her up and put her on my hip.
"Come on babe let's go find your dad and your brother." I walked down the steps to see Jay and Ben in the kitchen with chocolate, flowers, and stuffed animals.
"Jay! You didn't have to do this."
"Yes I did." He said giving me a kiss.
"Here Mommy." Ben said handing me a rose.
"Thank you Ben."
"Here." Jay said reaching for Shay. I handed him to her and went upstairs to get dressed. I walked downstairs to see Jay feeding the kids.
"I gotta go to work I'll see you later." I said. He gave me a kiss and I grabbed the chocolates and walked out the door.
I was sitting at a red light when I heard a huge noise. I looked in my mirror and saw two cars smashed and another car speeding away.
"What the hell." I said out loud. I pulled over to the side of the road and got out. I dialed 911 on my phone.
"911, what's your emergency?"
"Hi, this is Lieutenant Sophia Halstead, I work for firehouse 51. I was on my way to work when I witnessed a hit and run. I need at least two ambulances along with fire trucks, to the Kasey interstate."
"Alright lieutenant, we'll send a firehouse your way now."
"Alright, I'll see what I can do to help." I said before hanging up.
I ran over to the car that was on its side.
I looked through the window and saw a woman and a man.
"Hey, can you hear me?" I asked kneeling down in front of the woman.
"Yeah, I can hear you."
"Okay, i'm a firefighter. My name is Sophia, can you tell me your name?"
"Olivia."
"Okay Olivia, is there anyone else in the car?"
She looked like she was about to shake her head no, but then she realized.
"My kids! My kids are in the backseat! Please help them!"
"Okay, tell me your kids names."
"Annie and Nevaeh."
I nodded.
"Your gonna feel the car shake but it's just gonna be me getting up to the window okay, you can't freak out. I need you to try to wake your husband up." She nodded. I ran back over to my car to grab the crowbar that was in the trunk.
After grabbing it I climbed on top of the car.
I saw two kids through the backseat window.
"Hey kids, listen, I'm gonna try to get you out but I need you to cover your faces. Can you do that for me?" They both nodded.
"Alright, on the count of three cover your faces.
1,2,3." They covered their faces and I smashed the window.
"Alright can you reach for my hand?" I asked the girl who was closest to me. She had to be no older than 8 years old. Thankfully she was unbuckled from her seat.
She nodded.
"Alright honey i'm gonna pull you out." I grabbed underneath her arms and pulled her out."
She grabbed onto me tight as I placed her on the ground.
"See that grey car over there, go wait near it okay, I'm gonna get your sister out." She nodded and ran over to my car.
"Alright honey, grab my hand." I said to the older girl.
She grabbed my hand and I went to pull her out but then she screamed out in pain.
"My leg it's stuck!"
"Okay, don't move. I can't get you out but helps on the way." where the hell is that firehouse.
I jumped off the car and went back over to Olivia.
"Olivia, did you wake your husband up?"
"No, he's not answering me. How are my kids?"
"I got the younger one out, but I can't get the older one out. Listen you need to stay still I'm gonna go check on the other driver."
"No you can't leave us!"
"Hey I'm gonna be right over here." I said pointing to the other car.
She nodded. As I was going over I almost got hit by a car.
"Hey asshole!" I yelled.
"Watch where your going!"
I went over to the other car to see the driver was a teenage girl.
"Hey what's your name?" I asked her. The door had been ripped off her car.
"Kylie."
"Okay, Kylie, I'm Sophia. I'm a firefighter, helps on the way. How old are you?"
"I'm 16, oh my God! My parents are gonna kill me!"
"Hey don't worry about that right now. We're gonna worry about trying to get you out of the car."
"But my parents are gonna kill me!"
"Hey Kylie, it's gonna be okay."
I looked down and saw a huge piece of metal going through both her legs.
"Kylie don't move your legs."
"Why?" She went to look down but I stopped her.
"Hey look at me not down there."
I also noticed that her head rest was jammed in her neck.
"Kylie can you feel your legs?"
"No I can't I can't feel my legs." I heard sirens in the background.
"Okay honey, listen to me I'm gonna stay right here you can't move."
I heard the sirens grow closer and than I saw the familiar rigs of 51.
"I'll be right back okay, I promise." I went to leave but she grabbed my arm.
"I'm scared."
"I know, but your gonna be okay."
I ran over to where 51 was getting out of the rigs.
"Hey you okay?" Casey asked coming over to me.
I nodded.
"Alright how many victims?"
"There's a mom and dad in the suv over there. Moms responsive, Dad isn't. They have two kids. I was able to get the younger one out shes over by my car but the other one is stuck in the car. In the mustang over there there's a 16 year old girl with metal jammed in her legs. She's got a head rest stuck in her neck. She said she can't move her legs."
"Alright. You help us get the girl out. Squad get that family out of the suv."
I followed Casey, Gallo, Kidd, and Otis over to the car.
"Hey Kylie I told you I would be back."
She nodded.
"We're gonna get you out of here okay?" Stella said to her.
"We need to cut the head rest, we can't take it out." I was the smallest so casey gave me the small cutters and I climbed in through the other side. I cut the metal from the head rest.
"Alright let me see the c-collar." Gallo handed it to me and I wrapped it around her neck.
"Alright were good."
"Alright I'm gonna get Severide so he can cut this metal in her legs with the saw." Casey said.
I nodded and went over to check on the family. I noticed they were all out of the suv so I went over to the ambulance.
"How are they?" I asked Gabby before she got into the ambulance.
"Mom has a concussion and a broken arm but nothing worse than that. Both kids have mostly just a couple cuts and bruises."
"How bout the dad?" She shook her head no. I sighed and went back over to the other car to see Kylie being put onto a stretcher.
"What I'd tell you?" I asked her.
"You told me I'd be alright."
"And you are."
"Can you come to the hospital with me? My parents aren't gonna believe me."
"If it's okay with the paramedics."
The paramedic nodded.
I threw my keys to Kelly so that he could drive my car back to the firehouse and I got in the back of the ambulance.
"Do you have any kids?" Kylie asked.
"I have two kids, and I also have a goddaughter who lives with me."
"How old are they?"
"My son is 3 and my daughter is 3 months. My goddaughter is 17."
"Alright, would you be mad if your goddaughter got into a car accident with your car?"
"If it wasn't her fault then no. I would want to make sure she was okay. I'm sure that's all your parents care about right now." She nodded. We pulled into Med and I got out with the paramedics.
I went and sat in the waiting room.
I saw two people run in and go for the front desk.
"We're looking for Kylie Nichols."
I overheard.
"Excuse me?" I said getting their attention.
"Does have blonde hair, green eyes, 16 years old?"
"Yes, do you know where she is?"
"I was one of the firefighters on the scene, she's in surgery but she's gonna be okay."
The woman who I'm assuming was her mother pulled me into a hug.
"Thank you. We were so worried about her, she's our daughter."
"I know how you feel I have two children and they aren't even old enough to walk out of the house by themselves and I still worry. It's a mother's instinct." She gave me another hug and then went to find out more from the secretary. I called an uber to drop me off at the firehouse and then I drove home. I went to walk through the door but it was locked. I thought that was weird since whenever Jay is home the door isn't locked. I grabbed my keys and unlocked the door. I saw candles lit around our house.
"Jay?" I asked.
He came down the stairs in very nice clothes.
"Hey." I said with a smile.
"What's going on?" I asked him as he wrapped his arms around me.
"Well Ben and Shay are at your moms house, which means we have the house to ourselves for the first time in a long time."
"Well good thing I put very revealing underwear on this morning." I whispered in his ear. I slipped out of his arms and ran upstairs with him chasing after me.

Hours later I lay in his arms.
He ran his fingers up and down my arm.
"Do you know how much I love you?" He asked.
I turned over on my chest so that I was facing him.
"Well you just showed me." I said biting my lip remembering the night.
"But, you tell me everyday. You remind me that I'm loved and I love you so much." I kissed him and then fell back into his arms as we both slowly drifted to sleep.
________________________________

SPOILER ALERT

so i haven't watched chicago fire or chicago pd yet but, i did see a clip of upstead making out in bed half naked and all i'm gonna say is i do not ship them one bit. like it's just so awkward, and i feel like the relationship is being forced. like for example with lindstead there was flirting from the beginning. i shipped them so much like it wasn't awkward at all. upton and halstead started out as friends and i wished they would've stayed friends. idk that's just my opinion tho. can everyone please leave their opinion on upstead in the comments i wanna see who agrees with me lol because literally everyone i see loves upstead.