Things are Different

(2 years later; Otis and Katie are married. Katie is pregnant. Jay and Sophia are still divorced. Ben is 6. Shay is 3. Will and Natalie have a daughter, gianna, who's one years old. this is kinda gonna be based on last nights episode)
"Any day now!" I yelled up the stairs.
Ben and Shay were going to Jays house today but they were taking forever to come downstairs.
"Mom!" Ben yelled running down the stairs.
"What do you need from me now?"
"I can't find my toothbrush!"
I sighed.
"Ben, it's in your hand."
"Oh. Thanks Mommy!" He said laughing.
"Go brush your teeth please." He walked over to the downstairs bathroom.
"Mommy!" I heard Shay yell. I walked upstairs and saw her sitting on the floor.
"What?"
"Can you tie my sneakers please?" I nodded and knelt down to tie them for her.
"Are you ready to go now?"
She nodded and grabbed her backpack.
"That's what I forgot!" I went into Bens room and grabbed his school backpack.
"Alright, come on." I lead Shay downstairs, where I was met with Ben filling up his water bottle.
"Ben are you ready to go?"
He nodded.
"Here." I said handing him his backpack.
He followed me as I carried Shay out to my car. After putting both of them in their car seats I dropped Ben off at school and Shay off at daycare. Ever since Ben started school Shay went to daycare.
I pulled my phone out and texted Jay.
Sophia: I just dropped the kids off. it's your week with them. let me know when you pick them up.
Jay: Alright, I will.
I put my phone down and was about to drive away but I heard my phone buzz again. I picked it up and saw that Jay texted me again.
Jay: Happy birthday by the way.
I smiled.
Sophia: Thank you.. for wishing me a happy birthday and for remembering.
Jay: I never forgot your birthday. Even when we were married.
I laughed and put my phone on the seat.

I walked into a surprisingly quiet firehouse.
All of a sudden I heard "Surprise!" And the lights turned on.
"I was able to avoid the surprise parties for how many years now?" I asked with a laugh.
"Oh come one! You never celebrate your birthday!" Gabby said coming over to me followed by Brett and Stella.
"Happy birthday." They each gave me a hug.
"Thank you."
"Structure fire. Ambulance 61, Squad 3, Truck 81, Engine 51, Battalion 25. Roosevelt Elementary and Middle School." My eyes widened.
"Everything okay lieutenant?" Gallo asked as I got into the rig.
"Do your kids go to that school?" He asked catching on.
"My son does. So do Kelly and Stellas kids, and Gabby and Matt's kids, and so does Hermanns, and so does Bodens son."
"They'll be alright." Otis said.
I nodded.
We pulled up to the scene to see that another firehouse was already there.
"Hey you guys take the elementary school, we'll take the the middle school." The other chief told Boden.
Casey lead us into the building.
As we were walking through the halls I heard someone cry for help.
"I'll get her Casey! Gallo with me." We followed the sound of a female yelling until we saw a pregnant teacher sitting in an elevator.
"Ma'am can you walk?"
"No, my my water broke."
"Alright we're gonna help you get out." Gallo and I both went into the elevator but the doors closed behind us.
"Where does this elevator lead?"
"There's four floors, we're on the second." I nodded. I helped her get up but then the whole elevator shook, and we fell.
"Hey, you okay lieutenant?" Gallo asked.
"I'm good you?"
"I'm fine, how about you ma'am?"
"I'm in as much pain as before." I sighed.
"How far apart are your contractions?"
"3 minutes."
"Alright, I'm gonna check how far along you are, okay?" She nodded.
"Your already 7 centimeters."
"Is that a bad thing?"
"No, no not at all." I said trying to calm her down. I knew that was a bad thing especially if we didn't get medical help soon.
Gallo came over and whispered in my ear.
"The door won't open." I nodded.
"Hey we're gonna be here a while, what's your name?"
"I'm Brittney."
"Alright, Brittney I'm Sophia, this is Blake."
Gallo smiled at her.
"Hey Chief, Gallo and I are stuck in an elevator with a civilian, we can't get the doors open. Requesting assist."
I waited a couple minutes and there was no response.
"Chief, can you hear me?"
Still nothing.
"Why isn't anybody answering you?"
"Schools are made out of concrete. Along with the thick black smoke from the fire it could be possible that it's affecting our radios." Gallo answered.
"Firehouse 51 to main. This is Lieutenant Severide, can you read me?"
Nothing.
"Gallo try yours."
"Can anyone from firehouse 51 hear me?" He said into his radio. Nothing but static.
"Try main."
He nodded.
"Firehouse 51 to main, this is Firefighter Blake Gallo, can you read me?"
Nothing.
"Alright we're on our own."
Brittney cried out behind us.
"Hey it's okay." I said sitting down next to her. I checked her again and she was dilating very quickly.
"Okay listen to me, your dilating very quickly, which means your gonna feel a lot more pain, so just talk to us okay." I motioned for Gallo to sit next to me.
"Do you know if the baby is a boy or a girl?"
"No, we decided to keep it a surprise. Do either of you have any kids?
"I have a son and a daughter."
"How old are they?"
"Well my son is 6 years old and my daughter is 3."
"What are there names?"
"Ben and Shay. I named them after two very important people. My dad and my best friend."
She smiled.
"How about you do you have any kids?" She asked Gallo.
"No, not yet." He answered.
"What's it like?"
"What's what like?"
"Labor."
"It's hard Brittney, but it's all worth it in the past end. All the pain, all the tears it's all worth it when you feel the weight of your baby in your arms."
She smiled but it quickly turned into a face of pain.
"I think somethings wrong."
I checked how far she was dilated again.
"Alright, Brittney I know this is scary but your giving birth. Now."
"I can't!"
"I'm sorry you have too. Gallo, keep trying to get ahold of someone from 51." He nodded.
"Severide, Casey, can you hear me?" I heard him say into his radio.
"Alright, listen to me on the count of 3 I need you too push."
"I can't!" She cried out again.
"Yes you can, okay we're gonna be right here with you."
She nodded.
"Ready?"
She nodded.
"1,2,3 push!"
She pushed and I could tell it hurt her.
"Alright, your doing so good. I can already see the head."
"Push again for me." She pushed three more times.
"Alright one more push i promise."
She pushed one last time and then we heard the cry of a baby.
"It's a girl." I said taking my jacket off and wrapping her in it.
"Do you want hold her?" She nodded and I handed her the baby bundled into the jacket.
"She's perfectly healthy."
"Severide where are you and Gallo?" I heard Casey's voice come through the radio.
"Casey, we're in the basement. We were trapped in the elevator with a pregnant teacher who just gave birth. We need paramedics down here now."
"Alright we're on our way."
"I told you we'd be alright."

Not long after Brett and Gabby came down and took Brittney and the baby. I went back up the stairs to look for Ben.
"Where is he?" I asked Kelly.
"We called Jay, he's over there."
"Thank you." I ran over to where Jay was standing with Ben.
Jay moved out of the way when he saw me come over.
I pulled Ben out of his car seat and into a hug.
"Is he okay?"
"He's fine." Jay answered.

"Hey lieutenant you doing anything?" Gallo asked me at my locker.
"Just getting ready to head to my shift at Molly's why what's up?"
"I'm gonna head down to Med and see how the baby and Brittney are doing, if you wanna come?"
"Yeah I'll come." I said grabbing my keys.
I followed Gallo to Med and one of the nurses lead us too Brittneys room.
"Hey." She said as we walked into the door.
"Hi."
"How's the baby?" Gallo asked.
"She's great. My husband and I figured out a name as well. Sophia Blake Quinn. She's named after both of you." I smiled.
"I'm honored."
"So am I."
"Well you saved both of our lives today so."
I smiled.
We talked for a couple more minutes and then we both left.
_
I walked through the doors at Molly's.
"Sorry I'm late Hermann!"
"That's alright kid, why don't you take that customer over there." I nodded and went over to where a dark skinned man was sitting at the bar.
"Hi, what can I get you?"
"Well what did you recommend?" He asked in an accent.
"I mean you can't go wrong with a beer."
"Then that's what i'll have." I grabbed him a beer.
"Your not from around here are you?"
"Really what gave it away?"
"I've worked for almost ten years I know every face that's walked through that door."
"It wasn't the accent?"
"Totally not I answered with a laugh.
"Where are you from?"
"England."
"Wow. What's in Chicago that's not in England. I mean hate to break it to ya, but Chicago isn't all that great."
"My sister lives out here. I wanted to be closer to her." I nodded.
"If Chicago isn't all that great why are you still here?"
"Well mostly because of my family, but I also have a great job."
"Bartending's your great job?"
"No, actually I'm a firefighter."
"Really, my sister is too. You might know her, Grace Jennings."
"No way! I know, I've worked with her before. She's a great firefighter."
"She would love to hear that."
"So what do you do for a living?" I asked him.
"I write music."
"That's cool." He nodded as he sipped his beer.
"I've gotta get going, but maybe I could take you out sometime?"
My eyes darted to where Jay was sitting at a bar with Adam and Hailey.
"That is unless your with someone?"
"No I'm not." I grabbed a napkin and a pen and wrote my number down.
"I have kids so if I don't answer the first give me a couple minutes." I said with a laugh.
"Nice to know. Hey I never caught your name?"
"Sophia."
"Scott." He said holding his hand out to shake mine.
"Nice to meet you."
"You too."